Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test with 2.2 all my games working perfect so far , except Midway Arcade treasures 3 is still going to a Black screen only , no sound.:( , last working version of DM that worked for me with this game was 2.0 update 4 .

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on 2.2 i just keep getting the app loader error over and over anyone else have this problem? wasnt getting it on 2.1. THANKS for the HD fix tho just cant take advantage of it just yet cause nothin runs :(
I installed 2.2 and all I get is "fatal error, apploader size is zero!" with all my games.
Out of curiosity, do you have a Wii game, a GC game or nothing in the drive? There was a bug only effecting SOME people in previous version where it would give that error with a Wii game and it with a GC game it would just load the retail disk despite being told to load from USB.

This is exactly what is happening to me now. Wasn't happening in DM 2.1 or 2.0.5.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have nothing in my drive, however Dios Mios Booter worked so nevermind, I'll wait for Cyan to update GX
thats what im trying to use right now but none of my gc games seem to show up in Dios mios booter

*EDIT* never mind figured it out had a custom path for gx tats why dm booter didnt see my games...now to see if my hd doesnt fall asleep playing mario sunshine :)

redankhofset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tested Super Mario Sunshine on DM 2.2. I waited 15 minutes in a level before getting a shine, and...it works! No more spindown for me. Thanks to whoever was responsible for this to happen!

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have nothing in my drive, however Dios Mios Booter worked so nevermind, I'll wait for Cyan to update GX
thats what im trying to use right now but none of my gc games seem to show up in Dios mios booter

*EDIT* never mind figured it out had a custom path for gx tats why dm booter didnt see my games...now to see if my hd doesnt fall asleep playing mario sunshine :)
Okay, could this mean people having this error before might not have actually had their games in the /games/ folder but some other custom path?
EDIT : Wait ... nevermind.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Press the (-) button to change drives from SD to usb , then press the B button and change boot method to dm 2.1+, then press B button again and play your games

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok using Dios Mios Booter ive let mario sunshine sit there for about 20 min and NO HD SLEEP. I just want to thank crediar and anyone else who had something to do with this. What a beautiful program we have here audio streaming and disc changing issues to the side we are privileged to have such homebrew

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone else having trouble with the DM booter forwarder not seeing gamecube games on usb? i mean if i launch DM booter from HBC it works fine and sees the gamecube games but if i launch the forwarder from inside gx it doesnt.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone else having trouble with the DM booter forwarder not seeing gamecube games on usb? i mean if i launch DM booter from HBC it works fine and sees the gamecube games but if i launch the forwarder from inside gx it doesnt.

Not just you. Having same problem here.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

good to know. also luigis mansion just freezes at the nintendo logo with dm 2.2 :(

Reactions: 1 person

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds like you have a channel installed not a forwarder.. start it from your forwarder and make sure it is revision 28, then check if it looking at your SD card or USB press the (-) button to change it .

nightwalker320

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have followed fix94 tutorial on how to set up the wii and the hard drive for dios mios. Pikmin boots up and when I get to the part were you first get the red pikmins the screen goes black you can still hear the song but the wii does a strange noise in the drive and you have to shut it off. I have installed the latest dios mios (2.2) using the dios mios booter (38) and my hard drive is the first active and formatted to fat32 32 cluster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to add I have an wiikey on my wii. The first wiikey with version 1.9s. Dont know if thats what causing the problems.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

Sounds like you have a channel installed not a forwarder.. start it from your forwarder and make sure it is revision 28, then check if it looking at your SD card or USB press the (-) button to change it .

I am starting it from the forwarder and still not working.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok, it just clicked for me (assuming I'm not just completely wrong here) the issue is that in v2.2 Crediar upped the config version.

- Before DML r52 there wasn't a version (reported config version 0 I'm guessing) since they used a boot.bin file to pass settings (in DM(L) Booter this is the "old" boot method setting.
- After that and right up to DM v2.0 there was config version version 1 which was passed from the loader in RAM and not in a boot.bin file. (This was DM(L) Booter's "new" boot method setting.)
- in DML v1.5 boot.bin booting was removed but from r52 until v1.4b they could accept either config v0 (old) or config v1 (new). After it was removed, for DML v1.5 and up (including DM), if you tried to use the "old" boot.bin method, it would just not see any "new" config in the RAM, assume it's being run from the disk channel and boot the retail disk in the drive. If that disk happened to be a Wii game it would get confused and report the "apploader size 0" error.
- 2.1 changed the config format since it swapped the NoDisk setting for the Widescreen setting (config v2) but it was still reporting config v1 to the loader. The only problem that caused was that it confused the NoDisk setting which it would have ignored previously as a Widescreen setting. No big deal.
- 2.2 actually now correctly reports config v2 to the loader and the loader doesn't know what to do with it so the loader is going back to the old boot.bin file method. Dm v2.2 then just sees that there is NO configuration in the RAM so again assumes it was the Disk Channel that loaded it and tries to load the disk resulting in the same errors as before.

If everyone else had already figured this out, that's okay. I'm just kinda slow sometimes. One way or the other, I think some that don't actually try and detect the version will still work just with the little NoDisk/Widescreen mixup. I'm assuming GX is the one that actually tried detecting the correct version and failed since WiiFlow, DML Booter and CFG (to my knowledge, I may be wrong, though) had a setting telling it which one to use.

EDIT : Actually, I just realized that the loader has to tell DM(L) which config version it's trying to use. It's DM that's actually realizing that it's being given an incorrect config type and deciding to just boot the disk instead. The only reason v2.1 still worked when the loaders told it they were giving it a v1 config is because Crediar forgot to update the config version number in v2.1 so DM was just accepting the v1 config and then trying to interpret it as a v2 config (which then resulted in the NoDisk/Widescreen mixup.)

I hope whenever a v3 config is developed, that this is all ironed out by then.

Reactions: 2 people

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DM 2.2 works for me where DM 2.1 wouldnt boot a game from usb or disc.

Disc loading is fixed again in DM 2.2 but Luigis Mansion still freezes at the nintendo logo

Also the first game i tried to boot with DM 2.2 was smash bros melee and it gave me a message saying there was no game save on my memory card in slot A.
I thought maybe this was a DM bug. I went into the wii settings and confirmed the game save was there and in the settings menu it never told me my card was corrupt or anything.
I installed previous versions of DM after that and still got the same message so i reinstalled 2.2 and then let the game create a new save.Exited the game and checked in the wii settings and sure enough
there was now 2 different game saves for smash bros melee.I deleted the one it just made and left my original and started the game again and it still would not see the save file.
I then went back into wii settings and deleted that game save and then went back into HBC and used a homebrew app to copy the game save from the sd card back to the GC memory card.
Afterwards melee saw the save file just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess