Gaming Disappointed with uncharted

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Being an xbox 360 gamer and now having migrated to the ps4, I'd never had the chance to play any of the uncharted. After loving TLOU remaster I was eagerly awaiting the uncharted remaster as well. But after spending 3hrs or so on the original uncharted I've lost all enthusiasm.

I just can't get past the aiming and the number of enemies that swarm you. TLOU didn't have auto-aim and I didn't miss it. But uncharted just feels bad not having it. What should take 4 bullets or so to kill someone turns in to 10-15 as they constantly jump around. And the wave after wave of enemies that can appear. It just makes the world feel unrealistic.

I know this game is basically 8 years old and I should accept it for what it is, I just can't help but feel a disappointment.

What is uncharted 2 and 3 like? Is there some type of aim correction in those games and is the swarms of enemies different to the first game?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh uncharted 1 was very meh, uncharted 2 is where nd did everything right
uncharted 3 was as good as 2 but had some crazy action moment

Last edited by Joe88,

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe is correct. 1 was an earlier PS3 game that was serviceable at its time but certainly had its moments where it just floods you with too many bullet sponge enemies. 2 and 3 are much better games in terms of looks, production value, story and pacing. 3 gets a bit of a bad rap compared to 2 but that is mostly because 2 was a more refreshing experience. 3 is still a good game although does little to push the series forward.

That said, I am tempted to replay the games on the PS3 because they still look good there.

Reactions: clank and chavosaur

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first one's just in there for the Uncharted fans in my opinion - play 2 and 3, and if you enjoyed them (like you most likely will) THEN you'll probably find yourself going back to number 1 (and enjoying it a whole lot more as a result!). In fact they should actually say this the first time you fire it up anyway! :lol:
This remake is however a HUGE improvement over the PS3 original! (but still not that great)

Don't try to compare any of them with TLOU though, slightly different games anyway, but while Uncharted's are awesome, TLOU is simply a masterpiece...

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I'm up to chapter 15 in the first game. I'm finding the shooting not as annoying now that I have a few guns that can hold a larger number of bullets per reload.
I just want to say I have now completed Uncharted 1 and 2. Personally I also found Uncharted 1 to be really lackluster. 2 I feel was MUCH better in most regards to the complaints I had from 1. Now I just gotta blast my way through 3 :yayps3::yayps3::yayps3:

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mini update for anyone who cares (no one). I finally finished uncharted 1 and man is that game a turd. The final boss is just a complete bitch to beat. The game just blows chucks from start to finish. 5/10

I'm up to chapter 11 (about 50%) through uncharted 2 and it is so much better than the original. The enemies don't constantly jump around and take 20 bullets to kill. Shooting is more accurate (it still could be a lot better). The one hit kill snipers have been nurfed big time. The action sequences are much improved. The story arcs are somewhat better.

Having said all that I still don't know what all of the high praise is about. Yep uncharted 2 is a pretty good game. It does well what it sets out to achieve but not masterful by any stretch of the imagination. I am only 50% done so I hope it will only get better but I'm assuming it will not drastically improve. A solid 8.5/10 so far.

And for comparison sake, I'd give the last of us an easy 10/10.

Ianman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people. This here's my first post on this website. (I usually hang around this site just for info, mainly 3DS stuff.) But yeah anyway I just recently got a PS4 and finally got around to buying Uncharted collection on the Playstation Store, and my brother says its like a movie you play, (??? Really bro? :angry: LOL) But he did say that the enemies don't stop spawning unless you move forward AFTER killing all those bastards! I'm barely that far in the game. I'm up to the part where Nate and the reporter woman,(whatever the hell her name is can't remember) have to jump out of the crashing and burning plane. And after many deaths, I just say :nayps3: f it! LOL! But yeah sure it's a great series like people (and my brother) say it is. Though it's pretty hard to NOT die with all the :gun:Bang Bang Bang! XD

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey people. This here's my first post on this website. (I usually hang around this site just for info, mainly 3DS stuff.) But yeah anyway I just recently got a PS4 and finally got around to buying Uncharted collection on the Playstation Store, and my brother says its like a movie you play, (??? Really bro? :angry: LOL) But he did say that the enemies don't stop spawning unless you move forward AFTER killing all those bastards! I'm barely that far in the game. I'm up to the part where Nate and the reporter woman,(whatever the hell her name is can't remember) have to jump out of the crashing and burning plane. And after many deaths, I just say :nayps3: f it! LOL! But yeah sure it's a great series like people (and my brother) say it is. Though it's pretty hard to NOT die with all the :gun:Bang Bang Bang! XD

Buy the last of us. That game is truly amazing. I still remember names of characters in that game. I couldn't tell you the name of the reporter chick in uncharted because it just isn't important/ interesting enough of a character to worth remembering.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought that pack too, and never played the games before.
I completed the first one, I'm80% on second game. I completed it too. it was harder than the first one. I still prefered the first one.
I started the 3rd (chapt5), the control is harder, battles are more dynamic, it needs a little time to adapt but it looks nice so far.

Like you said, it has too many enemies wave.
But there are ends of it, you don't need to run to make it stop. find a good spot and take your time to target at their heads to kill them faster.
just keep calm ... there will be lot of enemies again...

too bad there are so many. if you can walk without being noticed, there are not a lot of them, if you are spotted, then be prepared for endless fights.

I've read lot of users saying the first one sucks, but I liked it better than the second one so far. the second episode is good too, longer, more enigmas, more fights..., both are good for me.

Reactions: Ianman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk