Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Great to hear that this build fixes 2 disc and PSO again, since I can't test anytime soon can anyone test Billy Hatcher and Need for Speed please? I hope those games aren't broken anymore!

Also can someone test Mega Man X Command Mission if it crashes a lot during battles or not?

I'd test all this and many other games and features like audio streaming, running certain games with no disc in the drive which still require one, running games from disc channel, padhook on games that didn't work with it, though I'm sure non of these have been worked on yet!

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
How come it went from 2.9 to 2.10? Or was it actually 2.09? Always good to see updates nonetheless.

So first time I need to update this, do I just go into wadmanager and install it over the top of 2.9 or do I need to uninstall 2.9 first then install 2.10?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
How come it went from 2.9 to 2.10? Or was it actually 2.09? Always good to see updates nonetheless.
Well computer version strings aren't decimal numbers, as evident from the fact that there can be multiple point-levels. Like Photoshop 10.0.372 or Firefox 2.3.54.7 or something. It's usually that the first number is the major version, the second number is the minor (small features or bugfixes), the third number is just for quick bugfixes, etc.

So first time I need to update this, do I just go into wadmanager and install it over the top of 2.9 or do I need to uninstall 2.9 first then install 2.10?
I just went and installed it over 2.9. There's only one MIOS slot so I assume that works, haven't tried it yet.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of Classic World of Warcraft when they went from 1.9 to 1.10. They ended up getting to 1.12 before the first expansion at 2.0.x.

Back on topic:
Happy to see a new release that is hopefully more stable. Lately I've been messing around with devo but I've got plenty of games I can't verify and have to play with DIOS MIOS. With the whole "well this version supports X, but Y and Z are broken" I've been weary of messing with DIOS MIOS. Hopefully 2.10 is THE version to use now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of Classic World of Warcraft when they went from 1.9 to 1.10. They ended up getting to 1.12 before the first expansion at 2.0.x.

Back on topic:
Happy to see a new release that is hopefully more stable. Lately I've been messing around with devo but I've got plenty of games I can't verify and have to play with DIOS MIOS. With the whole "well this version supports X, but Y and Z are broken" I've been weary of messing with DIOS MIOS. Hopefully 2.10 is THE version to use now.

I'm still on 2.4 LOL

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DM aways had source code or this is just new? Its full code or just the GPL thing?
Oh, and I'm getting a 404 error code on official download.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) What is preferred, 2.10 real NAND or 2.10 *NEEK DI?
I have dios mios 2.9 installed but i don't know which version.
2) Shall i update from 2.9 to 2.10 via wad manager 1.7 and install to IOS236?
3) Is it necessary to update from 2.9 to 2.10? What does it fix?

Thanks in advance, just got my wii and I don't know much things.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is preferred, 2.10 real NAND or 2.10 *NEEK DI?
I mean i have dios mios 2.9 installed but i don't know which version.
Shall i update from 2.9 to 2.10 via wad manager 1.7 and install to IOS236?
thanks in advance.
2.10 real NAND is the regular version
2.10 *NEEK DI is for emulated NANDs

If you're not using an emulated NAND (or don't even know what that is) install the real NAND version
Wad Manager 1.7 will work, not sure what you mean by "and install to IOS236"

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it necessary to update from 2.9 to 2.10? What does it fix?

I used a tutorial from another forum for the dios mios 2.9 " Install the DIOS MIOS v2.9 wad file with Wad Manager 1.7. You may install it with d2x v8 base 56, or IOS236 base 36."

So i thought it is the same here. When i choose the DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad via wadmanager there would be no options like IOS236?

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary to update from 2.9 to 2.10? What does it fix?

I used a tutorial from another forum for the dios mios 2.9 " Install the DIOS MIOS v2.9 wad file with Wad Manager 1.7. You may install it with d2x v8 base 56, or IOS236 base 36."

So i thought it is the same here. When i choose the DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad via wadmanager there would be no options like IOS236?
Oh. When you load the wad manager it asks you which IOS to use for installation. IOS236 should work, but 249 would work too if you have a cIOS installed.

As for changes:
2.10 (2013-05-24)
  • Fixed a bug in the pattern detection code (DVDLowReadDiskID)
Which I'm sure means nothing to you. There's been reports that games with multiple discs now work properly. Besides that I can't tell you if anything has changed.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Fixed a bug in the pattern detection code (DVDLowReadDiskID)"
That is likely what caused AND fixed the Disc Swap, as the issue involves the disc read process.

On another note, 2.9+ fixed the C_MTXLightPerspective bugs in WideScreen mode, which is cool because it fixes things like water graphics in emerald coast in Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, and Dragon Roost Cavern's advanced heating effects in The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker. Really nice little patch there. Crediar. Thanks.

BTW, if anyone needs a link to DM 2.10 or DML 2.10 b/c the original links on the google code won't work, i can PM link you to my uploads on another host since crediar's host is s***ing the bed today. If I share them, don't spread them around though. I don't want to get on Crediar's bad side. xD

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot! there are often update these weeks! it's great! I would like to know if microphone is working when we play with retail disc and not trough usb or sd?

Cantenna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Devolution works perfectly for me. DM loads games but no gc controller. Any thoughts at all from the community?

I heard to fix it i need to load via disc channel my retail gamecube game and make a popping noise with my mouth, butit doesn't work? Game still loads, no controller support? Argh!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank god I got my 2% milk to wash it down. though the sammie is good. :)