Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Scary Movie 1 was kinda ok to watch but the rest are just painfully bad but sigh they keep coming out here is a description of the latest one, Disaster Movie:

"In DISASTER MOVIE, the filmmaking team behind the hits “Scary Movie,” “Date Movie,” “Epic Movie” and “Meet The Spartans” this time puts its unique, inimitable stamp on one of the biggest and most bloated movie genres of all time – the disaster film. DISASTER MOVIE follows the comic misadventures of a group of ridiculously attractive twenty-somethings during one fateful night as they try to make their way to safety while every known natural disaster and catastrophic event - asteroids, twisters, earthquakes, the works – hits the city and their path as they try to solve a series of mysteries to end the rampant destruction. Taking aim at everything and everyone, from "Indiana Jones" and "Iron Man" to Amy Winehouse and High School Musical., DISASTER MOVIE lampoons the blockbuster movie, pop culture icons and public figures along the way as Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer satirize everything as only they can. DISASTER MOVIE stars the dynamic cast of Matt Lanter, Vanessa Minnillo, Kim Kardashian, G Thang, and Carmen Electra. Written, directed and produced by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer and produced by Peter Safran."

So they are not parodying any particular disaster film, just the recent big budget hits? I'm not against parody films at all (Mel Brooks did some extremely funny ones) but these are just not clever or witty and are just a series of very immature jokes (which are ok in short doses but not for 90 damn minutes) and most of parody bits are either extremely obvious or just copied from the internet.

Of course I could be alone in this, when I was in the cinema a trailer for Superhero Movie came on and people where laughing at the unfunny obvious jokes in the trailer, though this was in Southend.

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes I agree the Scary Movies are some of the worst movies I've seen in my life, I don't really get how people enjoy them. I can't believe they made another one...well I know what I'm not seeing.

S

ScuberSteve

Scary Movie 1 & 2 were awesome.
But then the Wayans Brothers stopped being in them, and it all went to shit.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I liked the first Scary Movie.. and the first Wayan Brothers movies. Their first movie, "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" (yep, that's the title), is one of the favorite comedies ever! When those movies were out, their style of comedy was new, it was something different.. so it was funny.. now it feels like their just using the same jokes over and over..
tongue.gif

One thing caught my attention on Hadrian's post.. "Taking aim at everything and everyone, from "Indiana Jones" and "Iron Man" to Amy Winehouse and High School Musical"

So.. they made the whole movie on the last month!?
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps