And..patches also the ES_Identify ?
Useless ? I don't think.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope it's not the same ES_Identify patch i use in the Trucha Bug Restorer. That one seems to not work as expected, only for IOS36 and only for identify as SU.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Really?
ohmy.gif

Yes, I looked at your code and it's exactly the same (I took it from IOS36 Patcher). I patched my IOS61 (my HBC and Shop Channel use it) with this patch and everything works correctly.
Do you think it's dangerous?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
Really?
ohmy.gif

Yes, I looked at your code and it's exactly the same (I took it from IOS36 Patcher). I patched my IOS61 (my HBC and Shop Channel use it) with this patch and everything works correctly.
Do you think it's dangerous?

Patching more than the trucha bug into 100 IOS is at least unnecessary in my eyes. Trucha makes sense, identify only in the IOS you actually use in homebrew apps and maybe the system menu IOS.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Patching more than the trucha bug into 100 IOS is at least unnecessary in my eyes. Trucha makes sense, identify only in the IOS you actually use in homebrew apps and maybe the system menu IOS.
Yes I know.
I only recommend to patch 60 (System Menu), 21 and 36, the most used IOS for modified games. But the idea of Dop-IOS is to be able to patch any IOS if you find a game that uses another IOS and you want to make a trucha version of that game.
The same goes for the ES_Identify. I only recommend to patch IOS36. Applying that patch in IOS36 works great for Any Title Deleter.

But please tell me what's wrong with that patch. Maybe it's dangerous and I must remove it as soon as possible.
Is it dangerous to apply the ES_Identify patch to any other IOS besides 36?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have no idea about the patch, all i know it does not work for IOS37 ==> i would not apply it to any other IOS than IOS36.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
DOP-IOS v4 is on the first post
smile.gif

It seems that ES_Identify patch can be buggy in other IOS than 36. So now Dop-IOS
is able to apply this patch only on IOS36. Thank you for the information, WiiPower.
SD files now are stored on sd:/00000001 and they can be used in other applications.
Now Dop-IOS v4 shows your installed IOS versions!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
DOP-IOS v4 is on the first post
smile.gif

It seems that ES_Identify patch can be buggy in other IOS than 36. So now Dop-IOS
is able to apply this patch only on IOS36. Thank you for the information, WiiPower.
SD files now are stored on sd:/00000001 and they can be used in other applications.
Now Dop-IOS v4 shows your installed IOS versions!

You could use some program with IOS selection menu and identify as SU to test how buggy the identify is. For example fstoolbox:
http://code.google.com/p/fstoolbox/source/checkout

How do you show the installed IOS versions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the new releases.

May I ask what the ES_identify is useful at ?
I'm still on 3.2 and since all is working I didn't follow what identify does, but a friend of mine is on 3.3. She may need it or is that only for AnyRegionChanger?

what does stub means ? IOS51 v4864 (stub)
I installed it with tona shopinstaller, is that a fake version number ?

Could there be a checker for installed IOS bug too ? like ioscheck or signcheck.
Thank you for your work on this.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
You could use some program with IOS selection menu and identify as SU to test how buggy the identify is. For example fstoolbox:
Yeah, don't worry
smile.gif
I trust you. And also... ES_Identify is only important on IOS36, libogc applications are compiled in order to use IOS36 as default (unless you use IOS_Reload(). So we shouldn't care about having the patch on other IOS.
Cyan said:
May I ask what the ES_identify is useful at ?
I'm still on 3.2 and since all is working I didn't follow what identify does, but a friend of mine is on 3.3. She may need it or is that only for AnyRegionChanger?

what does stub means ? IOS51 v4864 (stub)
I installed it with tona shopinstaller, is that a fake version number ?

Could there be a checker for installed IOS bug too ? like ioscheck or signcheck.
Thank you for your work on this.
If you are on 3.2 ES_Identify is already applied on all your IOS. ES_Identify is a function to identify as a superuser, it was patched along trucha bug in 3.4 in all IOS. If you are on 3.4 or 4.0, some applications like Any Title Deleter cannot identify as SU, and some functions give you errors (like trying to uninstall IOS).
IOS51 was once used for Shop Channel, but when Nintendo released 4.0, they replaced IOS51 with an useless IOS in order to free some space. Now Shop Channel uses IOS61. It's not a fake number, it's the real deal. Don' try to install the old version (minus button in Dop-IOS) because it will be useless for you, and you will be only wasting space in your Wii.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 5 2009, 12:23 PM)
Just look at the code
smile.gif

I get all titles installed on the Wii, then I get TMDs for every IOS (I ignore all other titles). There is a struct called tmd, and one of its variables will give you their version numbers.
I got a part of the code somewhere, unfortunately it was anonymous. Then I modified it for me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
WiiPower said:
Just look at the code
smile.gif

I get all titles installed on the Wii, then I get TMDs for every IOS (I ignore all other titles). There is a struct called tmd, and one of its variables will give you their version numbers.
I got a part of the code somewhere, unfortunately it was anonymous. Then I modified it for me.

SoftChip has similar code, that's why i'm asking. I had to catch the case that some IOS can't retrieve the TMD for other IOS. I hope you do the same.

hipnotik

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, could you include the dip module to patch ios and play backup games by game channel? I'm using cioscorp but it is old ios based and i am on 4.0.
Your work is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it