Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well idk about NMM, like I said I already have 3 memory cards, but the save file used in DM/DML CAN in fact be used for Dolphin and vice versa, I been abusing this feature ever since the old elf method for DML!

Say what? How did you get the raw files into a Dolphin memory card from NMM? There aren't any converters.

I didn't say NMM, I said I'm using a memory card and when I create save files there I can easily transfer from/to the SD and use them in Dolphin if I want, that's how I got a complete save file for Billy Hatcher btw, I was too lazy to collect all the coins so I used a save file from Dolphin to transfer it using Daco-Taco and it works like a charm on DM/DML!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
v2.2 adds code to prevent drives going into sleep mode.
A lot of users will be happy ;)

It also fix the version number/detection, so GX will not work until I update it.
I'm working on it right now.

Can I make a suggestion here?
If possible of course, could we have the version number accessible somewhere in the binary so loaders can use it to choose which config to use?
Thank you :)

edit: I know the main purpose is to always use the last version and not go back, but having a detection could be useful for users not updating both the loader and DM at the same time, so we can display an alert.

redankhofset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed DIOS MIOS 2.2 but when I try to play Super Mario Sunshine (or any game for that matter) it gives me this error message: "Fatal error apploader size is zero!" I never had this problem before. My last version prior to 2.2 was an early incarnation of 2.0. Am I missing something?

EDIT: So I inserted SSBM in the disc slot to prevent the error from happening again (I previously used a DVD, or even nothing), but when I pick any Gamecube game from the USB, it opens the game that's in the disc slot, which is SSBM.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just thought I'd make up a short list off the top of my head of things DM can't (yet) do or bug's people have reported. Some ideas are more wishful than others but I've included them anyway.
("Things that it would be nice if they were better", as a summary.)

- Perfect NMM
- Forced widescreen
- Hard drive spindown (ping the drive to avoid it)
- 2 disk games
- Audio streaming
- Real disk cheats
- Real disk NMM
- GC homebrew (for now, just run the Swiss disk image)
- DVD-R compatibility
- USB loading AND loading from SD
- Controller locking up (only Luigi's Mansion works) until running a game through the disk channel (one person says that didn't work either) I might add that on other threads people have reported this even with original controllers.
- DM always loading the disk in the drive (getting apploader size zero when it's a Wii disk in the drive.)

The last two could be some sort of setup problem since it only effects a small number of people but I'm at a loss figuring out what to tell people that they did wrong.
It would also be nice if someone made an app that would convert BOTH ways for NMM save files so they could be interchanged with real mem cards, but that's not

I'm sure I've missed lots of stuff but you're all welcome to pipe in with whatever you want.
I guess I have to update my list again :P

EDIT : If I'm right, this was PREVIOUSLY user error, just setting something wrong in the loader telling it to use "old boot method", "r51-", "r52+=no" or something like on anything after DML v1.5 (including DM) which made DM(L) just think it was booting from the disk channel.
Now, though, it looks like it's also GX misinterpreting the version number and doing something similar automatically with v2.2.

R2-D2199

Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If possible of course, could we have the version number accessible somewhere in the binary so loaders can use it to choose which config to use?

edit: I know the main purpose is to always use the last version and not go back, but having a detection could be useful for users not updating both the loader and DM at the same time, so we can display an alert.

On real nand this could be used: http://gbatemp.net/topic/294549-cios-installer-future/

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
v2.2 adds code to prevent drives going into sleep mode.
A lot of users will be happy ;)

It also fix the version number/detection, so GX will not work until I update it.
I'm working on it right now.

This is great news indeed, can't wait for the update for GX as it's my all-time favorite loader, I believe you're already aware of this bug though but I'll report it again just in case, when you run a disk 2 game and have the disk 1 iso in the USB/SD it automatically loads disk 1 instead!

If I can make a suggestion man, could you add an option in GX to allow you choose a particular .dol file from a GC iso in DM, or is it impossible to do? I really think it can help some games!

One last thing and sorry for bothering but I kinda have a question, with the new version of GX since it will change the config should we delete the config file in GX and start all over or can we just keep the old one and it'll work? Cause I have changed the settings for certain games and I'm too lazy to go over all my games again to change each one and test it, if that makes any sense, sorry for my bad English, thank you!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You mean launching from Disc boot the iso instead? it should boot the disc, even if they both have the same GameID.

You don't need to delete the config files each time you update it.
If the config need a reset, GX does it automatically but it's exceptional.
Though, I did change the ProgPatch config name between 1193mod2 and the next revision, sorry about that.
Let's talk about GX bugs in its main topic instead of here :)

The-Lion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PAL Def Jam Fight for New York doesn't work for me. Tried DM 2.0.5 and 2.1, it just green screens, Luigi's Mansion works perfectly. I tried my own dump and the 'Def_Jam_Fight_For_NY_PAL_MULTi2_NGC-SUNSHiNE' scene release.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean launching from Disc boot the iso instead? it should boot the disc, even if they both have the same GameID.

You don't need to delete the config files each time you update it.
If the config need a reset, GX does it automatically but it's exceptional.
Though, I did change the ProgPatch config name between 1193mod2 and the next revision, sorry about that.
Let's talk about GX bugs in its main topic instead of here :)

No I mean like in Sonic Gems Collection, the issue with the game is that the first 3 games, Sonic The Fighters, Sonic R and Sonic CD, which are .dol files, when you select any of those games you get a black screen unless you have a disk inserted, I'd like to not use a disk anymore, like how in House Of The Dead 2 and 3 Returns you can boot the .dol file automatically and start right from HOTD2 or HOTD3, is this possible for GC too?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems my Seagate HDD resists every attempt to control its power-saving mode, as I tested version 2.2 with the Four Swords Adventures intro, (which usually errors or black screens at the end if I set my Hard Drive to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity), and I still got a black screen after the intro. And yet I've noticed that if I change the sleep interval, I have a harder time attempting to run Dios Mios

superceleron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here some more tests some was made yesterday with 2.1 and some today with 2.2.

Pool Paradise - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b5 - Hangs on 2.0b4/2.1
Spartan Total Warrior - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b2/2.2
Spiderman: The Movie - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b4/2.2 - Needs disk in the drive, on 2.2 dont need disk on the drive but its too slow and it hangs on the menu but works ok with the disk in the drive
Star Wars Bounty Hunter - Pal - Issues - 2.0b4/b5 - Random Hangs, on 2.2 hard crash with a loud sound
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader - Pal - Work - 2.0b2/b4/b5/2.2 - Needs Forced Interlace On 2.0b4/b5
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike - Pal - Work - 2.0b2/b4/2.2
STARFOX ASSAULT - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b4/2.1
Sx Superstar - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b2/b4/2.1
Terminator 3: The Redemption - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b2/b4 - Hangs on memory save/read on 2.2
The Incredible Hulk -Ultimate Destruction - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b4/2.2
The Sum Of All Fears - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b2/b4 - Hangs On Licenced By Nintendo on 2.2
TMNT - Ntsc - Dont Work - 2.2 - green screen
Ultimate Spider-Man - Pal - Work - 2.0b4 - Blackscreen on 2.2
Wallace & Gromit In Project Zoo - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b2/b4/2.1
X-Men - The Official Game - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b4/2.2 - have some issues on 2.0b4
X-Men Legends 2 - Rise of Apocalypse - Ntsc - Dont work - 2.0b4/b5/2.2 - BlackScreen
X-Men3 Next Dimension - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b5/2.2

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Just excitedly installed 2.2 as I have been having issues with my drive falling asleep and now all I get is green screens. I have tried all the popular loaders I have installed and turned off video mode forceing and still green screens. Not sure why as 2.0 R5 was working great for me apart from the drive sleeping.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Spiderman: The Movie - Ntsc - Work - 2.0b4/2.2 - Needs disk in the drive, on 2.2 dont need disk on the drive but its too slow and it hangs on the menu but works ok with the disk in the drive

Glad this game is being worked on at least, I shall upgrade to 2.2 but I'm waiting for the new USB Loader!

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
on 2.2 i just keep getting the app loader error over and over anyone else have this problem? wasnt getting it on 2.1. THANKS for the HD fix tho just cant take advantage of it just yet cause nothin runs :(

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on 2.2 i just keep getting the app loader error over and over anyone else have this problem? wasnt getting it on 2.1. THANKS for the HD fix tho just cant take advantage of it just yet cause nothin runs :(

Your loader needs to be updated , test with Fix 94 booter Rev 28 until your loader gets updated. u must set it to the new version in the options

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I installed 2.2 and all I get is "fatal error, apploader size is zero!" with all my games.
Out of curiosity, do you have a Wii game, a GC game or nothing in the drive? There was a bug only effecting SOME people in previous version where it would give that error with a Wii game and it with a GC game it would just load the retail disk despite being told to load from USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're gonna love it when they stop supporting win10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I saw the announcement.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's all just junk to me, i just wanna use my pc in peace, not to be told shit by some AI
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They said that they will also discontinue support for Windows 7, of which I thought they'd already done so.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get use to Linux then
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state