Disgaea DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Delfin, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    Hell yes. I have the PSP version of Disgaea but I hardly ever touch my PSP compared to the DS. When this comes to the DS maybe then I can finish the damn game!

2. Kellicros

Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2006
    Agreed to that, Tales of Innocence has incredible amount of voicework, and they could fit in even more if they use 2G(256Mb, like the ASH game).

3. nds_gamerz

nds_gamerz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    yea we need some more good rpgs. lookin forward to anything for my ds.

4. knl

knl I can change this?

Jun 2, 2003
    Brazil
    that's strange, when I downloaded disgaea on torrent it was around 600MB.

5. pasc

pasc GBATemps GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Germany
    Germany
    Maybe a trimmed version ?

Anyway, don't forget that the DS *could* handle 4 Gigabyte without bankswitching so if they need more space they should be able to get it. (I still wonder how big KH 358/2 will be after reading that they have more space available than usually carts have).

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Don't forget about the PSP version which is a little more than 1GB so it shows that it shouldn't be around 3.8GB. That said, a lot of space was saved if they removed either the Japanese or English voice soundtrack.

7. Dhaos_Niko

Dhaos_Niko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2008
    Italy
    i'm waiting for this game. i'haven't played the ps2 version so i will play this. about the voice acting, i think they will put it in.

8. 2dere

2dere GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2007
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    SRPGs I've played so far just haven't kept me for the whole game so I've avoided the $80 pricetag the PS2 game has here when I have found a copy despite hearing all the love this game has. But I'll definately pick it up on the DS.

9. Ruri

Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2007
    United States
    The European version stripped out the Japanese audios (it was brought over by Atlus originally, they always leave those in as an option) and shipped on a single CD (not a DVD), so it can fit below about 700 MB. And making the textures/pictures lower-res (which they might as well do since the DS screen is too small to display full-res ones anyway) will help even more. But still, with that said, Disgaea had (IIRC) barely any video at all, which usually burns up the most space... that means that that 700 MB - 1 GB size is probably about as small as it can get without dumping audio.

So they'll probably have to remove some audio, but not all of it.

10. pasc

pasc GBATemps GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Germany
    Germany
    or downlsample them.

11. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    Yes!! I've wanted to play this for a while, but can't because of the consoles I own.. Glad it's coming out for the DS.

And yeah, there were clips I found on youtube that make Disgaea an interesting game. Definitely, it'll require the voice acting to make the humour better, but I can live without it if I can play it.

Is it like a chess-type game? Move a character around in a checkboard pattern? Like Final Fantasy Tactics? If so, I'd must play it since I love those type of games.

12. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Yes, yes it is. But you move your all characters and set their actions, before commiting them to finishing the battle.

13. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Yes, it's a Strategy RPG. Has a distinct battle system too I might add.

EDIT: Some discitions covered above!