Disney G-Force DS Graphic hacks?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kiaku, Jul 27, 2012.

Jul 27, 2012
  1. Kiaku
    OP

Member Kiaku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been trying to edit the textures of G-Force for the DS, and haven't had any luck with it (due to my inexperience with editing graphic files). I have used editing programs such as CrystalTile 2, Tahaxan, nsbmd viewer, and Tinke without knowing where the main texture files are at. So far, I've only found texture data for the avatar in Dgamer's gamedata folder, and I don't really care about those. I plan to edit the graphics, text, video, sdata, and mappings of the main game.

Does anyone know how to locate/edit these 3d graphic/texture models, or edit this game in any way?

2. Auryn

Member Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Apparently it's my turn again to be the rude asshole that give a bad answer to a "newcomer".....
    Well, I have 4 things for you:
    -Never start from a small project but basically start with the idea to create a new game (this is ironical)
    -Romhacking is not only use the right programs but need long studies and research starting from learning to use the program in the first place!
    -because of the above, you should start by reading some post in this forum, start to use the search button in this forum and maybe google.
    What you are doing is the same as if you was send to a supermarket abroad to buy something you don't know how it looks like and you don't know how it's called in the local language. Would you go to the supermarket anyway?? If your answer is no, why you are trying to do it with the rom???
    -after you have done all of the above, you will see that everything you need is just there waiting for you. If you can edit and how to edit it, it's another story.

Here you have a little extract from the text:

And here some graphics:
    [​IMG]
    As you see, this was taken from CT2 but Tinke or console tool would had the same result.

NB: seeing your goals, i will tell you that you will need programming skills to do what you want.