Disgaea 5 PC delayed due to players unlocking the full game from the demo

IMG_7783.JPG

NIS America hasn't had an easy past few months. With the report of credit card data being hacked, or the translation mess of Ys VIII, people have been wary of the company lately. The issues continued when the Disgaea 5: Complete PC port demos went out. There were minor issues found, ranging from crashes to visual errors. But the worst problem of all was when a group of players used a hex editor to edit save files past the cutoff point of the demo, allowing access to the full game, and all of its DLC content. NIS America maintained that were was no such issue with the port, but when more and more people began to claim they had proceeded past Chapter 3, where the demo normally ends, NISA pulled the demo from all available sources, and then delayed the game from its original May 7 release to "Summer 2018".

As beta testing has been ongoing, we have been fixing bugs and issues as they were discovered. While working on corrections last night, we came across a new issue that requires additional attention that will take more time to resolve. Unfortunately, until this issue can be resolved, the release date will be postponed, and we are now targeting a release for Summer 2018. We offer our sincerest apologies to all who have been looking forward to this release of the game.

:arrow: Source

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meanwhile, I guess, the complete game based on the unlocked demo already rests on torrents all around the world, this way, players that wanted to pay for it and play it on May 7th will be only able to look at pirates shamelessly streaming their gameplay from their pirated PC version, and stating "how well does this port run on PC", etc.

Reactions: LittleFlame

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I remember when the demos where just a few megs and only had the demo content.. (sometimes has a little more because the engine needs it but size was like a third of the full game or less)
noticed in several games in the last years that they are the same size (or very close to) the full game size.. which basically is the whole game with a lock..
one of the key points of demos is their low sizes to quickly download\install and try it
if i need to download the entire game with a lock to try it, i rather just torrent the whole game lol

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, I guess, the complete game based on the unlocked demo already rests on torrents all around the world, this way, players that wanted to pay for it and play it on May 7th will be only able to look at pirates shamelessly streaming their gameplay from their pirated PC version, and stating "how well does this port run on PC", etc.
Well at least we can get early reviews :)

Reactions: sarkwalvein

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, those devs are such lazy fuckers that they couldn't even be bothered to remove the main game assets?
So not only does it mean people get a free full game, but the file would be significantly bigger to download too...

Reactions: Shadowfied

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since buying the game on May 7th isn't an option anymore, I guess the demo will have to do...

But seriously, does anyone else think that a delay doesn't really help the situation at all?

Last edited by Axido,

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since buying the game on May 7th isn't an option anymore, I guess the demo will have to do...

But seriously, does anyone else think that a delay doesn't really help the situation at all?
I think everyone alive except 70 year old japanese businessmen think exactly that

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, leaving all assets and actual game in the demo was just lazy.
Delaying the actual game release was idiotic, this will only leave out the option of buying the game and move people towards finding the unlocked demo (that sure is available in some shady site already).

Squee777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you include all of the game's content in a demo? I don't know if it's harder to make a cut down version for a demo or not. But regardless this has happened to other games many times before. When will they learn? I'm sorry that people have done this to them. But come on now... smh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1