Shamino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a softmoded wii. It is 4.2U and now I have a slight problem - no matter what Wii game disc I put into the Wii, the disc channel shows me the update banner and says I have to update the Wii before I can play the game.

Is there a solution to this problem, aside from backing-up every game I have to a USB drive and playing off of the USB drive or updating?

Thanks in advance.

-Shamino-

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What XFlak said.

It'll also give you many nice features like disc channel movement, copying protected saves, among others if you enable them.

Shamino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies guys!

But I would like to avoid hacking the System Menu. Can I just update to 4.3U then softmod the wii again?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a system menu check. It's stubbed any time the wii is updated officially.

If you wanted you could update with DOP-Mii or something. That'd allow you to update what you want without being forced to have IOS's stubbed.

Shamino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's MMM?

Just out of curiousity - what would cause the disc channel to give me the update banner? Would any game with the update on the disc cause it? Because the game that gave me the banner was Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and this worked fine on my 4.2U wii before softmodding.

Thanks,
Shamino

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
please use modmii to build u a guide, that's what i built it for, so I don't need to explain this stuff! lol

but seriously, just run modmii, and follow the instructions, its safe to do from the start even if ur wii is already hacked, and it will update all of your softmods and ios's and block these updates

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A disc with an update will try to update whenever it detects an IOS that is older than the update. Odds are you downgraded an ios when you soft modded, hence the disc with the update is trying to reupdate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot