Hacking DO NOT BUY THE WORLD'S SMALLEST MICRO-SD READER!

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I bought this product from DX- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11294
It was only $1.38 and I thought it was great. It's so freakin small and it took over a month to get it to my house...
I put it my 8gb Micro-SD card into the reader. It worked fine and everything. It goes in upside-down in the bottom of my usb port.
Then when I attempted to take the card out of the reader, it was stuck. I had to grasp it with my fingernails to get it out of the reader.
This action corrupted the card, making it unable to be used or accessed... I tried using it on the iTouch, my Cell Phone, my Dad's Cell Phone, and 3 different computers. On one computer, it asked me to format it, and it found that it was 7.39GB. I don't know what format to use. I'm not sure if it's NTFS or FAT32 and how many kilobits/kilobytes to make it... so if someone could help me with that, it would be appreciated =)
So, do NOT purchase this product. It's a waste of money, time, and happiness. I waited nearly a month from the iTouch to ship from DX with the 8gb card. Then I waited longer for this *snip reader. If you're going to get a reader, get this -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10767 if you have an SD adapter to put the Micro-SD card in. If you don't, this works good -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14473. This is having problems closing with an SD card though, but it might not be too much of a problem XD. It also writes fast =D

So, if anyone knows the format for the Micro-SD card, please tell me.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's FAT32. Good luck in formatting and restoring it
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
good DS cards come with their own dedicated reader
smile.gif

just avoid the one that comes with the ttds it sucks lol!

this one
dcyf8v89ce21znyu2c.jpg

also comes in other colors ORANGE usually!

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I saw lots of posts about the m3 ds real and how the card reader corrupts your card, or breaks in a week. I've been using it for like half a year and nothings happened to it 0o.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
haringtonl said:
Yea, I saw lots of posts about the m3 ds real and how the card reader corrupts your card, or breaks in a week. I've been using it for like half a year and nothings happened to it 0o.
i will laugh if you started a topic about how ur microsd got corrupted!!
rofl2.gif

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
good DS cards come with their own dedicated reader
smile.gif

just avoid the one that comes with the ttds it sucks lol!

this one
dcyf8v89ce21znyu2c.jpg

also comes in other colors ORANGE usually!
ive been using two of these lots for well over a year and a half and i have never had any problems so i must be lucky
smile.gif

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have one of a "world smallest readers" longer than 6 months and never encountered such problems. Ya know not everybody is clumsy hands
smile.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
games2007 said:
Hey everyone. I bought this product from DX- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11294
It was only $1.38 and I thought it was great. It's so freakin small and it took over a month to get it to my house...
I put it my 8gb Micro-SD card into the reader. It worked fine and everything. It goes in upside-down in the bottom of my usb port.
Then when I attempted to take the card out of the reader, it was stuck. I had to grasp it with my fingernails to get it out of the reader.
This action corrupted the card, making it unable to be used or accessed... I tried using it on the iTouch, my Cell Phone, my Dad's Cell Phone, and 3 different computers. On one computer, it asked me to format it, and it found that it was 7.39GB. I don't know what format to use. I'm not sure if it's NTFS or FAT32 and how many kilobits/kilobytes to make it... so if someone could help me with that, it would be appreciated =)
So, do NOT purchase this product. It's a waste of money, time, and happiness. I waited nearly a month from the iTouch to ship from DX with the 8gb card. Then I waited longer for this *snip reader. If you're going to get a reader, get this -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10767 if you have an SD adapter to put the Micro-SD card in. If you don't, this works good -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14473. This is having problems closing with an SD card though, but it might not be too much of a problem XD. It also writes fast =D

So, if anyone knows the format for the Micro-SD card, please tell me.
did you, by any chance, try to remove the card while the reader was still in the PC? otherwise, removal should only damage the card if you physically break it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mine first reader that came with M3 Simply died on me after long time of heavy using, but reader that came with M3 Real (first batches) is still alive, and works great, never had any problems, and I'm using it a lot too..

Also, topic moved to appropriate section..

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used a Card reader like that, seemed to work fine.

As you say, it is quite a bit harder to get the card out than with standard card readers, this would be much easier to use with a Spring Loaded slot.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And I thought the one's that came with the Sandisk readers were small...

rscn0049ed3.jpg

rscn0051ez6.jpg

I couldn't get the card out the first time.
tongue.gif
But then weeks later the SCDS1 came in, and the reader was better.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been using that same microsd reader for over 3 months and it's perfectly fine. It just takes a few times before the microsd will go in and out easily.

Also, I had my M3 Real microsd reader for about a week and a half before it stopped working. I didn't drop it or spill anything on it, it just stopped working while I was using it. I usually take good care of my electronics too...

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got exactly the same one too, and I've never had any problems with it at all.

To get the microsd card out, you just use your fingernail, it doesn't need that much force at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.