Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a portable one, cause my friend has the same drive but an external one (3,5", so with ac adapter) and it work well. But my girlfriend's one is a 2'5po , so everything in the wii works well, but not in the hard drive. I see your one has Wired Connectivity: USB 2.0, mine is 3.0, and i think it could be the problem.
Many 3.0 drives work fine. I don't know if probability-wise, 3.0 drives tend to be less likely to work.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
USB 3.0 is just something that's easily visible and easy to blame.
The problem lies in that if there's a USB 2.0 version and a 3.0 version of the "same" drive, obviously the USB circuitry IS different. Those differences can make it incompatible just like there can be a 2.0 drive that doesn't work and when they make a newer 3.0 version it actually fixes the compatibility.

A lot of times when I see people say "I have the exact same drive" I wonder if they're going off something more than the capacity and how it looks. Companies makes changes in their USB circuitry all the time be it to save money or to fix existing problems. Any of these changes could improve or break compatibility for DM and the outside shell would likely look the same in the newer version with the same capacity.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
why my gc controller does't work with dm usb, ithought it's broken but i try with brawl works perfectly?
I haven't seen this problem reported for a while.
If it's the same problem, for some reason only Luigi's Mansion will work with the controller properly. All other games don't respond.

The solution seems to be running a retail game through the disk channel or at least through a loader from a real, retail disk, and once you run a game from USB again it'll start working again.

See if that helps.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why my gc controller does't work with dm usb, ithought it's broken but i try with brawl works perfectly?
I haven't seen this problem reported for a while.
If it's the same problem, for some reason only Luigi's Mansion will work with the controller properly. All other games don't respond.

The solution seems to be running a retail game through the disk channel or at least through a loader from a real, retail disk, and once you run a game from USB again it'll start working again.

See if that helps.
yesss,only with luigi mansion it's works
sadly i do not own any gc retail disk,do u have another suggestions
is it possible with wii retail disk

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
1st suggestion ... borrow one. :wink:

If that's not available I'd just have to give a stab in the dark about what is actually causing it because no one's really sure.
If it's because the system lacks some initial setting made by the system menu because a retail GC game has never been played, this tool is used to set some GC settings in memory so it might create those if they're missing ...
http://wiibrew.org/w...nguage_Modifier
... That's my first stab in the dark.

I'll keep thinking to see if I can come up with anything else.

EDIT : You could try installing a cMIOS (get it from ModMii) and burn the game to a DVD-R disk and run it through the disk channel with THAT and then re-install DM and see if it then works from USB after that.

(If any of these suggestions DO help you, please report back. I'm sure there's other's that would be benefited as well.)

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st suggestion ... borrow one. :wink:

If that's not available I'd just have to give a stab in the dark about what is actually causing it because no one's really sure.
If it's because the system lacks some initial setting made by the system menu because a retail GC game has never been played, this tool is used to set some GC settings in memory so it might create those if they're missing ...
http://wiibrew.org/w...nguage_Modifier
... That's my first stab in the dark.

I'll keep thinking to see if I can come up with anything else.

EDIT : You could try installing a cMIOS (get it from ModMii) and burn the game to a DVD-R disk and run it through the disk channel with THAT and then re-install DM and see if it then works from USB after that.

(If any of these suggestions DO help you, please report back. I'm sure there's other's that would be benefited as well.)
so i put in gc backup to my wii and now it's works
thank you very much man

Reactions: 1 person

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I cant get dios Mios lite to work, it gets stuck in the apploader screen. Any good tutorial?

EdIt; nvm, unistalled and updated the wad and now it works wonders :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I cant get dios Mios lite to work, it gets stuck in the apploader screen. Any good tutorial?
Tutorial:
http://gbatemp.net/t...dios-mios-lite/
Depending on if it get's stuck with an error (and what that error says) or just gets stuck that could be a number of things.
If it's because of an incompatible SD card, here's what a WAD builder for the version with the best SD compatibility
http://www.mediafire...qk17b9hubiki4v7
If putting a retail GC disk in removed the error but it boots the disk and not from USB, you need to change you boot method in your loader. (The LATEST betas from GX and CFG auto-detect that, though.)

If it works fine with other games you might have a bad dump.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
check the google code page, go to the download page and see if there's an update (there isn't).
when you download a file, the link change color in your browser so you can see if there's any new release (as long as you keep your browser's cache and history).

latest update are from September 16th:
DMToolbox - A GUI tool to install your games to a SD/USB device (updated to 0.1a on September 19th?)
gci2nmm - Savefile converter

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And a simple "no" is enough!

some people do not know that DM is on google code page, since they got it otherwhere...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I prefer explaining things to users so that they learn and can do it by themselves later instead of always relying on others.
If I just post "no", everyone can ask again 5min later : an now, any news? "no", and today ? "no" and again anything new? "still no".
Just check yourself, it prevent single word post.

And I even posted the progress and new downloads after taking the time to check everything for him, I didn't tell "do it yourself" only.

Some people would have said "no", I'm not "some people".
I take the time to explain things.

Reactions: 7 people

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your led TV stretch the pictures and the characters in games looks "fat and short".

The Widescreen patch prevent that effect by adding more data to the video buffer, so instead of having the same picture but stretched you have more picture's element on screen (and less details) still stretched but not visually deformed. (same amount of pixels, but with more element on screen = less details)

Not all games display correctly with this patch, as the part "out of the screen" are not meant to be displayed. this is the place where the game start pre-loading graphics.
Some games have it correctly and fully displayed, other games you will see elements added/removed in realtime.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your led TV stretch the pictures and the characters in games looks "fat and short".

The Widescreen patch prevent that effect by adding more data to the video buffer, so instead of having the same picture but stretched you have more picture's element on screen (and less details) still stretched but not visually deformed. (same amount of pixels, but with more element on screen = less details)

Not all games display correctly with this patch, as the part "out of the screen" are not meant to be displayed. this is the place where the game start pre-loading graphics.
Some games have it correctly and fully displayed, other games you will see elements added/removed in realtime.
I looked at it once with a couple of games and the characters still looked stretched to me. I think I tried it with Super Mario Sunshine. Are you aware of some specific games for which this works well?

On the other hand, the progressive patch seems to work quite well on games that did not originally supported 480p, at least on the ones I have (there is no point in using this feature on games with native 480p support).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mQnp4H0fk