OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gateway3dsperu.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Peru
Hi guys a lot had happened in the past few days regarding the scene, but as a lot have pointed out there are too much argot out there.
I could finally understand about those CIA files, but my question is, after installing the CFW do we still need the red gateway cartdridge?

Thanks

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You need it in order to install the CFW BUT if you are using 2.6 FW then yes you still need to use in order to access your EmuNand.
If you do not own a Gateway 3DS Flashcard and you installed the CFW without it then no you do not need it but you will not have a good compatibility as I have seen several people say!

So I suggest you if you own a Gateway 3DS Flashcard then use both Gateway and the CFW in order to play games it saves up space ^_^

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The current CFW that does not require use of a Gateway is rather bugged and incomplete. If it becomes more developed, Gateway should become obsolete, but that will probably take a while.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest use your gateway card, its much easier unless of course you really want to be resetting your 3DS thousand times a day and break the on and off button!

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
So I suggest you if you own a Gateway 3DS Flashcard then use both Gateway and the CFW in order to play games it saves up space ^_^

My understanding of CFW and CIA is limited but don't you install the game into your 3DS SD card instead of loading from the Gateway microSD card? Why would it save up space?

MrFahrenheit39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, Gateway is still a nice thing to have.
My understanding of CFW and CIA is limited but don't you install the game into your 3DS SD card instead of loading from the Gateway microSD card? Why would it save up space?
Really just depends on if you have a bigger microSD or SD card. For example, I've got a 32gb micro and a 16gb SD. I keep my bigger games on my gateway and smaller ones on my SD card. I mean, technically, the Gateway could "save up some space" assuming you maxed out the storage on your SD card because you could still fill the Gateway with games. That'd be a ton of games though.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 32GB microSDHC card in my Gateway cart, and a 32GB SDHC card in my 3DS. That way, I can essentially have my entire game collection all at once, without needing to carry anything except my 3DSXL.

It's also nice to have bubbles for the games that you play the most often.

More options are always a good thing.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't followed all this 3DS Scene advancement over the few months so sorry if this has been answered! :) I had two 3DS's and two Gateways, but sold 1 3DS and 2Gateways, so Im basically sitting without any Gateway right now. But I still have the Gateway exploit and emuNand installed on the 3DS. Is there anyway I can install the CFW then or do I need to get a Gateway again? :)

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you install and use 7.x decrypted games without a gateway if , for instance, installed via cia on 4.5 emunand ?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
The CFW only supports games running on SDK 5.x or older, so it follows that any made with 7.x or newer wouldn't function.

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW only supports games running on SDK 5.x or older, so it follows that any made with 7.x or newer wouldn't function.
I understand this, but could it also be that the newer firmware, since not publicly decrypted, has more syscalls that 4.5 doesn't know how to handle ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt