Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems i've run into a roadblock here. Every time i boot the game my Wii restarts on me. Here are some settings:

Running Dios Mios Lite
Configurable USB Loader v70r35
Sandisk 2GB SD Card formatted to FAT32 64k
Luigi's Mansion iso format scrubbed (all files are in the proper areas, it just refuses to boot)
DML Version: DM
Real Nand

What i've installed based on the information in this thread:
DIOS MIOS Lite v1.5.wad
RVL-mios-v10.wad
RVL-bc-v6.wad

What am i doing wrong? Do i need something else? I've also tried Inserting a retail copy gamecube game and the same result happens.

32k cluster size is the max. Can't be any higher then that.

64k cluster size is the max for sd-cards.

If you install the wads in the order you list them then that would be the problem. RVL mios will overwrite dml in that case.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow, after installing r506, will not boot wii games anymore, only gamecube. might as well use dm booter if wiiflows updates are going to make playing wii games unrealistic...​
funny, gaiaknight, you're so much a part of the wiiflow team that you didn't even know they were making modifications for mios dios...​
i want to thank you for all of your hard work, LOLOLOLOL...​
one more thing, so NO OTHER control schemes will be coded into mios dios v2?​

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I´m sorry for asking this, maybe it was already answered.
Two simple questions:
Is it possible to play GC games without touching the iso files?
How can I configure my cfg usb loader to download my gc cover files?

Thank you and sorry for these nooby questions.

AleX_XelA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the trouble on my Wii is that DIOS MIOS tries to boot from the optical drive. When there is no CD in the tray, it gives me a nasty looking unreadable error, if a CD is in the tray I can hear it spin and after 5 seconds I get the fatal error apploader size is zero.
I am using USB Loader GX, and DIOS MIOS v2 beta 2. I am guessing this issue will be fixed in the near future.

mj0ln3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cfg usb loader mod detects converted games on hdd, but before loading it takes several minutes and does something. 'Booting Wii game' Sometimes it goes to 99,99% and freezes...
I'm pretty sure you are using "old" cfg loader that transfers to SD card first. There is a new version in the cfg loader thread.

Code:
Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo

Anyone know this button combination?

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems i've run into a roadblock here. Every time i boot the game my Wii restarts on me. Here are some settings:

Running Dios Mios Lite
Configurable USB Loader v70r35
Sandisk 2GB SD Card formatted to FAT32 64k
Luigi's Mansion iso format scrubbed (all files are in the proper areas, it just refuses to boot)
DML Version: DM
Real Nand

What i've installed based on the information in this thread:
DIOS MIOS Lite v1.5.wad
RVL-mios-v10.wad
RVL-bc-v6.wad

What am i doing wrong? Do i need something else? I've also tried Inserting a retail copy gamecube game and the same result happens.

32k cluster size is the max. Can't be any higher then that.

64k cluster size is the max for sd-cards.

If you install the wads in the order you list them then that would be the problem. RVL mios will overwrite dml in that case.

Guess what? You're awesome. Game works great with no problems now. I have a another question for anyone who can anwser. It seems when the game loads in any form the Wii drive flashes, is this normal by chance?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiFlow doesn't recognize any game, what am I doing wrong?
Good question, the search is exactly the same. You may just make sure if your partition is set to the correct one and if you reloaded cache (press home to enter the home menu and select reload cache there)

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, didn't know if it would be implemented later.​
i have controllers that plug into the gamecube ports that are not gamecube contollers, but cheap knock-off original Classic Contollers.​
it's these kinds of things i am wondering about, controllers that already use the gamecube ports...​

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DM will never try to boot from your optical drive, its not a program that does that.
Is your setup correct?
Are your GC games in the correct format?
More than likely operator error.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Code:
Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo

Anyone know this button combination?

L+R+Z+start

Question: Was GC N64 loading any better using injects than the current build of wii64? I found an old disk backed up when I was in the first year of university from 2001, called "N64 ROM PACK" is contains PSO loaders, Phoenix loader, starcube streamer and the rom pack with a SHIT TONNE of N64 roms.

Reactions: 1 person

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean force interlaced video? I'm using the component cable and progressive scan mode so that's not really a fix. Going to stick with rev1 until future revisions, it's working beautifully.
Uhm r1 doesnt even have progressive patch so its 100% stupid what you say there :P

What do you mean? I'm selecting progressive scan mode after the game boots.

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? I'm selecting progressive scan mode after the game boots.
Yea, thats the game internal setting, I talk about the games which doesnt have it. Oh and force interlace only mean the game is booted in interlaced mode and then just asks again for progressive mode if thats the game internal progressive mode.

Yes most of the games I've been using have the internal progressive scan mode but I've booted Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Mega Collection (US NTSC versions that don't have internal progressive scan mode) with forced NTSC 480p in usb loader gx and this seems to be working fine.

So if we boot a game and force interlaced video, the game internal progressive mode can still switch back to progressive scan?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes most of the games I've been using have the internal progressive scan mode but I've booted Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Mega Collection with forced NTSC 480p in usb loader gx and this seems to be working fine.
If the games havent got a internal progressive mode then this setting was useless :P
So if we boot a game and force interlaced video, the game internal progressive mode can still switch back to progressive scan?
Exactly.

Fgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes most of the games I've been using have the internal progressive scan mode but I've booted Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Mega Collection with forced NTSC 480p in usb loader gx and this seems to be working fine.
If the games havent got a internal progressive mode then this setting was useless :P

Ah I didn't know that, so this is something that needs to be added to DM for it to work? Was it present in DML? (Guessing it was with the compatibility lists that are around)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow doesn't recognize any game, what am I doing wrong?
Good question, the search is exactly the same. You may just make sure if your partition is set to the correct one and if you reloaded cache (press home to enter the home menu and select reload cache there)
thanks for the answer FIX!
I did that, but nothing show up. Then I realized that WiiFlow recognize the games if I move them to the folder "isos" instead of "games", but It gives me a dsi error when I try to launch them.

btw... why is this not front paged?
I tried to make one, but I didn't have any idea what to write except a very short sentence "Crediar has released DIOS MIOS. You can know play your Gamecube backup from USB". That's not too short? I'm not a good news redactor :(
I'll ask other staff to write one :P

hey, that works for me! :lol: no need to add any more words... simple and to the point.
round here we say "cortita y al pie" ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended