Discover something ...

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Cecilmax, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    I just discover something interesting on PS4, maybe its something already known but I want to share it.

I bought a game online and ask for a refund, the game was already installed. Once the refund was done the game still appear in my list of games installed with no lock. I just try to start it, I got the message that I need to purchase it and it become locked.

That mean the concept of locking is not implemented into the pkg but it is something verified online ?

I should have check if the game would be run if I was offline ?

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    If this is true, you pretty much have to go offline forever after installing a game. lol.

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    The data is still on your harddrive, Sony can't remove that from a distance.
    They just revoked your rights to the game (which is probably checked online yes)

4. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    That would mean, if we install a game from japanese account, we have to keep the japanese profile to play the game with another account. If the checking is online, that mean we can delete the japanese account..

That bring me to a question, in that case, we can install the pkg of P.T and play with it when we are offline to prevent it to be locked..