Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Or you could try reading the thread and looking at which conditions make the DLC get deleted and which don't, admiting you were wrong from the very beginning.
I read the thread and I'm not wrong as I visit the eshop DAILY and install tickets/dlcs and nothing including dlc got ONCE deleted. Nnid linked also. And you don't need to be so salty and rude about it OK? ;)

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
If you have ever visited the DLC shop at least once before you installed the DLC CIA, then it vanishes on visiting e-shop.

If you have never visited the DLC shop before you installed the DLC CIA, then it never disappears.

That's because:

Visiting DLC shop installs a valid ticket to your ticket.db.
Installing CIA installs an invalid ticket to your ticket.db.
But tickets CAN'T be overwritten.
So
- Install Valid ticket before Invalid --- Always Valid
- Install Invalid ticket before Valid --- Always Invalid

When e-shop detects Valid ticket --- Delete everything unmatches to the Valid --- That's why your pirate items get deleted
When e-shop detects Invalid ticket --- Do nothing --- That's why someone's pirate items have not been deleted
Now that I think about it, this does fit with the games I have trouble, but I guess these aren't the same ticket that the ones you install with .tik and FBI?

To be more specific, between all the games I have, the only one that it's DLC are deleted is Hyrule Warriors Legends (And well Streetpass but I really don't mind that one). Smash and others are fine. though I have entered the DLC Shop it was before installing the DLC CIAs, I don't remember in which order I did it for Hyrule, but with your post I guess I went to the DLC Shop first. What I'm curious is that I played a lot with the ticket, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all game, update and DLC tickets for HW to be valid tickets, I guess I would need to install an invalid one for the DLC? Though I'm kinda sure my other working DLCs have also a valid ticket. Well, I guess now I have a lead on what to play to find out how to make DLC works with eShop.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, found a DLC .cia for a game I have. installed with FBI. i entered game, it shows all the new stuff unlocked from DLC. today i boot up my 3ds and game, and dlc is gone. How should i stop dlc from getting deleted? maybe it was because i launched eSHOP? was downloading a free game they offered, unrelated to the one that i installed DLC for
I fixed this problem with not using nnid on emunand.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, from what evidence has been gathered, this is how it breaks down.

1. Purchasing or downloading any free DLC (themes) installs a ticket.
  2. Visiting the DLC section in games installs an empty ticket.
  3. Installing DLC CIAs installs a ticket but will not overwrite an existing one.
  4. Your NNID will check your tickets when it's used to login to either the eShop, Theme Shop, downloading game updates or DLC shops.
  5. If your Title has a legit ticket, your DLC gets rolled back to what that ticket contains. If it has a non-legit ticket it stays.

Result and meaning: If you install a DLC CIA very first thing, before even opening or looking at DLC shops or options or getting any free kind of content or redeeming any DLC codes, you won't lose your DLC. If you did any of the above before installing your CIA, you'll lose it and need to re-install it. There is currently no known way to completely remove the legitimate DLC ticket to replace it with a CIA one. Though you can remove your NNID from your system and that stops the check when accessing eShop, Theme Shop, Updates or DLC shops.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have ever visited the DLC shop at least once before you installed the DLC CIA, then it vanishes on visiting e-shop.

If you have never visited the DLC shop before you installed the DLC CIA, then it never disappears.

That's because:

Visiting DLC shop installs a valid ticket to your ticket.db.
Installing CIA installs an invalid ticket to your ticket.db.
But tickets CAN'T be overwritten.
So
- Install Valid ticket before Invalid --- Always Valid
- Install Invalid ticket before Valid --- Always Invalid

When e-shop detects Valid ticket --- Delete everything unmatches to the Valid --- That's why your pirate items get deleted
When e-shop detects Invalid ticket --- Do nothing --- That's why someone's pirate items have not been deleted

this makes the most sense.

so then if you backup all your tickets... then Delete ticket.DB abd install the DLC this way, can you then once you've installed all your DLC go on eshop without it deleting?

I have another console where I go on eshop and the smashDLC never got deleted. but on my main system it does whenever the DLCshop or eshop is visited.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, from what evidence has been gathered, this is how it breaks down.

1. Purchasing or downloading any free DLC (themes) installs a ticket.
  2. Visiting the DLC section in games installs an empty ticket.
  3. Installing DLC CIAs installs a ticket but will not overwrite an existing one.
  4. Your NNID will check your tickets when it's used to login to either the eShop, Theme Shop, downloading game updates or DLC shops.
  5. If your Title has a legit ticket, your DLC gets rolled back to what that ticket contains. If it has a non-legit ticket it stays.

Result and meaning: If you install a DLC CIA very first thing, before even opening or looking at DLC shops or options or getting any free kind of content or redeeming any DLC codes, you won't lose your DLC. If you did any of the above before installing your CIA, you'll lose it and need to re-install it. There is currently no known way to completely remove the legitimate DLC ticket to replace it with a CIA one. Though you can remove your NNID from your system and that stops the check when accessing eShop, Theme Shop, Updates or DLC shops.

I use A9LH SysNAND. On my 3DS all the DLC gets removed whenever I access the eShop and also when I visit a DLC shop in a game and also when I update a game when prompted outside of the eShop because I have found out that these two things use the eShop too. Even when I play online the DLC gets removed as well. If I erase my NNID can I do all these things and keep the DLC? Is there any problem if I erase it? Can I add it offline afterwards? What's the point of a NNID on a 3DS and what you can do and what you cannot without it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1