disc read error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joenuts83, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008

disc read error by joenuts83 at 3:18 AM (1,158 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. joenuts83
    OP

Newcomer joenuts83 Newbie

United States
    Ok i been reading many of the forums here and i really havent contributed, but if someone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I have burned many isos, including final fantasy chocobo tales, mario kart and metroid prime echos. the game seems to load fine but i keep getting an error message that says disc cannot be read please read instruction manual. I saw this in a thread before but it didnt answer my question. I installed everything properly, then uninstalled it and reinstalled. i used the firmware downgrader and still no luck. I am using sony dvd-rs and memorex dvd+rs and no luck with any.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Check with ImgBurn the Disc ID and then check with this http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm if they are 1st class burn at 16X if they are 2nd class burn at 8X, that worked for me, and the +R media change the book type to DVD-ROM, media -R it is ok as it is, try that and post results, I have the same problem, and after dig I found out my mistake was to buy the wrong media...!! [​IMG]

3. joenuts83
    OP

United States
    alright will do thanks for the quick answer. will post as soon as i try

4. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    I have already beat chocobos tales game ... mine was patched using back up creator and I played it under wani's v1 gimme a sec and I will try it now under gators v3

5. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    patch it , it still works

6. joenuts83
    OP

United States
    do patched games work better i have mario and chocobo patched but i didnt wanna waste a dvd, i will try and let u know if that works

7. joenuts83
    OP

United States
    both discs are class one burns the dvd+r is is dvd-rom booktype and the dvd-r is just dvd-r booktype. both get the wii strap warning then a disc cannot be read refer to instruction manual for help

8. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    verify iso with imgburn
    or u might have a crap/worned out writer like me

9. Reppa

Member Reppa Member

France
    I buy all my game, i don't know what is this error, but if you do like me, you'll don't have any problem [​IMG]

10. joenuts83
    OP

United States
    i have a new gateway fx got it in february, so i would assume its a good writer but my wii is old bought it launch date maybe dirty laser, i got no errors on dvdinfopro, exact matches

11. joenuts83
    OP

United States
    patched chocobo tales and works perfect on .3 with no flaws so far thanks a lot guys.

12. joenuts83
    OP

United States
    ok anone else with this problem i just got it working updated cIOS to 249 ver6 rr. and patched the games and all work flawlessly now atleast for final fantasy chocobo, mario kart wii and metroid prime 3 im gonna try wii music next but i thought this loader didnt need patching, i guess i did. using sony dvd-rs at 16x speed to write.