Homebrew Disable sleep mode

tombi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any way to disable the sleep mode? Maybe for specific applications? Is there any code to disable it in your own application?

The main reason is the application "freeShop". But I also want to disable it fully on my console if possible. Or in my own application. Is there any way to do it? Maybe any patch?

tombi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is just annoying and it seems that the download is sometimes stopping while it moves to sleep mode. Not 100% sure. Maybe this only sometimes occurs.

I also think other games are pausing while be on sleep mode, right?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand what you mean, really. Why would you want to disable it?
As a workaround for some homebrew applications that don't work properly when the system is slept - and also I guess for some games where you're rewarded for idling.
And our pink-haired hero doesn't want his screens getting dusty I guess. :P

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't, it can damage the console. There's a warning from Nintendo not to put it near a magnet.
"putting a dsi/3ds under the 3ds prevents it from going into sleep mode somehow."

It won't. I keep my handhelds on top of each other. Never damaged any of them.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"putting a dsi/3ds under the 3ds prevents it from going into sleep mode somehow."

It won't. I keep my handhelds on top of each other. Never damaged any of them.
OK, but a magnet can damage the console. I do the same. Ninty doesn't warn about stacking consoles, so I assume it's fine.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, but a magnet can damage the console. I do the same. Ninty doesn't warn about stacking consoles, so I assume it's fine.
I mean, why the hell are you telling me not to put a magnet next to it when I didn't say anything about that at all? x.x

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Tommorow here on gbatemp

1468691443-definitelynotajpegfile.png

:rofl2:

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certain electromagnetic waves can interfere with triggering sleep mode and allow you to close it without it sleeping. It works with home microwaves, just put your console in the microwave after you close the 3ds console and turn on the microwave for however long you want it to cancel out the sleep mode.

It will cancel out the sleep mode, among other things...

Last edited by TheCruel,
D

Deleted User

Is there any way to disable the sleep mode? Maybe for specific applications? Is there any code to disable it in your own application?

The main reason is the application "freeShop". But I also want to disable it fully on my console if possible. Or in my own application. Is there any way to do it? Maybe any patch?
I don't think it works like that.
There's a magnet in the top or lower part of the 3ds. Find it, remove it. No sleep mode ever again .
Don't do it, it'll waste your battery.

Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality