Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Ledaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, only learned texture modding yesterday so please bare with me. I have a question regarding this certain texture.

Click here to see: pic 1

As you can see, the quality loss is pretty bad on the green parts. It gets like this even if I don't edit that part of the texture at all.
Using nut_check.py this is "24.dds" and it says "has 9 mipmaps. format is 2". It's the only texture I've edited that doesn't have "4 mipmaps, format 0" so I saved it differently following a guide, but I guess I must be doing something wrong?

I use photoshop and I save it in .dds with "NVIDIA dds Format" in 'DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha' (generate mip maps: 9).

Any helpful advice on how to save these textures would be greatly appreciated!

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i finally did this
u6HdzKz.jpg

bandeaux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I came to ask about using Mii fighters online.
So I used this mod: https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-4-easy-css-editor.428542/ to get the standalone Miis on the CSS so I could play as them online. (Yes, the mii being used IS default medium sized so normally no problems should happen due to sizing).
Installed it and booted mods on my wii u and it worked fine. The only problem was using them online, because whenever I get into a match, a few seconds in I'll get the "An error has occurred" error message and I'm sent back to the with friends/with anyone online screen. I tested this out with the enemy Miis (the ones in multi-man smash) as well. It's a little different in their case because every time the match starts, the opponent immediately disconnects and I'm facing a CPU.
Could I get some help on why I'm getting this error message and how I could prevent it from happening? Really, I only want help on figuring out how to get the standalone Miis to work, not the enemy Miis. I could care less about those. Could it be something with other miis on my system (that have various sizes) appearing in place of the Nintendo Network mii appearing on my screen, or could it have something to do with the other players' Miis?

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I came to ask about using Mii fighters online.
So I used this mod: https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-4-easy-css-editor.428542/ to get the standalone Miis on the CSS so I could play as them online. (Yes, the mii being used IS default medium sized so normally no problems should happen due to sizing).
Installed it and booted mods on my wii u and it worked fine. The only problem was using them online, because whenever I get into a match, a few seconds in I'll get the "An error has occurred" error message and I'm sent back to the with friends/with anyone online screen. I tested this out with the enemy Miis (the ones in multi-man smash) as well. It's a little different in their case because every time the match starts, the opponent immediately disconnects and I'm facing a CPU.
Could I get some help on why I'm getting this error message and how I could prevent it from happening? Really, I only want help on figuring out how to get the standalone Miis to work, not the enemy Miis. I could care less about those. Could it be something with other miis on my system (that have various sizes) appearing in place of the Nintendo Network mii appearing on my screen, or could it have something to do with the other players' Miis?

The reason you are disconnecting from other people when using those Mii's is because you are desyncing from them

bandeaux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looked into it on the internet a little bit more, seems like this guy used the same method and got it working fine. I don't see any difference in the method (other than the Mii, discluding size).

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Looked into it on the internet a little bit more, seems like this guy used the same method and got it working fine. I don't see any difference in the method (other than the Mii, discluding size).

I'm sad that little mac didn't side b off the stage just why do i find that funny

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I have used sm4shexplorer to mod my game and my disc copy just hangs at the "saving data" screen. However, when I use my backup copy on my SD card (which I am more interested in), I just get a black screen and my game never loads. I go to the loadiine website on my Wii U, use cafeiine (twice as directed by tutorials), then Loadiine GX2. I have had no luck so far. Any help for my backup copy would be great. Thank you!

Edit: I have made a little progress. I used sm4shexplorer to replace Cloud's voice and loaded up my backup copy but now he is completely silent. That's just from running GX loadiine. Whenever I try cafiine and then GX, the game just hangs.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by PsychoticDust,

Dockman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went to the options and changed my directories to see if it would resolve this issue I was having, and now I can't see my past mods in sm4sh explorer at all, like a clean slate. I have a backup of my patch but is there somewhere specific where all four "temp" "export" "extraction" and "workplace"?

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to add more "slots" that allows Alt nameplates to exist more? Example: The Ninten Ness pack has eight Nintens but the char_db.bin file only allows for I think 16 slots to use alt nameplates if desired. The issue is, I have two EXTRA Ness outfits BEFORE Ninten so the Ninten name plates show up before Ninten's ACTUAL outfits show up.

TL;DR, How can I get Nameplates to show up on more than 16 outfits?

If pictures are needed I can pro- actually, I'll provide one.

Attachments

• more name slots.png
    more name slots.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited by powermarshall,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: How are you