Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Messing with your own game is one thing, but messing with somebody else's is bad.

This isn't just cheating in Mario Kart we're talking about, there have been hacks for various online games that can literally mess with another person's stats (which carry over to clean games as well).

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheating is fine if you don't affect others, since it just ruins your own enjoyment of the game. But if it affects others then cheating is bad.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I agree, enough with the online cheating, i think it's should be dealt with the same way as asking for roms etc.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah. I've shared my own suffering due to cheating in MMORPG. and it sucked dammit.
Fly Hack
-dammit, they fly above the sky and can't be hit. you suddenly die without seeing your enemy
One Hit Hack
-bosses die in an instant. characters too.
Dupes
-duplicating items and in game cash. them guys aren't afraid to upgrade since they have limitless resources.
Speed Hack
-them attacks too fast.

It was a terrible time for us, many quit playing, but there were some who stayed. I think the patch when it happened was appropriate "Crimson Dawn". Bugs were abused. there were a lot of players getting perma ban. lasted for about 6 months.

but i'm glad that was over even before the next patch.

so we shouldn't allow cheating in GBAtemp.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Although we are a game/console/etc hacking focused community I also don't think we should allow discussions for online cheating, or allow information about how to cheat online to exist on the forum. Its very different from other game hacking discussions and effects innocent peoples enjoyment, if you want to cheat in a single player game whereby it impacts on no one else's experience but your own that's fine by me. But I would hate to think that someone's online gaming session was disrupted by an idiot who found out how to cause said disruption on the temp.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree. Though it probably won't make much difference. Those idiots will just go on youtube and 'COD: Blacks Ops Super hack 100% headshot instakill deathmatch' and still find what they're looking for.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Wizerzak said:
I agree. Though it probably won't make much difference. Those idiots will just go on youtube and 'COD: Blacks Ops Super hack 100% headshot instakill deathmatch' and still find what they're looking for.

You're right. It most likely won't make much of a difference. The point in this situation would be one less source for the cheaters and hackers to find their tools.

Another thing is threads that ask for online cheats or how to hack COD, whatever and what have you...they are nothing but flamebait, since 90% of this community feels so strongly towards online cheating.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
what a great idea! this would be amazing

the other day i played CoD4 and i hated it for all the hacks they were using. i am not going to play that game again thanks to cheaters online. one thing is using cheats by yourself, but online, it affects others aswell

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I agree. Offline cheating is alright though. I mean all your cheating is yourself right? Depriving yourself of playing a game as it was meant to be played. Anyway, previous posts before when/if this rule applies aren't going to get warns amirite? I might have some posts to edit.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?