DLC Tracks for Mario Kart 8

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by delt31, May 16, 2016.

1. delt31
    OP

delt31 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2003
    United States
    Sorry for the spammy topic but I have seen a lot of discussion about DLC and whether it now works on Loadiine. Answer seems to be yes now for smash. What about Mario Kart 8? I actually bought the DLC already but I don't think that matters. Is it possible to play those tracks with their music via loadiine and if so how?

2. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    1. Start the game and dump it with ddd. It is best to dump the whole /vol folder.
    2. Press the home button when dumping is complete to dump the meta folder.
    3. Take the code, content, meta, and aoc folders and put them in the folder for Loadiine.
    4. Use SSB mode in Loadiine.
    5. Profit.

And no, the game will not work with DLC in Mii Maker mode of Loadiine.

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    You cannot use DLC from a download site unless its already been installed on your own wiiu in the past, it needs a ticket!. In other words, purchased MK8 DLC before by yourself and installed, it wont work just extracting on your sd card and turning DLC on in loadiine without you already having it installed in the past.

Edit: of course, if you have purchased it like you say in the past, your good to go, not sure how they got SSB4 DLC working without pre-install? :)

Last edited by Reecey, May 16, 2016
  4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Smash already has the characters in the update, the DLC just flips a bit which we can do with SDCafiine.