Hacking Discussion: What is Xecuter's mod?

boscocraftXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. It's not a secret that Team Xecuter has done something to the switch, allowing for CFW to be ran, regardless of what fw you run...

What do you think this mod is? Is it hard or soft modding, and is it reversible?

I personally think that it is going to be hardware mods, probably along the lines of Jtag, and RGH. But what do you guys think?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its gonna be a device that you clip on the emmc and flash it via USB
the switch it built too tight to house any thing else inside it.

this is the switch emmc https://i.imgur.com/qYDfZbZ.jpg

thats just my opinion

no one knows anything about it yet. but im 99% sure its hardmod
At best it would clip between the eMMC and the main board. You can't just flash the eMMC without the console-unique keys, can't get those without a hardmod on the system while it's running.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its gonna replace the micro sd card slot and you will have to solder wires to other parts of the system then close up and it will do its thing like dumping the keys on boot and then letting you take them repack then in a file you make then put it back on the memory card and flash. its the only thing I think they can do but lets keep speculating and see what others think.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its gonna replace the micro sd card slot and you will have to solder wires to other parts of the system then close up and it will do its thing like dumping the keys on boot and then letting you take them repack then in a file you make then put it back on the memory card and flash. its the only thing I think they can do but lets keep speculating and see what others think.

Key's aren't unique to each system, so this wouldn't make sense to have to purchase something from them to complete. If they get the keys, that means they have the files already and we would just be purchasing the files.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Key's aren't unique to each system, so this wouldn't make sense to have to purchase something from them to complete. If they get the keys, that means they have the files already and we would just be purchasing the files.
Actually there are keys on the switch that are console unique. Not all of them, but there are some

Reactions: brickmii82

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i think its gonna be a device that you clip on the emmc and flash it via USB
the switch it built too tight to house any thing else inside it.

this is the switch emmc https://i.imgur.com/qYDfZbZ.jpg

thats just my opinion

no one knows anything about it yet. but im 99% sure its hardmod
So basically, a Switch ''E3 flasher''.

Reactions: brickmii82

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely it's a device that takes advantage of the four corners magnet exploit. If you hold all four corners of the screen while booting it up and then place a neodymium magnet in the back dead center you can boot anything you want.,

Reactions: I pwned U!

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely it's a device that takes advantage of the four corners magnet exploit. If you hold all four corners of the screen while booting it up and then place a neodymium magnet in the back dead center you can boot anything you want.,

link?

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Instructions unclear, magnets were too strong!

Attachments

• swotch.png
    swotch.png
    228 KB · Views: 697

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning