Hacking Disgaea 2 - Dark Hero Days Looking the lost characters

greenlanternx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Since the last DLC for this game was released in 2010 (official info in us.playstation.com), I was looking for a way to include the lost characters (Gig, Dark Eclair and Miable) and maybe the NPCs (Toro & Kuro)
I found something quite disconcerting
1.) all decrypted DLCs are the same (Binary Comparison)
2.) if I rename the DLC with another name (DL_US_00 - DL_US_06) activate the corresponding DLC char, out of range (07->) are not detected....
3.) if I put another DLC (such as the jap dlc) with US name in range 00-06 the game dies, but with another number (07->) are not detected.
4.) unpacking DLC file with NISDecmp NISUnpack and La Pucelle Toolpack( by DragonRagnarok) I found the 3 missions (in DUNGEONS.DAT ) between the official releases (Another Princess - The Strongest Guy - Antiphona) but in talk.dat nothing related
Conclusions:
-NISA never planed to release them (I read in some forums about people who bought this game only for this characters, so NISA F@·½~ them , sorry)
-In somewhere in the game, is the code looking for DLC in range 0-6
-In somewhere in the DLC, is the logic to select the right character for the right slot (since in game code have no references to DLC missions)

I found anything else, I will update this thread

have a nice day

DLC structure

DL_US_**.edat => NISPack
cutinPack.dat => NISPack , only have anm***.dat
sound_04_us.dat =>some kind of sound file...
sound_05_us.dat =>some kind of sound file...
start_us.lzs =>LZS Nis
anm0000.dat=>some animation
char.dat=>name of all chars (includes the lost three ) and Job's list
charhelp.dat=> characters description blocks (includes the description of lost three)
comb.dat=>compiled code??
dungeon.dat=>name of all missions (each mission have some hex code, related have secuencial code, Example Map1 code E7, Map2 code E8 )
effect0.psp3d => compiled code??
face.dat=>compiled code??
FontB0000.txp
fontB.fnt
fontB.ftd
HABIT.dat => generic job's list
InProgramTxtDB=> menus, help texts, game messages
magic.dat=> all skills and description block (includes the skills for the 7 released, I don't know the other 3.... )
mitem.dat=> all items, included magichange items (includes magichange all dlc chars, including the lost three )
mp50001.datpsp=> compiled code??
music.dat=>music shop "items"
script00.dat=> compiled code??
sys2.txp
talk00.dat=>all dialogs (some DLC have alternative dialogs...... I can't find dialogs for the lost three, maybe don't have.....)
waku.txp
WISH2.dat=>assist as senator "missions"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up