itsharman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I accidentally disconnected the bottom ribbon cable from my right JoyCon (while opening it up to bend pin 9 to 10). I'm attaching an image of it to this post. I am clueless on how to connect it back. Any help would be appreciated!

IMG-2518.JPG

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I accidentally disconnected the bottom ribbon cable from my right JoyCon (while opening it up to bend pin 9 to 10). I'm attaching an image of it to this post. I am clueless on how to connect it back. Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 121368
It's a ZIF socket. It slides back in from the black side. Don't lift the *tab* or you'll destroy the socket.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this so much. People tinkering just to come back with "I messed up and I am clueless". Testers, go forth into the world and brick your geleeeees. I am waiting for a proper guide.

Reactions: whateverg1012

itsharman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I understand that the cable is supposed to fit under the black tab. I don't wanna pry open the tab because I'm getting conflicting replies on this post (some say that it can pop open and some say that it cannot). Is it a hinged tab that can open upwards?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Right, I understand that the cable is supposed to fit under the black tab. I don't wanna pry open the tab because I'm getting conflicting replies on this post (some say that it can pop open and some say that it cannot). Is it a hinged tab that can open upwards?
Done on phone but should help.

Darien112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

View attachment 121368

dont attempt to bend your joycon's pins thats a dumb idea use a jig if you must do this

itsharman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve managed to get it in a good amount using the tool on the left, without lifting the tab. Does it look the ribbon is far in enough to make connection?

Attachments

• 9066B7A9-668E-4134-A926-A87F76EEC0BD.jpeg
    9066B7A9-668E-4134-A926-A87F76EEC0BD.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 1,733

itsharman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a ZIF or a lift. I was wrong. It's actually a sliding connector. You pull back on the brown tab, slide in the ribbon cable then push in the brown tab and lock it down. I didn't see the brown tab before hand.
Can confirm that the brown tab lifts up, I reattached the rib hopefully the joycon works as normal

D

Deleted User

It's not a ZIF or a lift. I was wrong. It's actually a sliding connector. You pull back on the brown tab, slide in the ribbon cable then push in the brown tab and lock it down. I didn't see the brown tab before hand.
There isn't a brown tab, I've done repairs on Joycons before, I guarantee you it's a hinge

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lifted the brown hinge, inserted the ribbon (went in pretty easy), put the brown hinge back down. Hopefully the joycon works, will test in a bit
The wings on the side of the ribbon should be touching the base of the connector. It slides in pretty easy. If it won't slide in all the way, the brown tab probably isn't pulled out completely. It likesto get stuck sometimes. You'll knwo when it's out all the way because it simply won't pull out further.

itsharman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'm not sure what OP or Kubas are talking about, because they both confirmed that.
The brown piece to the left of the black tab in my picture is actually a hinge. Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• 1E8EC16E-982C-46F2-87FE-4E4639D528C2.jpeg
    1E8EC16E-982C-46F2-87FE-4E4639D528C2.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 1,718

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: so am i so it makes sense +1