Hacking Do I NEED TO solder the speakers on to a replacement top screen?

eonwarrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A month or more ago, I attempted to replace my DSlite shell since it had the infamous hinge crack.

Everything was going fine, until I tried removing the ribbon that connects the top screen to the "motherboard".

I didn't unlock the thing, and I think due to that, that's how I screwed up my top screen.

Now, I'm looking into a replacement screen, but I know that to have sound on the device without the need for earphones, I have to solder the ones I have to the new screen.

My question is: DO I NEED TO?

A friend of mine just reminded me that I could just use earphones to listen, but I just need to double check to be sure. I have no soldering equipment, and if I can spend as little as I can towards this repair, I'd be really happy.

I'm desperate, so please someone give me advice or good news at least...

eonwarrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not looking for instructions on how to disassemble/reassemble, I'm looking for advice on just the soldering part. I need to know if I NEED TO solder the speakers on to a replacement screen to get the device to work, or if I can use it without the speakers.

fishwilson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. You will get sound in the earphones without soldering the speakers and your ds Lite will work just fine without the wires. I have been doing this myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo