Hacking Disc can't be read?

hksmrchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't read my HotD overkill disc :[ what am I doing wrong?

I got the iso, and everything, but when I burn it and put it in and launch it with the backup launcher, it doesn't work.

Using Gamma .3, 3.3U wii.

I think its because some of my .rar's don't appear as .rar, but it appears as .r## (like .r30)

Help?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if the .iso got fake signed then it wont work on 3.3 you need to downgrade to 3.2, that's the only think that came to my mind...!!!
smile.gif

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hksmrchan said:
I can't read my HotD overkill disc :[ what am I doing wrong?

I got the iso, and everything, but when I burn it and put it in and launch it with the backup launcher, it doesn't work.

Using Gamma .3, 3.3U wii.

I think its because some of my .rar's don't appear as .rar, but it appears as .r## (like .r30)

Help?

I dunno the awnser to the above post about fakesign(still figuring that out myself too)
But believe me when i say that the extension of your rar files got nothing to do with it. even if the wasn't even one .rar file and the files started out at .001 .002 it would still be a normal rar archive. it all depend on who rar'd the archive and what the settings where.
i use usenet for many years now and rar files always start out with

aaa.rar aaa.rar aaa.001
aaa.r01 aaa.rar aaa.002
aaa.r02 aaa.rar aaa.003

anyone of these examples are legitimate rar archives.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
fake signed would be if your game was scrubbed or has been changed some part of the game, and have you read the compatibility list...??
smile.gif

hksmrchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the game was scrubbed, it has 44 parts, and I tried it on my friend's wii and it didn't work for him either, I'm not sure what version he has, thanks for the help, by the way.

could it be my disc? I use sony DVD-R, but all the games that worked are on Sony DVD-Rs too...

Could it be my disc burner? I'm using ImgBurn, sometimes I get power collabaration errors and I have to start again on a different burning speed (I usually use 2.4x burn speed)

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try burning a bit faster, some drives/discs only like certain speed. If you're using imgburn it actually tells you what speed the discs accept and most buners can run at either 2x, 4x, 6x or 8x. Others can do different speeds but most burners will do those.

elmachin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope you dont mind me jumpin in here but quick question. So if a game is scrubbed then there is a chance it wont play? and is it possible to unscrub? I have the same problem but not with HotD but with solitaire mahjong. That one was scrubbed.

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can unscrub as long as you have the original full ISO to fill in the needed data (which the now scrubbed version would be pointless). Choosing "DIFF" as the scrub option in WiiScrubber means it makes a new ISO that is scrubbed instead of replacing your current one. Meaning you will have two ISO's; one original and one scrubbed. If you downloaded an already scrubbed version, I'm afraid you can't unscrub it.

~Steph

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
if the .iso got fake signed then it wont work on 3.3 you need to downgrade to 3.2, that's the only think that came to my mind...!!!
smile.gif

When using Gamma you only need to worry about fake signing, when the game loads its IOS itself. All cIOS include the fake signing bug. And a downgrade and/or IOS downgrade would be pointless then, because the game would load a non backup IOS then.

elmachin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stephanie said:
You can unscrub as long as you have the original full ISO to fill in the needed data (which the now scrubbed version would be pointless). Choosing "DIFF" as the scrub option in WiiScrubber means it makes a new ISO that is scrubbed instead of replacing your current one. Meaning you will have two ISO's; one original and one scrubbed. If you downloaded an already scrubbed version, I'm afraid you can't unscrub it.

~Steph

thanks for the info.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will chime into this discussion as well, if you all don't mind. I just got finished Soft Modding my Wii, I have firmware 3.4..I have the homebrew channel and the backup launcher, I am very new to all of this so please bare with me. I have an NTSC-USA Wii and the games that I have burned are also NTSC-USA(I checked with WiU 1.1 and it says they are region USA) I burned them with my TDK DVD-R discs, I burned them as AUTO since I have a very fast computer(very new, only about 3 months old) was it OK that I burn it as Auto or do I have to burn it lower for it to work, the discs were 8x to begin with..if I put in a disc, lets say and it does not work, it cannot brick the wii in anyway right? And I already removed the updates from the game discs to make sure no update issue develops. Thanks so much

Posts merged

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the games that I have are 4.7 gig, so I assume by it being that big its the entire game. I don't get any scrubbed versions, I prefer the whole game :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.