Diskwriter "Failed to write data, Unable to complete action" does anyone know why?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tyrantt, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Tyrantt
    OP

Tyrantt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    So this started happening out of no where. I'm using version 1.06. I have restarted my computer, as well as the flash card and diskwriter. But every time i try to write a game, with .3ds and .3dz, it just wont write.

does anyone know why?

2. pu1se80

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Wow, that's new to me. Are you running disk writer in windows xp compatibility mode with administrators rights? Have you altered the roms or template files in any way? Tested a different sd card?

3. Tyrantt
    OP

Tyrantt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    First off, this use to work. I'm running it on windows 7 and im running the program as admin. I went into gateway patcher and changed the roms to a private header, then no ban no sky to patch the template, updated the template in diskwriter and the file > write > error. and I cant really test another card because its the only microsd card i have that i bought specifically for this. also, Ive tried to write the original file again, but thats not even working. Ive also tried other versions of diskwriter, but same thing

4. njchris

njchris Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2005
    United States
    Can you try a different USB port? I had the same issue until I switched ports. I did switch back after a couple weeks and it worked. *shrug*

5. Tyrantt
    OP

Tyrantt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    Well im trying to write to the microsd card, which requires the bigger sd card and theres only one of those slots on my macbook. How do you write on a sd card with a USB?

6. njchris

njchris Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2005
    United States
  7. Tyrantt
    OP

Tyrantt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    United States
    Portland, Oregon

Is there any now fixes? as i said, ive redownloaded diskwriter, ive tried other verions of diskwriter, and restarted my computer. is there are settings i need to change or something im doing wrong?

8. pu1se80

pu1se80 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    It might be because you patched the roms with the gateway patcher tool. Not sure, but do you have any unpatched roms to try?

9. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    3DZ, that's a gateway thing (i know it's just a renamed 3DS with header :P )

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    is your SD card legit?

11. sunnynguyen

sunnynguyen Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2009
    United States
    same problem like yours, I got a branded microSD card reader 3.0 which doesnt works with sky3ds diskwriter, but when i use a cheap, very cheap microSD card reader 2.0, it works like a charm, something like this http://www.amazon.com/USB-Micro-Card-Reader-Writer/dp/B001MXON98. I use a noname 2.0 card reader and Toshiba class10 microSD.