Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I only got 1.7.1, I didn't know they made an update, I got the game as iso+mp3+cue does it support that?
Only wav is supported but the Sonic CD in Sonic Gems Collection is the PC version, which is better in my opinion, the fmv intro and endings have better quality, it's lag free, it just performs better than playing it on a Sega CD or Genplus GX

I don't see why Crediar can't fix such a simple thing, he's probably not aware of it.
After all it was WiiPower who fixed it with disc-inserted, how hard can it be to apply it to no-disc?

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It works without music, music is one of the strongest points in Sonic CD, luckily I can play that on my PS3 so it's just the other two games!
sonic cd works absolutely fine with music in genplus gx...and sonictopfan i couldn't get PSO to run at all in usbloader gx in DML booter it starts up but i still cant get it to work

andyw185

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've tested Enter The Matrix and GoldenEye: Rogue Agent with DM 2.6 and both Dm booter and USBLoader GX. Enter The Matrix works fine, while GoldenEye: Rogue Agent doesn't show DM logo and freezes at loading screen.

PS: I've been having an issue (unrelated to DM 2.6) with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, a heat glitch that distorts the screen. Can anybody help me with this, please ? Thank you.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Only wav is supported but the Sonic CD in Sonic Gems Collection is the PC version, which is better in my opinion, the fmv intro and endings have better quality, it's lag free, it just performs better than playing it on a Sega CD or Genplus GX

I don't see why Crediar can't fix such a simple thing, he's probably not aware of it.
After all it was WiiPower who fixed it with disc-inserted, how hard can it be to apply it to no-disc?

He's aware of it, I told him personally about it a couple of times actually, he says if he doesn't have the game he can't fix it, probably that's why he didn't try fixing that!

PureMagic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PS: I've been having an issue (unrelated to DM 2.6) with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, a heat glitch that distorts the screen. Can anybody help me with this, please ? Thank you.
The heat glitch is result of using the widescreen hack. You can disable widescreen hack when playing on areas with that effect, or just play it like this, there are only 3 areas in the game that use that effect if I am not mistaken...

There might be an Action Replay code to disable the heat effect, I think I found it long ago at some website related to Dolphin (the NGC emulator), because it previously had the same issue, but I don't have it anymore (and I didn't test it on DM).

andyw185

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The heat glitch is result of using the widescreen hack. You can disable widescreen hack when playing on areas with that effect, or just play it like this, there are only 3 areas in the game that use that effect if I am not mistaken...

There might be an Action Replay code to disable the heat effect, I think I found it long ago at some website related to Dolphin (the NGC emulator), because it previously had the same issue, but I don't have it anymore (and I didn't test it on DM).

Thank you !!! I thought that was a game problem that was solved. I'll try disabling widescreen, the distortion is so annoying, but tolerable.

I found the AR code for Dolphin, but I don't know if it applies to DM or how to put it.

Thanks again !!

finaleshed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I made my own thread about this but I suppose it would fit better here.

I've never had problems with Dios Mios Lite up until now but this problem is pretty annoying. At first, I was trying to play Super Mario Sunshine. I got it to run and all, but as soon as it booted, it went to my TV screen, with the VIDEO 1 display on it. So I waited a bit and discovered that the Wii was still on, and that the sound for the game was playing just that no video was showing up. I googled this problem to no avail. I decided I would try to fix it just by updating DML and Neogamma.

So I update Neogamma to it's highest revision and Dios Mios Lite to 2.6. Now I try running ANY game with Dios Mios Lite, and it plays the game currently in the disk slot, not the ISO I selected to load.

Does anyone know what happened?

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you get the heat glitch on DIOS MIOS as well? I thought it would play it as good as your retail game that you used to back it up with....There is a code you can put in on Dolphin that zooms the camera in so you dont see it , but honestly if I recall it wasnt worth it and the segment was really fast where it occured anyways....But thats weird that it does it on DIOS MIOS I would have thought it treated it as the real deal.....On a sidenote is there anyone who can give me a mediafire link or any other file hosting link for DMToolbox-v0.3 since I cant seem to get it from official page bc i have used up my spots for the day getting the other tools, thank you and I need V 0.3 for MGS Twin Snakes since it calls for that on dual disc games. Thank you for anyone who can help me !

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've never had problems with Dios Mios Lite up until now but this problem is pretty annoying. At first, I was trying to play Super Mario Sunshine. I got it to run and all, but as soon as it booted, it went to my TV screen, with the VIDEO 1 display on it. So I waited a bit and discovered that the Wii was still on, and that the sound for the game was playing just that no video was showing up. I googled this problem to no avail. I decided I would try to fix it just by updating DML and Neogamma.

So I update Neogamma to it's highest revision and Dios Mios Lite to 2.6. Now I try running ANY game with Dios Mios Lite, and it plays the game currently in the disk slot, not the ISO I selected to load.

I had tons of issues setting DIOS MIOS up until Cyan stepped in and helped me out. Hmm I also had that issue which you are having before i was all up and running for good. If I recall correctly make sure your video settings are all set up right. Thats what I believe did it for me. I am also using USB Loader GX and Mario Sunshine is fine for me on that loader. I believe it is in the Video Settings for some reason that makes it do that.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

The thing about it just playing the game in the drive is because I think NeoGamma stopped being updated and then DM(L) changed the format it uses to get settings from the the loader. With the settings in the wrong format DM(L) just assumes it's been run from the disk channel on the system menu and just runs the disk in the drive. To fix it you'd have to either go back to your previous version of DML or change to a backup loader that's still being updated and is compatible with newer versions of DM(L).

As for your problem with the screen being black but you still hearing the audio. That happens when you use a PAL game with the video mode set to NTSC. The Wii gets the instruction from the game to go to 50hz but that doesn't exist in NTSC so it just doesn't show anything. With Mario Sunshine (and a lot of other games) you can hold down the B button while the game is starting and a screen will pop up asking you if you want to change to 60hz mode (which does work with NTSC) and then you press the A button and it will switch (You won't be able to see this screen with your screen black so, basically, what I used to do with my imports like this was hold down B while pressing A repeatedly until an images appeared on the screen). With Mario Sunshine you'll hear a sound once the A button is pressed and then you'll start to see things again.

finaleshed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about it just playing the game in the drive is because I think NeoGamma stopped being updated and then DM(L) changed the format it uses to get settings from the the loader. With the settings in the wrong format DM(L) just assumes it's been run from the disk channel on the system menu and just runs the disk in the drive. To fix it you'd have to either go back to your previous version of DML or change to a backup loader that's still being updated and is compatible with newer versions of DM(L).

As for your problem with the screen being black but you still hearing the audio. That happens when you use a PAL game with the video mode set to NTSC. The Wii gets the instruction from the game to go to 50hz but that doesn't exist in NTSC so it just doesn't show anything. With Mario Sunshine (and a lot of other games) you can hold down the B button while the game is starting and a screen will pop up asking you if you want to change to 60hz mode (which does work with NTSC) and then you press the A button and it will switch (You won't be able to see this screen with your screen black so, basically, what I used to do with my imports like this was hold down B while pressing A repeatedly until an images appeared on the screen). With Mario Sunshine you'll hear a sound once the A button is pressed and then you'll start to see things again.

Ah makes sense, where would I get old revisions of DML? Or alternatively what could I used instead of NeoGamma?

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah makes sense, where would I get old revisions of DML? Or alternatively what could I used instead of NeoGamma?

I believe this will do the trick for you -----> http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/detail?id=1769#c3015 ..... You want the R1204 that has the link there. That is USB Loader GX which supports DIOS MIOS.

Can you let me know if that worked out for you? I believe its what im using right now and all is well with it. Also can you or someone please post me a link to the DM Toolbox .03 version as I need it for multi disc games? Please dont point me to the official google page for it as I ran out of download spots for it for now....i need a mediafire link or something of the sort. Thank you for anyone that can hit me up with it.

finaleshed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe this will do the trick for you -----> http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/detail?id=1769#c3015 ..... You want the R1204 that has the link there. That is USB Loader GX which supports DIOS MIOS.

Can you let me know if that worked out for you? I believe its what im using right now and all is well with it. Also can you or someone please post me a link to the DM Toolbox .03 version as I need it for multi disc games? Please dont point me to the official google page for it as I ran out of download spots for it for now....i need a mediafire link or something of the sort. Thank you for anyone that can hit me up with it.
This is for Dios Mios, I was under the impression that was for USB devices and not SD cards. Should I just drop Dios Mios Lite in favor of Dios Mios? My one USB stick is kind of full at the moment.

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its up to you. I personally just stay with DIOS MIOS just because I keep everything on my external. There is also a Dios Mios booter which can boot from both SD card and USB. You can hit a button and just have it switch between either. If im not mistaken you can use USB GX to boot from SD card if you set it in the custom paths option inside the loader but I could be wrong about that. Again stay with what you like or prefer but I personally dont use the Lite.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Your issue is with NeoGamma not DML, in fact I don't even think NeoGamma runs Dios Mios off USB at all, anyway I recommend getting DML Booter if you wanna keep NeoGamma for playing Wii games, DML Booter is by far the best and easiest booter to run Dios Mios, only problem is it doesn't run Wii games (and it doesn't have nice visual effects) an alternate booter is USB-Loader GX, make sure to get the latest .dol file not the channel because it hasn't been updated for a while and doesn't support the latest Dios Mios, I always use USB-Loader GX with no problems!

Edit: Forgot to mention, both DML Booter and USB-Loader GX run from either the hard drive or SD card, whichever you prefer!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

You don't need DM Toolbox .03 to run the two disc games, I still use the very old software "forgot what it's called but it was the one with CMD format" to convert my games and it worked just fine, in fact I don't even think you need to convert the iso at all for two disc support, just make sure to name it "disc2.iso" and put it in the same folder with "game.iso"!

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need DM Toolbox .03 to run the two disc games, I still use the very old software "forgot what it's called but it was the one with CMD format" to convert my games and it worked just fine, in fact I don't even think you need to convert the iso at all for two disc support, just make sure to name it "disc2.iso" and put it in the same folder with "game.iso"!

Ya I realized that an hour or so ago but i do thank you for the response to confirm it for me. I guess the biggest question I had was what to name the second file but .03 did it for me.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone knows how to start-up the game 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent"?

I only get a green screen.
I use the PAL edition of the game on a PAL WII with -of course - DIOS MIOS 2.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster