Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually tueidj is right, violates the terms of service, personally I never said anything because that does not bother me.
And I think it's fair that crediar may receive some compensation for their work, if he so wishes.
But I understand that not everyone will like it.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ha, ha! That is just being an asshole.
This has nothing to do with his concern for "doing the right thing" and all to do with what appears to be a petty nerd rivalry/jealousy over Crediar's work on DML.
I'm sure tueidj would have done this even if he hadn't been working on Devolution. That's just how he is.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure tueidj would have done this even if he hadn't been working on ModMii. That's just how he is.
What is doing Modmii in this?
You mean that tueidj or Crediar worked in Modmii?

Or am I wrong understanding what you say?
Lol, I meant Devolution. I'm about to fall asleep and I was discussing ModMii on IRC. I think it's time for me to get some sleep. :shy:

Reactions: 1 person

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think tueidj was righ in notifing google about this.
I can accept that Crediar wants to profit from his work but fakeing links to the payhost to look like google did them is not ok.

That is the only I see thing that could violate googles ToS.
Replacing them by a text that says "No downloads here, go to wherever instead" should fix this.

By itself requireing payment to get the binaries should be totally OK both with google and the GPL.

Reactions: 2 people

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whether you launch it via the System Menu or Dios Mios (Lite), it never displays on a majority of HDTVs properly. Capcom really screwed up big time.
Right, so it has nothing to do with DIOS MIOS and shouldn't be on the compatibility list - the game is being executed exactly the same as a retail copy launched from the system menu.
CRTs don't have that issue as all can display native 240p/240i, but Capcom butchered the port by writing the emulators in 240p resolution (at least I think they're emulated), and very few HDTVs display the game without pricey third-part upscaling devices, which is trivial to get just for one problematic game. Too bad there's no way to force the game to display in 480i/480p. Congrats Capcom, for making a crappy port.
This is idiotic. HDTVs weren't common when the port was made, if they had used 480i mode they would have had a bunch of angry fans saying the opposite - that they had screwed up because it didn't use the original video mode. Saying they screwed up because it's not compatible with today's technology is like saying Nintendo screwed up because the NES and SNES used 240p. Stop blaming other people for your TV's crappy component compatibility.

Whatever. To hell with that. What did you expect me to buy on a college budget, a high-end TV?
Erhm, buy the cheapest samsung lcd tv, it'll work fine like mine.
Where do you get that this is a option in high end tv's? It's not.
It's documented well into 2007 that vizio has a problem with their scalers.
You just picked the brand ( usa only, clown components etc..) that cannot interpolate 240i to 240p.
Does your tv have an option to manage any interlacing process?
If you stuck with a philips, samsung etc you would likely not have this problem.

But I didn't know that, now did I? If I can sell my TV to someone for $200 (which I think is more than reasonable), then I'll go with Samsung. Philips....not so much, they can be hit or miss. I should be glad I didn't go with Westinghouse, Sansui or some other brand. While Vizio is a budget brand, it's not super terrible, I just had bad luck. There aren't any major retailers that buy used electronics are there? If I can get a TV that supports 240p, I can play the game at last!
Well I hope you find a tv! It's a cool compilation after all.
In the netherland we have "marktplaats" now it's owned by Ebay I think...
I'ts a good starting place to buy or sell a tv.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj reported yet another Google Code SVN? That's my job, dammit! :angry:

By the way, if google has a problem if someone uses their services partially for commercial purposes, then what the hell are GPL licenses doing on Google Code? This seems to either be a bullshit misunderstanding on the part of this Google employee or a contradiction in Google Code's ToS, meaning simultaneously allowing GPL licenses and limiting license owners on their right to use the GPL for commericial purposes.

It seems this will be resolved shortly..

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
By the way, if google has a problem if someone uses their services partially for commercial purposes, then what the hell are GPL licenses doing on Google Code? This seems to either be a bullshit misunderstanding on the part of this Google employee or a contradiction in Google Code's ToS, meaning simultaneously allowing GPL licenses and limiting license owners on their right to use the GPL for commericial purposes.
Nope, someone reported Crediar trying to take money for his work.
Even if they don't have a problem with commercial (I don't think they have), they might have some reservations about someone else impersonating them to hide that commercial purpose.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then what did tueidj do that was so bad?
Even if they don't have a problem with commercial (I don't think they have), they might have some reservations about someone else impersonating them to hide that commercial purpose.
edit:
bad mixup:
crediar did that
tueidj did nothin wrong imho, he only pointed out the above to google

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.