DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sk0ld, Jun 23, 2012.

1. bm123456

bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston
    What revision of usb loader are you running, ? Did you check the settings i told you?
    Also try Dios Mios booter rev 30 as ddetkowski suggested

2. sebastien

sebastien Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2012
    Canada
    Im checking now for the 32kb cluster , This won't affect wii games right? cause my /games folder is on the same partition

3. bm123456

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston

4. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    you should have only one partition, that being FAT32 with a folder called wbfs, were your Wii games reside, and a folder called games, were your Gamecube games reside.
    If not, its wrong. is your usb drive getting power? is it plugged into the correct port? try both if not sure.

5. sebastien

sebastien Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2012
    Canada
    WOOHOOO got it to work playing F-zero & getting motion sick

Nice!

is there a quick escape of dios mios or you need to reboot?

6. bm123456

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston
    settings per game enable "padhook"
    R+Z+start or R+Z+b will allow to reboot if padhook is enabled, some games needs this turned off"Phantasy Star Online"

7. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Mar 2, 2010
    To be fair he does not have to release anything if he didn't want to, it's his own work and he has the right to keep it for himself, however I'm not sure if he has the right to sell "maybe he can't due to the others who helped at the beginning of DML" but if he can then he can and we have no right to say anything otherwise, personally I prefer he'd release at least the source code because since DML 1.0 no one could fix or contribute to the project and we all became prisoners in Crediar's jail :P

3 people like this.
  8. totoyo

totoyo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2006
    France
    Rennes, France
    Hi all, and thanks to all the people involved in this community.

On my PAL Wii, I use DM + USB Loader GX (apparently the latest releases), using only a USB disk (fat32/32k), and everything looks good. I tried with some of my Gamecube disks, the backups are successful and the games launch well.
    Now I want to make a new step.

I have "Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution" (GW6JEM), that I was used to launch using a Freeloader disk on my Gamecube. What a relief to be able to launch the backup without dealing with the Freeloader! It runs fine too, but it is still in Japanese, no magic ;)

I found a patch, to be used with ppf-o-matic on the iso, that should translate most part of the game. But when patching the iso, the game is no more found by the system.
    Is that normal? Maybe the DM checks the hashcode, md5 or something from the iso...
    Or ppf patching needs specific parameters that I forgot?

If someone has any idea, I would appreciate. Thanks.

9. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    I like the short list, but would like to remark that when using DM and a big HDD (or if you ar fortunate a BIG SD card when using DML) you don't need to use a compression tool. But its up to you.

10. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    double post, very sorry

11. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    i dunno why, but F-Zero doesn't show up on cfg OR DML booter.
    It DOES show up on USB loader GX, but i can only use txt files for cheats there.
    It tells me to download. gct file even after i put the correct one you gave us (thank you btw) to the specified gct folder. It then creates a .txt file of the cheat.

So if its not much trouble, could you please upload GFZP01.txt so i can use that correct one straight away?
    Thanks again

12. themanuel

themanuel GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 6, 2009
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    There must be something wrong in your CFG setup because there is nothing different about the game that would make it not show up.
    However, if you want to try this on GX, it has a bug related to the cheats.
    You can read how I worked around it here.
    Essentially, copy the gct file to the same directory where the iso or extracted files are (e.g., sd:/games/GFZP01).
    On the GX game configuration screen, disable Ocarina and enable the debugger.
    Voila! Your savefile will work, if you can load the game.
    When you are done, you might want to go back into the game config screen and reset settings to defaults, unless you plan to use other cheats, but don't be a chicken! accept the challenge.

13. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction

14. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Thanks themanuel!!

I now have successfully transfered my savegame from my 251 to my 1019 card !

no need, already mastered (well, except the 3 final story chapters in very hard :P) the game back in 2004, i have everything unlocked :)

15. themanuel

themanuel GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 6, 2009
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Awesome!
    Isn't it a great feeling to know that coveted save file will always be secure from now on (as long as you back it up)?
    I finished all the cups in master difficulty a few years back, but I have not done the story mode in "Very Hard". I guess I need to stop slacking and get back into it.
    It looks like you are farther ahead but you probably still have a few drivers left to unlock.

16. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Yep, PAL savegame

17. lilypad96

lilypad96 Banned

Banned
    Feb 14, 2012
    Hokkaido
  18. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Even when you log in, unless you're Crediar it says "Forbidden." I think he blocked it so that people had to use either something before r59 on the old SVN or use the v2.2 link he gets paid for.

EDIT : Oh, wait. I thought we were talking about the DML v1.x page (which has been blocked for a while now.) Hope this gets straightened out. For now, I'm glad there's at least the page linked by [member='tmv_josue'] (next post.)

19. tmv_josue

tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2010
    Mexico
    Cancún
  20. lilypad96

lilypad96 Banned

Banned
    Feb 14, 2012
    Hokkaido
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted