Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry to ask. I use GameCubeISOcompress-v0.2-win32 to compress Ultimate muscle (U) and Ziod Battle Legends (U) but both fail (no game folder generated). So

where do I put the game file with GCM extension on my hdd. I'm using Dios-Mios btw. Can I rename the gcm file?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask. I use GameCubeISOcompress-v0.2-win32 to compress Ultimate muscle (U) and Ziod Battle Legends (U) but both fail (no game folder generated). So

where do I put the game file with GCM extension on my hdd. I'm using Dios-Mios btw. Can I rename the gcm file?

use discex to convert the gmc

Reactions: 1 person

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..... either I don't fully understand how this audio streaming thing works, or my wii is made of unicorn blood. Currently using update 3c and getting audio in Starfox Adventure, no voices but audio works fine, as does subtitles. Eternal Darkness is working fine too, the intro logo's lagged a bit, but everything else is fine. Games ripped from my retail discs, NTSC on NTSC wii. In game soft reset (not DM soft reset, but the actual soft reset built into the game) results in a black screen, however.

Out of SHEER curiosity, I'm ripping my retail copy of PSO III. Not expecting a damn thing, but might as well give it a shot :P. Updates to follow

Edit: DAG. first attempt turned the wii off (this generally happens the first time I try to launch a GC game, dunno if anyone else has experienced this), tried two more times and got a splash screen and instant black screen. Oh well, that was to be expected. Unfortunately I don't own any other "problematic" games, so I can't really do any further testing. But I will try backups of some other Audio Streaming issue games when I get a chance.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

on your Hdd, make a folder called games that is where they need to be. Then the game id folder, then the iso

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried out Starfox Adventure, and I can readily note a lot of the audio/sound effects/voices are missing. The "Test of Fear" trial was tons easier (and faster) thanks to that. :) Also, the game just sounds generally less annoying--although too bad there's no code to entirely skip the whole "ta da, you just found a semi-important item" thing, but the lack of audio really helps. Really, it's very much night and day on the annoyance factor.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure what fixed it (suspect Wiiflow considering DM booter worked), but using DM v2rev4 with Wiiflow r520 some games seem to be working ok now, on my WD My Passport 1TB usb2.
Did get one of those apploader errors once loading Paper Mario, but seemed to work the next time I tried. Good stuff.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't want to work on my 2.5tb drive.
Fat32
32k cluster size.
http://www.amazon.co...rnal+hard+drive
Tried WiiFlow and DM(L) Booter. No dice :(

It lists all the games.
The screen will go black, my drive will start blinking slowly (this means its asleep, happens when a computer goes into sleep mode), then it will start blinking fast (reading / writing) like it is trying to play the game, but then it just goes to a solid light (idle) just sitting at a black screen.
I really need to buy a normal 2tb drive.

Oh yea also not sure if there is an obvious fix for this but....
DML Uses port0 while every other Wii app such as usb loaders, vbagx, wii64, wiisx, etc. all use port1.
So is there any way to make DML use port1 or vice versa?

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32
32k cluster size.

It lists all the games.
The screen will go black, my drive will start blinking slowly (this means its asleep, happens when a computer goes into sleep mode), then it will start blinking fast (reading / writing) like it is trying to play the game, but then it just goes to a solid light (idle) just sitting at a black screen.

DML Uses port0 while every other Wii app such as usb loaders, vbagx, wii64, wiisx, etc. all use port1.

You should try a partition manager program like easeus and check if your hdd is set to primary or logical, i set mine to primary and it finally worked.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32
32k cluster size.

It lists all the games.

You should try a partition manager program like easeus and check if your hdd is set to primary or logical, i set mine to primary and it finally worked.
Sorry I should have mentioned that as well but I forgot.
It is set to primary and marked as active.
Thanks for trying though.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It does not work with swiss at all.
Audio Streaming doesn't work with Swiss?

Tell me again how I'm using audio streaming with Swiss to play Star Fox Adventures, then... Seing as how for some reason the subtitles are tied into audio streaming, and audio streaming has to work for the subtitles to show up when they're supposed to
And lets not forget the fact that music and voices wont work at all on Star Fox Adventures without working audio streaming. I can hear music and voices perfect with Swiss. When I played SFA on DM/DML, all I got was silence, with mis-timed subtitles.
I don't know what you're smoking but unless you're using the original disc or backup disc with a modchip that supports it, audio streaming does not work. Why would emu_kidid have asked me how to support it if it already worked...

Reactions: 5 people

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't know what you're smoking but unless you're using the original disc or backup disc with a modchip that supports it, audio streaming does not work. Why would emu_kidid have asked me how to support it if it already worked...

This is correct, AFAIK. And only a few modchips support it properly.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

go to a used game store or ebay and buy the game instead of downloading it, then rip it yourself :D

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not work with swiss at all.
Audio Streaming doesn't work with Swiss?

Tell me again how I'm using audio streaming with Swiss to play Star Fox Adventures, then... Seing as how for some reason the subtitles are tied into audio streaming, and audio streaming has to work for the subtitles to show up when they're supposed to
And lets not forget the fact that music and voices wont work at all on Star Fox Adventures without working audio streaming. I can hear music and voices perfect with Swiss. When I played SFA on DM/DML, all I got was silence, with mis-timed subtitles.

Dude, I am playing it right now, and I am using Swiss, with a WiiKey WiiSD, and I am getting music, sound, and voice, which, would not work without audio streaming. I am smoking nothing atm, (trust me, though... i really wish I was). I am jst givin my feedback on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, and hearing with my own two ears.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude, I am playing it right now, and I am using Swiss, with a WiiKey WiiSD, and I am getting music, sound, and voice, which, would not work without audio streaming. I am smoking nothing atm, (trust me, though... i really wish I was). I am jst givin my feedback on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, and hearing with my own two ears.
You are missing all the voice acting from the cut scenes as well as various other sound effects. Perhaps you don't realize because you haven't played the original? Play Crazy Taxi or WaveRace and see if you get any music if you're so sure it works.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never cared for the audio streaming issue.
None of the games I play have that problem so its whatever.
I love all the star fox games, except adventures. However I would like to see where this conversation turns out. Swiss, audio streaming.

Are you sure you aren't loading from the disc?

You are missing all the voice acting from the cut scenes as well as various other sound effects. Perhaps you don't realize because you haven't played the original? Play Crazy Taxi or WaveRace and see if you get any music if you're so sure it works.
If this turned out to be his case, thats teh epic lulz from a true pirate lol.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Which Swiss rev are you using? Last time I used my Wiikey WiiSD with Swiss 0.2 - revision 124 I'm sure Wave Race Blue Storm did not played audio streaming music during races..

Sorry about the Off topic, but I can confirm that there's no audio streaming with newest DIOS MIOS update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a massive clue