RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated both bootstraps, set it to release, loaded the game, nothing, set it to unofficial, booted, nothing, set it BACK to release, booted, still nothing. I've disabled TWL Clock and VRAM boost just to rule out the possibility that those could somehow be screwing it up, and all that does is remove those lines from the debug screen.
Try reinstalling TWLNAND side.

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Try reinstalling TWLNAND side.

I.. just said I did multiple clean installs, including that. I don't mean to sound difficult or frustrated, but I'm not a noob user dude, I wouldn't have posted here if I hadn't covered all my bases first, or at least attempted to. I may not have many posts under my belt here, but there's a reason for that. I try not to waste people's time with problems like this if I haven't exhausted all possible options on my own end first.

Last edited by Vahkiti,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I.. just said I did multiple clean installs, including that. I don't mean to sound difficult or frustrated, but I'm not a noob user dude, I wouldn't have posted here if I hadn't covered all my bases first, or at least attempted to. I try not to waste people's time with problems like this if I haven't exhausted all possible options on my own end first.
Are you not getting the "Press start" screen with the ROM's name?
I'm out of ideas.

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Are you not getting the "Press start" screen with the ROM's name?
I'm out of ideas.

Is that part of the debug screen? It's only telling me those two options I have enabled and then to press start. No rom name. I'm going to attempt to get a video recording of the text that flashes after I press start and catch the frame so I can read it. Maybe it'll say something useful.

It's possibly worth noting that my friend Jonah has had similar issues with a fresh install, and both of us just recently installed A9LH. His was a fresh install, and mine was an upgrade from EmuNAND, which was the last time TWLoader functioned properly for me.

EDIT: "Now booting bootstrap
Running sd:/_nds\release-bootstrap.nds with T* parameters"

*I? 1? it's a weird character I still can't seem to read properly.

uOCFR5J.png

Last edited by Vahkiti,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that part of the debug screen? It's only telling me those two options I have enabled and then to press start. No rom name. I'm going to attempt to get a video recording of the text that flashes after I press start and catch the frame so I can read it. Maybe it'll say something useful.

It's possibly worth noting that my friend Jonah has had similar issues with a fresh install, and both of us just recently installed A9LH. His was a fresh install, and mine was an upgrade from EmuNAND, which was the last time TWLoader functioned properly for me.
Oh, I just remembered. Is "Lock ARM9 SCFG_EXT" off? If not, that may be the culprit of the white screen.

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I just remembered. Is "Lock ARM9 SCFG_EXT" off? If not, that may be the culprit of the white screen.

Yep. Tried it both on and off after reading that it could be part of the problem. No dice. I edited my above post with the extended debug info by the way. Additionally, I redownloaded some confirmed working roms, (Eg: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow) just to confirm that the issue isn't a corrupted rom, also with no effect.

Last edited by Vahkiti,

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yep. Tried it both on and off after reading that it could be part of the problem. No dice. I edited my above post with the extended debug info by the way. Additionally, I redownloaded some confirmed working roms, (Eg: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow) just to confirm that the issue isn't a corrupted rom, also with no effect.

backup & format the sd card & try again

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
backup & format the sd card & try again

I think I'll just try a different SD card first if it's all the same. If I can avoid backing up and restoring a nearly full 32gb SD card, I would very much like to do so.

EDIT: Well.. this is the part where I remember that I'm out of micro SDs, and that this SD card also contains my Wii U's RedNAND. Formatting will make me have to restore that, and I don't want to play Aria of Sorrow again quite that badly so uh... thanks for the attempted assistance I guess? :P

Last edited by Vahkiti,

Pilzkopf777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there, hopefully someone is able to help me.
Launching games using TWLoader results in a black screen. The Q&A section asks me to visit this guide - however I do not know what "Use SELECT to get into the Luma configuration menu" is supposed to mean. Holding SELECT while launching the 3ds does lead to me into a menu but there is no "Developer options" option. Could anyone help me out?

Also, the article "GBA/DS games/DSiWare/Smash Bros/Monster Hunter fail to start with a black screen" does not apply to my problem.

Last edited by Pilzkopf777,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, hopefully someone is able to help me.
Launching games using TWLoader results in a black screen. The Q&A section asks me to visit this guide - however I do not know what "Use SELECT to get into the Luma configuration menu" is supposed to mean. Holding SELECT while launching the 3ds does lead to me into a menu but there is no "Developer options" option. Could anyone help me out?

Also, the article "GBA/DS games/DSiWare/Smash Bros/Monster Hunter fail to start with a black screen" does not apply to my problem.
I guess you're not using Luma, right?
Did you also try following the 3ds.guide guide?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did follow the 3ds guide and even have the Luma3ds setup-thing as an application in the home menu so I'm pretty sure I am using Luma.
"Use SELECT to get into the Luma configuration menu" means that when Luma starts, hold SELECT.
Are you using EmuNAND?

FryFro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been following this project for a while, waiting for Animal Crossing: Wild World to work. Do you think there will ever be a point in time where every single game for the DS works without fail?

Pilzkopf777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Use SELECT to get into the Luma configuration menu" means that when Luma starts, hold SELECT.
Are you using EmuNAND?

No, SysNAND. This screen appears when holding SELECT on boot - no developer options to be seen. I took this screen from a github page - this is not my actual screen as there are only four options on top (Default EMUNand, Screen br., Splash, PIN lock)
Also, if the black screen could be a different problem (= not related to this fix) I'd be glad if I could get some advice on fixing my issue.

EDIT: I just replaced some files and tried "installing" TWLoader again. Now when launching a game a save file is created (only once), the DS boot-up screen appears, the screen turns white and then black and rests. The HOME button can still be pressed and going back the menu is also still possible. The game still does not load though.

Last edited by Pilzkopf777,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I just replaced some files and tried "installing" TWLoader again. Now when launching a game a save file is created (only once), the DS boot-up screen appears, the screen turns white and then black and rests. The HOME button can still be pressed and going back the menu is also still possible. The game still does not load though.
What game are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled