1. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Catgirl Expert

United States
    i can confirm that a clean rip (iso not ran through diskex or gcrexe) of Kirby Air Ride is working via Cyan's USB loader GX beta r1191 no glitches whatsoever. ran with the original release of Dios Mios. on a 4gb Sandisk Curzer formatted to FAT32 with 32k clusters.

2. Geren

Geren GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    What's the best format to use in this? I'm currently using DiscEX without problems, but I would like to know what the rest of poeple are using :)

3. AngryGreek766

AngryGreek766 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ur right kirbys air ride does work just as a straight iso..hmm does this work for many other games? do we still need to compress gamess with discex or the other format?

4. DaFees

DaFees GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Apologies if search has failed, but as someone new to this I have a couple quick questions.

I have a working uneek+di (no DML) setup, so what do I need to install to get DM to work?

I prefer to use PostLoader and CFG USBLoader for everything so once DM is installed how would I launch games.

Also, what do I need to do with my games? I have them stored as .ISOs and long ago before all this DM(L) mess and DiscEX I shrunk them all with GCMUtility. So will I need to re-rip them all or can this DiscEX program be of use to me?

Again, forgive me if search has failed me but I could find no read me for DM.

EDIT - Also, does this work with real Gamecube memory cards or must we exclusively use NMM?

5. Excelsiior

Excelsiior GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    That won't help anything. It's not the hdd that's unsupported, but the USB Controller.

Form example I got a CN-Memory branded drive, but a Samsung hdd is inside.

The Controller from cn-Memory is compatible, but if I use my other case it wont work, as theres another Controller inside.

Also there might bei different Controllers in different charges (oder and newer revisions) of the same modell.

6. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Catgirl Expert

United States
    man. -_- EaseUS Partition Manager Crashed My PC and now i have a 264gb partition with 545gb of data on it. and easus now says thats just umallocated memory. :/i hope my wii games are safe. all this because of the stupid 32k cluster rule :[

7. Geren

Geren GBAtemp Regular

Spain

8. greenchili

greenchili Member
    Newcomer

United States
    After installing the 2.0 DIOS MIOS I am unable to run anything from my SD card at all. The ran/run great under DML 1.5.

The list shows fine in the DML booter.

As for 2.0 off USB.. I've only tried one game so far (Animal Crossing) and it worked great.
    Currently loading more stuff onto my USB HD.

9. DaFees

DaFees GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @[member='Geren']; That guide you linked to by FIX94 was exactly the help I was looking for. Pretty much answers all my questions. Thanks.

10. deishido

deishido Texture Modder

United States
    Wy wii has no disk drive (It can no-longer read any games of any kind)

Would there be any way to continue playing my gamecube games on it? I have attempted DML but it required having a wii game or a GC game in the drive. Since my wii can't read disks anymore it failed.

11. Crimsonclaw111

Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Dios Mios only allows USB loading. DML only allows SD.

I do believe that the drive only requires the disc to spin, not read. And there is a no disc start, just so you know. Try it with a disc inserted, assuming your drive still spins. As far as I know it doesn't even need to be a Wii/GC game, but I'm not sure on that.

1 person likes this.
  12. dancemonkey

dancemonkey GBAtemp Regular

http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/GameIssues

Kirby is already marked as an issue if you compress. Always has

13. RiPPn

RiPPn Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone know where I can get update 1, or the original 2.0 release? I was using the original with no issue, updated to update 2 and now geting the console shutting off on load, green bar on sunshine, and system hanging on in game reset. Thanks!

14. greenchili

greenchili Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks.. I guess that shoulda been obvious to me.. doh!

15. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    well, I finally tested DIOS MIOS. Surprisingly, it works perfect with my slow WD MyBook Essential 1TB (it has a Caviar Green inside, which sucks). No lag at all during gameplay and even plays the CG videos smoothly! great job Crediar! :bow:

I tested the followings games (uncompressed ISOS):
    The Legend Of Zelda - Wind Waker (both U and E) (NMM works)
    The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess (U) (NMM works)
    Ikaruga (U) (NMM works) (No streaming audio)
    Fire Emblem - Path Of Radiance (U) (NMM doesn't work)
    Pokemon Box (E) (black screen after frequency rate selection)

btw... Im using Dios-Mios booter (works perfectly), but I was wondering if I can use WiiFlow r506.
    I have my "games" folder on the root of my FAT32 partition, and each game file ("game.iso") in separate folders (with only the name, not the game ID)

WiiFlow doesn't recognize any game, what am I doing wrong?

16. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

United States
    Hi, before old loaders required the disc to be read, now they dont need to be read, they just need to be present. Also, there's the no-disc patch that may work too

And which is it ? do you have NO disc drive or does it just not work lol

17. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    im using it with uneek+di .. the game shows up on the disc channel, now do i boot it through that or the boot NMM option in the sneek menu since i want ot use NMM ?

18. deishido

deishido Texture Modder

United States

My disk drive still functions but it doesnt read games anymore. And there's a no-disk patch? I'll have to look for that tomorrow when I have more time to do so. Thanks!

19. wiismodrome

wiismodrome flubber

Sweden
    I'm pretty sure that I've run games from SD using DIOS MIOS (not DML). AFAIK, DIOS MIOS supports both SD and USB.

Using DIOS MIOS Booter svn24 and the latest DM revision, Burnout 2 continues to exhibit slow USB loading and has stuttering/freezing problems during gameplay. This is especially noticeable on later levels of the game where speeds are high. There are also a number of sections of the game where the textures and world geometry disappear for short periods, which makes the game extremely difficult to play. I just ran through the same races using disc and the game played perfectly (without graphical issues). Not sure, but it seems like the USB loading of the upcoming track elements is not keeping up with the game speed. I may try re-ripping the game and see if anything changes.

Tried Legend of Zelda Master Quest again and confirmed that it does load from USB using DM Booter if a disc is in the drive, but will produce a black screen without a disc. Wiiflow r506 mistakenly loads whatever game that is in the drive while booting, not Zelda MQ. Other games seem to load normally with the latest Wiiflow.

20. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Great job, loading is FAST.
    Using latest usb loader gx 1191

Just some isseus:

Mario Sunshine has an annoying green bar on the bottom of the screen.
    Mariokart dd has some starting screen glitches.

Oh, it's fast!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Lite),