DmC: Devil may Cry demo

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Guild McCommunist, Nov 28, 2012.

Nov 28, 2012
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'm a bit late but I finally tried it out.

Whoever did the writing for this game should be shot directly in the face. Dante's personal appearance aside, it's just not clever. It's not like old DMC games where he'd be all Joe Casual. He literally gets into a "FUCK YOU!" shouting match with the boss in the demo. Like seriously.

Combat, it seems like there's a lot to it but it seemed so easy. I played it on Normal difficulty, just for a good baseline, and it was just really easy. Like Normal on DMC3 will still kick your ass unless you're quite good. Here, I just found myself mashing buttons and stuff happened. Like there's about a bagillion combos but button mashing just seems to work.

First level wasn't offensively bad outside of it all the aesthetic bullshit. It was the boss demo that got me. Just this horrific dubstep sounding crap, really unimaginative boss, and it was insultingly easy. Literally I would just jump whenever she attacked (which took forever by the way) and I'd dodge easily. It just took long and that's about it.

So yeah, hopes for this game are not much higher.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    They based young Dante on prowler?

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    prowler was a big fan of DmC.

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    The devil may cry, but the fans sure will.

5. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    I guess DmC can go join MegaMan and others in giant heap of franchises brutally murdered by Capcom.

6. Daniel Carville

Newcomer Daniel Carville Fantastic.

Ireland
    Like I say to every DMC fan, don't forget that Capcom are going to do another proper DMC game, so don't go so hard on DmC with face value.

I've never been a huge fan of hack n slash, but this game is extremely fun, I'm not sure how it compares to DMC 1-4, as I've only played a little bit of 4, and none of the others.
    This kind of talk could get me killed by DMC fans, but I like Donte's attitude, as childish as it seems.

I enjoyed the demo, but performance on PS3 was horrible, I'm looking forward to the PC version.

7. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I didn't like the normal level, boss level was OK.
    I doubt it will be a day 1 buy for me but I'll definitely pick it up a few months after release when it's like £14.99 or something.

-Off Topic-
    I just bought Zero Escape Vita!
    Hope we get a DmC for Vita!

8. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I really hope they go "Oh god we fucked up" and not "Oh I guess DMC isn't popular..." when this shitfest crashes and burns.

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    This game is an instant fail for me simply because there will be no retail release of the PC version. I have yet to "buy" a download and I don't plan to start anytime soon. I'll either find an alternate method for acquiring the game, or I will just forget about it. If they are too cheap to provide a retail copy to PC gamers, then they can just suffer the lost sale.

Games just aren't that important to me anymore. Less and less every month, in fact. Especially in the face of digital distribution, I'm becoming more turned-off by current industry standards for gaming everyday.

10. Slammin'JamminPowerDunker

Newcomer Slammin'JamminPowerDunker The Slamster

Canada
    I do believe the demo was seriously lacking in the wub-wub department.

Capcom's only hope is to replace the current broody protagonist with Skrillix and hope the fans don't notice.

11. Its_just_Lou

Member Its_just_Lou GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was bored with this property about 10 minutes into the first game...meh...seemed like Streets of Rage made 3D, only not nearly as fun.

"Devil May Cry" - ? Ehh, I'd have went with "Slash/shoot none-too-bright enemies to bits, with ease, while annoying/grating music plays. repeat. repeat. repeat...."