Hardware Do 3DS hard cases work on the New 3DS?

Aster Selene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although the kisekae plates look nice, I'm actually eyeing a certain third party developer that made these really gorgeous hard outer cases for the 3DS...

Do hard cases for the 3DS and 3DS XL/LL work on their New counterparts, or will I have to wait it out for them to make new ones for them? I'm particularly interested in the XL/LL, though I'd like to know for the standard model too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
They purposely move things around for the sole purpose of breaking compatibility of accessories, much like how they change charger shapes with every major gen change, when they really don't need to...

But for a hardacse for travel, I think you'll be alright.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4gcakzfe0uylnmc5rhe.png

It's slightly thinner, but longer and wider. Check your hard case. If there's enough room to fit the extra .5mm x 4mm, you'll be fine.

Edit: whoops. Looks like you're asking about faceplates instead of actual cases. Then no, they wouldn't be compatible.

Reactions: Jayro

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It depends on how the case is made, in any way you should buy a N3DS specific case, because the cartridge slot has been moved, as well as the charger, audio jack, power button, stylus...
It would cover up even the ZR and ZL buttons if you manage to fit it in.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Answer is no...all the slots and extra ZL/ZR buttons will be covered since it been moved around and some new ones added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A