Hacking Diskwriter "Failed to write data, Unable to complete action" does anyone know why?

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this started happening out of no where. I'm using version 1.06. I have restarted my computer, as well as the flash card and diskwriter. But every time i try to write a game, with .3ds and .3dz, it just wont write.

does anyone know why?

pu1se80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's new to me. Are you running disk writer in windows xp compatibility mode with administrators rights? Have you altered the roms or template files in any way? Tested a different sd card?

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's new to me. Are you running disk writer in windows xp compatibility mode with administrators rights? Have you altered the roms or template files in any way? Tested a different sd card?

First off, this use to work. I'm running it on windows 7 and im running the program as admin. I went into gateway patcher and changed the roms to a private header, then no ban no sky to patch the template, updated the template in diskwriter and the file > write > error. and I cant really test another card because its the only microsd card i have that i bought specifically for this. also, Ive tried to write the original file again, but thats not even working. Ive also tried other versions of diskwriter, but same thing

njchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try a different USB port? I had the same issue until I switched ports. I did switch back after a couple weeks and it worked. *shrug*

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try a different USB port? I had the same issue until I switched ports. I did switch back after a couple weeks and it worked. *shrug*

Well im trying to write to the microsd card, which requires the bigger sd card and theres only one of those slots on my macbook. How do you write on a sd card with a USB?

Tyrantt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either a micro-sd card reader (usb) where you plug the sd or micro sd card into it and then that into the usb port.

something like this http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Information-Card-Reader-TS-RDF5K/dp/B009D79VH4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424074206&sr=1-1&keywords=micro sd card reader usb

Is there any now fixes? as i said, ive redownloaded diskwriter, ive tried other verions of diskwriter, and restarted my computer. is there are settings i need to change or something im doing wrong?

pu1se80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be because you patched the roms with the gateway patcher tool. Not sure, but do you have any unpatched roms to try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it