Gaming divx/avi playback

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
one of my favourite applications right now is pimpstreamer which allows me to stream most of my video collection straight to the PSP but i was wondering if there were any plugins or homebrew which enabled playback of divx/avi files from the memory stick

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the vlc is to stream tv to your psp. you reminded me about a little app called pimpstreamer by dickydick1969. get that here > http://www.pimpware.org/?page_id=26 version 1.0 is what you would need. it streams most common video files in real-time to your psp over your wireless network. the installer, huh, installs everything you need to your pc and psp. real easy set up.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
godsakes said:
one of my favourite applications right now is pimpstreamer which allows me to stream most of my video collection straight to the PSP but i was wondering if there were any plugins or homebrew which enabled playback of divx/avi files from the memory stick

QUOTE(slaphappygamer @ Jan 17 2009, 07:30 PM) the vlc is to stream tv to your psp. you reminded me about a little app called pimpstreamer by dickydick1969. get that here > http://www.pimpware.org/?page_id=26 version 1.0 is what you would need. it streams most common video files in real-time to your psp over your wireless network. the installer, huh, installs everything you need to your pc and psp. real easy set up.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl.gif

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i've tried a few programs...

psptube is too slow even for small files, psplayermt seems to be the best of a bad bunch but still only works on smaller files, but the files it does load play at full speed

seems streaming and converting are the only viable options

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
godsakes said:

I am in exact same boat

afaik, there is not a divx/xvid player that does nearly as good a job as the built in player

SUPER converts anything into a PSP specific video (mp4) and does a really nice job

then you can just use the very decent onboard video player

it's not as awesome as being able to just play the divx you have, but it doesn't take all that long to process a batch job of the 10-20 whatever videos you want converted, and toss em on the PSP as you need them

with Pimpstreamer, I've basically never had to do that anymore tho

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DivX/xvid can't really be feasibly played by the PSP, decoding and resizing them would require a massive amount of CPU.

The only DivX player for PSP I can think of would only play DivX in 480x272, thus avoiding resizing.

Short answer... You can't play DivX/xvid directly from your MS.
You can play them by streaming because the decoding is done by your PC and not by the PSP itself.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this discussion has been going on ever since 3.00 was released. sony will NEVER support other video formats. we will just have to deal with converting the video to whatever sony wants. those stubborn bastards.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tikker said:
why not just convert your videos
time
hassle
space on the hard drive

i've accepted that's only option when i'm out of the house, it's just a pity i have to spend the time to do convert them and have 2 copies on the hard drive

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
There was one called PSPlayerMT that plays divx and a whole bunch of others but I don't think it has been updated in a while or if it still work on the more recent firmware :\

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seyiji said:
There was one called PSPlayerMT that plays divx and a whole bunch of others but I don't think it has been updated in a while or if it still work on the more recent firmware :\
yeah i tried that one...

but PSPlayerMT isn't what i consider to be usable, it does load quite a few types of files but it still falls over/locks on larger files and even the files it does play, the playback is awful. Great potential but it's not a finshed product

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...