Disc Channel Update after hacking/modding

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bwbsparky, Apr 19, 2014.

1. bwbsparky
    OP

bwbsparky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Enid, Oklahoma
    Hey guys. I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. I have a black Wii running 4.3U, soft-modded with Letterbomb, HBC installed as well as a few emu's, WiiFlow and USB Loader GX. I'm trying to rip some new games to my HDD but when I put the disc in the drive and go to Disc Chanel, it says an update is required to play the disc. Rayman Origins simply says an update is needed to play the disc but DKC Returns, in particular, warned that any custom software/cfw might be changed/removed if I update. Has anyone else come across this, and if so, what was done to remedy it? Thanks in advance.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    just update there is 2 4.3 updates mostlicly its that

3. bwbsparky
    OP

bwbsparky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Enid, Oklahoma
    Thanks for your quick response, Shadow. I was wanting to make sure that the mods I've done wouldn't be messed with and still be able to play my back-ups from the HDD. Is this something you've come across before?

4. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    You need to install priiloader and enable block disc updates wile your at it block all updates online ect.

5. bwbsparky
    OP

bwbsparky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Enid, Oklahoma
    Thanks worm28! That's one thing I haven't done yet. I've read up on Priiloader in the past but thought it wasn't necessary for what I was doing. That will be a good task for tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.

6. bwbsparky
    OP

bwbsparky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Enid, Oklahoma
    I'm about to install priiloader then I came across this post on a WiBrew forum:

It is highly recommended to install Priiloader only on a Wii with only unmodified IOSs!
    You agree that you install this tool at your own risk, and that the author can not be held
    responsible for any damages cuased by either using or installing this tool

Since I've already done some fairly extensive soft-modding, does this mean I'll have to start from scratch to avoid bricking?

7. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    I've used modmii For the Wiis I've softmoded. Haven't failed me yet. It guides you through the process and installs all the necessary files.

8. bwbsparky
    OP

bwbsparky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Enid, Oklahoma
    Cool. Thanks for the tip, Ozito, I'll give it a shot. Is it usually a first step mod or can it be implemented at any point while modding? I'm no stranger to the modding scene, I'm just double and triple checking to avoid a brick.