disc read error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joenuts83, Nov 12, 2008.

1. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    Ok i been reading many of the forums here and i really havent contributed, but if someone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I have burned many isos, including final fantasy chocobo tales, mario kart and metroid prime echos. the game seems to load fine but i keep getting an error message that says disc cannot be read please read instruction manual. I saw this in a thread before but it didnt answer my question. I installed everything properly, then uninstalled it and reinstalled. i used the firmware downgrader and still no luck. I am using sony dvd-rs and memorex dvd+rs and no luck with any.

2. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Check with ImgBurn the Disc ID and then check with this http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm if they are 1st class burn at 16X if they are 2nd class burn at 8X, that worked for me, and the +R media change the book type to DVD-ROM, media -R it is ok as it is, try that and post results, I have the same problem, and after dig I found out my mistake was to buy the wrong media...!! [​IMG]

3. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    alright will do thanks for the quick answer. will post as soon as i try

4. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I have already beat chocobos tales game ... mine was patched using back up creator and I played it under wani's v1 gimme a sec and I will try it now under gators v3

5. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    patch it , it still works

6. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    do patched games work better i have mario and chocobo patched but i didnt wanna waste a dvd, i will try and let u know if that works

7. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    both discs are class one burns the dvd+r is is dvd-rom booktype and the dvd-r is just dvd-r booktype. both get the wii strap warning then a disc cannot be read refer to instruction manual for help

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    verify iso with imgburn
    or u might have a crap/worned out writer like me

9. Reppa

Reppa Member

Nov 4, 2006
    France
    I buy all my game, i don't know what is this error, but if you do like me, you'll don't have any problem [​IMG]

10. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    i have a new gateway fx got it in february, so i would assume its a good writer but my wii is old bought it launch date maybe dirty laser, i got no errors on dvdinfopro, exact matches

11. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    patched chocobo tales and works perfect on .3 with no flaws so far thanks a lot guys.

12. joenuts83
    OP

joenuts83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2008
    United States
    ok anone else with this problem i just got it working updated cIOS to 249 ver6 rr. and patched the games and all work flawlessly now atleast for final fantasy chocobo, mario kart wii and metroid prime 3 im gonna try wii music next but i thought this loader didnt need patching, i guess i did. using sony dvd-rs at 16x speed to write.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice