Hacking Disc Read Errors...

Mario81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wink2.gif
mhhhh.... i have ordered an cyclo wiz some days ago at Divin3o and its not shipped yet. My european wii is LEH 100... so one of the first isnt it?
And dont laugh ...i dont had any dvd burner or player or somethig like that till now
shy.gif
(but i have 600gb hd at all hehe) So i still have to by one.
I ´m thinking of yust cancelling my order and wait till we ALL know about DRE ------>
rofl2.gif

so please more input!!!!!!!!

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tested 3 different burners now, 2x LG and samsung, same results.

where is the update (or at least the update proof) they promised?

i guess thats the last thing we ever heard from team cyclops. b1tch3s.

mars77

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Figured I should chime in... I got and installed my CycloWiz yesterday into my DMS drive. I played Excite truck last night for like 45 minutes with no DREs. I'm burning with an NEC-3550A onto RitekF1 16x media(the only stuff I use anymore) at 16x. I also burned Wii Play at 8x on the same media and it works perfectly as well. My advice: get some Ritek. It's fairly inexpensive and is some of the best media you can buy.

Phunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im convinced now it really doesnt matter what drive or media you use. I think it all depends on your Wii. It either gives DRE's or it Doesn't. It just needs someone to find out what the differance is between the ones that do and the ones that don't.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Figured I should chime in... I got and installed my CycloWiz yesterday into my DMS drive. I played Excite truck last night for like 45 minutes with no DREs. I'm burning with an NEC-3550A onto RitekF1 16x media(the only stuff I use anymore) at 16x. I also burned Wii Play at 8x on the same media and it works perfectly as well. My advice: get some Ritek. It's fairly inexpensive and is some of the best media you can buy.

sorry, but that doesnt proof anything.
im playing resident evil (cube) for 8 hours now, works fine.
DRE doenst happen on all games.

but what i can tell from my experience, burner, media, write speed, none of them matters.

both the new wiinja and the wii-key claim to have better reading support, so it is a software/firmware thing, at least i can be fixed with this.
or they are liars like team cyclops is from my pov until they prove otherwise.

so all i wait for now is a update for the cyclowiz. which will never happen.

sorry my bad english
wink.gif

mars77

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yesterday i got some DRE's with GC games

Dragonball z Budokai 2
Luigi's Mansion

every 5 minutes i get one
then my wii standed verticaly

no dre with GC games after all

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm more interesting developments. I chipped a freinds Wii today and the discs that are giving me constant DRE's on my console are working fine on his. My console is an LEH108xxx and his is an LEH105xxx. I will do more testing tonight when i get home from work and post results. This is looking more and more like we are going to need some sort of laser tweaking on DRE machines. Is there any info on pot teaking for the wii yet? I wonder if like the xbox 360's the Wii have differant drive manufacturers or models.

P.s also...his machine has never been connected to the net and has not been updated, were as mine is 2.1E.

well installed 2 cylcowiz chips today. one on a dms and one on a d2a chipset. using the pioneer 111d flashed to 111L Arita DVD+R media. burned with clone cd at 8x works fine on the dms chipset and doesnt work on the d2a. Just fyi game was excite truck ntsc usa

also forgot to mention i burned the same game before i flashed my drive over to the 111L on exact same media and it didnt work. Hope this helps others out
These two posts are very interesting. The exact same burnt discs are working well on some Wiis and not on others.

To Phunt: did you notice if the chipsets were different on the two consoles (LEH108xxx and LEH105xxx)? Also, has the other machine been updated to 2.1E yet too, and if so has that made a difference (I doubt this is anything to do with it, but it's worth eliminating it as a possibility)?

DJPrymalInstynct

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, but that doesnt proof anything.
im playing resident evil (cube) for 8 hours now, works fine.
DRE doenst happen on all games.

but what i can tell from my experience, burner, media, write speed, none of them matters.

both the new wiinja and the wii-key claim to have better reading support, so it is a software/firmware thing, at least i can be fixed with this.
or they are liars like team cyclops is from my pov until they prove otherwise.

so all i wait for now is a update for the cyclowiz. which will never happen.

sorry my bad english
wink.gif

mars77

Team Cyclops News
It has been reported that some current generation mods suffer from the old "Idle Disc Read Error (DRE)" bug that was frequent in early badly designed GC modchips. Some people wrongly concluded that it could be the case with CycloWiz, but fortunately it just can't be, and here is why.

The Wii drive, unlike GC drive, is aware of standard DVD format. Standard DVDs can be read by any Wii (yes, an Official DVD player is in theory possible) but as a protection mean some commands used by games are disabled when a standard DVD is inserted.

CycloWiz job is to re-enable those commands. Unlike some other mods, CycloWiz lets the original Wii firmware handle every aspects of DVD reading. In fact, CycloWiz is probably the only chip on market that doesn't use bitsetting at all. That way, no continuous patching is needed and no desynchronisation can occur. As soon as the disc starts spinning, CycloWiz becomes transparent (you could even remove it!), it's all in the drive's hands.

We won't say that it's impossible to get a DRE with CycloWiz due to media. Simply use a good burner with good media and and you'll never have to worry about DRE. We are also aware of an unrelated deterministic DRE problem with three PAL games. We will provide an upgrade correcting this issue in a couple of days, along with some surprise features
smile.gif

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting rather sick of Team Cyclops and their arrogant advertising methods in the guise of public interest articles.

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wtf?!
ic get a disc read error at every single game!!!
i testet exite truck, gt pro series, wario ware and call of duty and avery game is playable but it appears a DRE after a couple of time...
anyone has a resolution?

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Special2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've just installed my wiinja v1.
I have absolutly no DRE Problems yet.
Tried with:
Emtec (+R and -R) with Wario Ware (burned 4x Speed) ; Tested: about 45 minutes to an hour incl. pausing the game for some minutes
TDK (+R and -R) with Need for Speed Carbone (Burned 8x Speed) ; Tested: Two quick races with two players
Fujifilm (-R) with Tony Hawk (Burned 16x Speed) ; Tested: Just one quick race.

My Burner: LG GSA-H42L
My Wii: Pal System with DMS Chipset.
My Wiinja: V1

Burning-Software: IMGBurn
If something changes, i'll edit this post.
On monday i'll bun new dvd's and then i also test zelda.

Special2k

EDIT:
I was told that there is a problem with Rayman Raving Rabbits. The "idle problem".
So i went outside and bought Emtec DVD-R disks. I have Rayman Raving Rabbits as original and i also have a Rawdump compatibel LG Drive, so i had already a selfmade dump on my hdd.
I burned it with 16x speed.
And what should i say? Absolutly no problems.
I paused the game for 15 Minutes by pushing the "house" symbol on the wiimote. After that, the wii came out of the standby and i could go on with playing.
I've also tested the pause option of RRR for about 15 minutes. There were also no problems with playing afterwards.
I've played the first day in RRR and the half of the second day.

EDIT 17.02:
Red Steel, Zelda Twilight Princess and Gottlieb Pinball Classics all burned with 16x Speed on Emtec DVD-R: No Problems!

Edit 20.02:
Look here. Today i've get some DREs.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
omfg!
i was playing far cry for 30 Minutes and im still enjoyed it..
but suddenly in the first mission my wii remote vibrates and a noise appears "biiiiiiiiiiep" , i was still scared
wink.gif

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only cyclowiz has the idle disc read error problems, it;s because the disc doesn't spin as fast as when the wiinja is used or something. Go to www.tehskeen.com and check his Honest Reviews
biggrin.gif
not like a certain site who are sponsored, hosted and paid for by a company that starts with the letter d
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo