Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robz8 i have the black screen problem too. I have installed the patched twl firmware (v4 or v3 i dont remember) both in sys/emunand (i am using menuhax not A9LH) in order to make ds flashcard work. I have installed twloader and nand side cia both in sys/emunand and replaced bootstrap-dldi.nds in _nds folder. Every time i am trying to load a nds rom i am getting a black screen with the message error has occured..... with no white screen. I havent used any forwarders option or files because i want to try it without nds flash card. Am i doing anything wrong?
- Was I supposed to patch the TWL Firm and then do the TWL_Side? Because if I was supposed to, I didn't. I have a New 3DS XL with 9.2 System Nand, running Menuhax coldboot for 11.1.0-34U EmuNand running Luma (latest). I have used FBI 1.4.17 via EmuNand to install TWL_Side to NAND. And tried using both Title Manager and FBI 2.4.2 (now 2.4.5) to install TWL_Side to my EmuNand (to which, every time I patch both the Nand and EmuNand, the MB goes down so I would assume that it worked; but I'm worried something is not working correctly as I only have been asked about overwriting on the NAND. And that's with the recent version, it didn't ask me about overwriting the launch release when I installed the latest version. With EmuNand it just "installs", it doesn't ask about overwriting anything. I'm trying to use the TWL loader to launch DS games off the SD card (I don't have a flash card). I've tried Mario Kart (U), NSMB (U), Mega Man ZX (U), Feel the Magic (U), Endless Frontier (U), Order of Ecclesia (U), Xenosaga I & II (Jap), Sonic Rush (U), Sonic Chronicles (U), Pokemon Diamond (US, 493 patch), Lost Evolution (Jap, supposedly patched; and again, not the current patch), and even the old DS homebrew of Paddle Battle (an air hockey game). None of them have worked when I launched them with TWL Loader; I just get a black top screen with a black bottom screen with the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details" just like @pikatsu. I know the compatibility is low right now. I just want to know if I potentially screwed something up and need to reinstall/delete anything. FBI 2.4.2 (now 2.4.5) says in titles that a "TWL Loader TWL-MODE" app is installed on my NAND. It also says that FBI is installed on my NAND, which is curious as it does not show up on my 9.2 (my NAND).
Try running a DS cartirdge, your TWL firm may be bricked.
- I know that is not my issue, DS cards run fine, so does 4Swords; both on my NAND and EmuNand.
Hello there

I've got a problem here.
Already done the steps and everything but i can't get the Twloader side to be installed in sysnand (or emunand, im confused right now)...

And the output is the "black screen with turn off to continue"....

My N3DSxl is on Sysnand 9.2.0-20E, Emunand, and i use it on Emunand 11.1.0-34E (on Luma)
From there i get FBI old and latest version to install everything, because i cant get nothing installed on sysnand (things doesnt show up, not even FBI is there)
From FBI old version (the DOS like one)
I get this installing the TWLOADER side.cia:
nstall failed!
WLoader - TWLNAND side.cia
ource: SOURCE_FSFILEWRITE (0x1c)
odule: MODULE_NN_AM (Ox20)
evel: LEVEL_USAGE (0x1c)
ummary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
escryption: DESCRYPTION_INVALID_COMBINATION (0x3ee)
ress Start to continue.

from FBI latest, and DevMenu, i cant get the option to install cias in NAND, so i couldn't try with those

From what i've read, maybe its something with the NANDs linkage, but i dont know where to start, hoping that someone stumbled in the same problem, because, i dont think this will be a easy fix.... i mean "the hard reset format everything easyfix"...
- I've had the same issue! Is your issue that using the old FBI, TLW_Side is installing to "SD" but not "NAND"? Mine is the opposite. I tried using FBI 1.4.17 to install the TWL_Side to "NAND" and it claims it works, but I try to do the same with "SD" and get this error! Could this be the reason I keep getting "An error has occurred" with TWL Loader?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Was I supposed to patch the TWL Firm and then do the TWL_Side? Because if I was supposed to, I didn't. I have a New 3DS XL with 9.2 System Nand, running Menuhax coldboot for 11.1.0-34U EmuNand running Luma (latest). I have used FBI 1.4.17 via EmuNand to install TWL_Side to NAND. And tried using both Title Manager and FBI 2.4.2 (now 2.4.5) to install TWL_Side to my EmuNand (to which, every time I patch both the Nand and EmuNand, the MB goes down so I would assume that it worked; but I'm worried something is not working correctly as I only have been asked about overwriting on the NAND. And that's with the recent version, it didn't ask me about overwriting the launch release when I installed the latest version. With EmuNand it just "installs", it doesn't ask about overwriting anything. I'm trying to use the TWL loader to launch DS games off the SD card (I don't have a flash card). I've tried Mario Kart (U), NSMB (U), Mega Man ZX (U), Feel the Magic (U), Endless Frontier (U), Order of Ecclesia (U), Xenosaga I & II (Jap), Sonic Rush (U), Sonic Chronicles (U), Pokemon Diamond (US, 493 patch), Lost Evolution (Jap, supposedly patched; and again, not the current patch), and even the old DS homebrew of Paddle Battle (an air hockey game). None of them have worked when I launched them with TWL Loader; I just get a black top screen with a black bottom screen with the error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details" just like @pikatsu. I know the compatibility is low right now. I just want to know if I potentially screwed something up and need to reinstall/delete anything. FBI 2.4.2 (now 2.4.5) says in titles that a "TWL Loader TWL-MODE" app is installed on my NAND. It also says that FBI is installed on my NAND, which is curious as it does not show up on my 9.2 (my NAND).

- I know that is not my issue, DS cards run fine, so does 4Swords; both on my NAND and EmuNand.

- I've had the same issue! Is your issue that using the old FBI, TLW_Side is installing to "SD" but not "NAND"? Mine is the opposite. I tried using FBI 1.4.17 to install the TWL_Side to "NAND" and it claims it works, but I try to do the same with "SD" and get this error! Could this be the reason I keep getting "An error has occurred" with TWL Loader?
TWLNAND side should be installed to the "NAND" destination, and if you're still getting the error message, install it to both Sys & EmuNANDs.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compatibility list in the works?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone recommend me some overlooked DS games that are worth playing?

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when it says works with same chip it means I have to put a DS game in slot one but itll override the save so I just backup and reload the repvious save onto it using TWLSave when I want to right?

jacob1223

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
When i try to load a game, I get "The data could not be written. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card"

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 The updater needs to update the ini files if the format changes that maybe be a bit more complicated however because just directly replacing them will wipe settings. I had everything break for me after updating and couldn't figure out why turns out it was because you guys made two separate bootstrap files in the ini file and it was using the wrong one. I imagine the updater will have to be expanded to include other files as well as they are needed to be replaced but eventually it would be good to md5 check the files or whatever to see what needs replaced for the non-text files. This can also be used to prevent redownloading files when you're already using the most current version. I'm sure you are already planning to show the commit and version for already installed as well as what can be installed but, that would be good to have as well.

Anyways, just wanted to give the heads up since it borked me keep up the good work as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol