Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Spinning Bird Ki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry if this has been asked a hundred times (god knows I've looked for an answer). Does anyone have a solution the Skies of Arcadia's blue screen upon booting up? I've tried all of the different video settings.

I'm running
c204.gif
USB Loader GX r1201 mod9 with Dios Mios 2.2, PAL iso on a PAL Wii. The same thing happens in Dios Mios Booter.
If I've left out any necessary information don't hesitate to ask for it (but tell me how to find out the details if possible). Hope you can help.

i dont want to add to the "2.0 is better than 2.2, or vice versa" thats really up to the user... but skies of arcadia works fine on my end with default settings using dm 2.0 (any loader)

Just tried it with 2.0 to no avail. I'm thinking it's a problem with the PAL version of the game.

1201mod9 had video mode problem?
I asked users to report video mode issue, black screen, green screen, etc.
One week without report, so I released r1202, and now you say that...
Beta version are for beta testers who (should) test and report.

Which region is your game?
Which setting are you using in the Wii?
Which setting are you using in USBLoaderGX?

"DML video mode" set to "Auto" should be fine.
In the loader, "Auto" checks your game region (to select between pal and ntsc), then it check your Wii setting to see if you are using a component cable+480p, or 480i, or 576i.
If it doesn't work, you can always try to Force a video mode.

It's a PAL game on a PAL Wii. I know this is a common problem for Skies of Arcadia, and a lot of other people are able to play it.
Here's the screen that appears:
imag0001p2.jpg

I've tried 'Auto' and forcing every video mode in Mios Dios Booter and USBLoader GX.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
When I try to load a gamecube game through wiiflow it just boots the disk that is in the drive. If a gamecube game is in there it runs the disk but if there is a wii game is says fatal error apploader size is zero
How do I fix this?
It's using the wrong boot method/setting version. You can change this by going to the /apps/wiiflow/ folder and there's a file called Wiiflow.ini you'll need to open and in there under the [DML] section Both the dml_r52+= and the dm_r2.1+= settings have to be set to yes for it to work with DM(L) 2.2 and above (Assuming you have v2.2. Otherwise set just dm_r2.1+=no ).
Like this
dml_r52+=yes
dm_r2.1+=yes

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's a PAL game on a PAL Wii. I know this is a common problem for Skies of Arcadia, and a lot of other people are able to play it.
imag0001p2.jpg

I've tried 'Auto' and forcing every video mode in Mios Dios Booter and USBLoader GX.

Try "CFG mod r37" with all default settings.

Spinning Bird Ki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reporting in again. Currently playing Skies of Arcadia. Happy doesn't even describe it.

My conclusion is that it was indeed a problem with the PAL iso; whether it was just the one I downloaded, I couldn't say, but I'm comfortably running an NTSC copy of the game as we speak. This goes against the chart of compatible games (for which PAL SoA is green), which might also point to incompatible settings on my end. Either way I know this is a problem a lot of people have had, so for anyone who comes across this post trying to get past the blue screen, use an NTSC iso (also note that the 5 year old iso on certain torrent sites was undetected by my Wii; use google to find a different copy). I only write this because I had read through so many other people's struggles and found no solution.

I actually bought my second (GC-compatible) Wii just because it was cheaper than a disc copy of Skies of Arcadia. So, pretty pleased. Now I'm off to be a sky pirate.

Xana_anaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reporting in again. Currently playing Skies of Arcadia. Happy doesn't even describe it.

My conclusion is that it was indeed a problem with the PAL iso; whether it was just the one I downloaded, I couldn't say, but I'm comfortably running an NTSC copy of the game as we speak. This goes against the chart of compatible games (for which PAL SoA is green), which might also point to incompatible settings on my end. Either way I know this is a problem a lot of people have had, so for anyone who comes across this post trying to get past the blue screen, use an NTSC iso (also note that the 5 year old iso on certain torrent sites was undetected by my Wii; use google to find a different copy). I only write this because I had read through so many other people's struggles and found no solution.

I actually bought my second (GC-compatible) Wii just because it was cheaper than a disc copy of Skies of Arcadia. So, pretty pleased. Now I'm off to be a sky pirate.

out of curiousity, did you use GCReEx or DiscEx? i get a blackscreen whenever i enter a shop using DML 2.2 usin GCReEx, but it worked fine with DiscEx uncompressed. i believe the compatibility chart says it works with GCReEx

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently using DM 2.2 to launch all my GC games, some need the no_disc patch turned off and a disc in the drive, some don't work with NMM, some need to be a 1:1 copy; but I've been able to get almost every game to run ("Gun" and "X-Men Legends II" being the exception". I know that there are some IDE to USB adapter issues but for those with compatible HDD's before trying any kind of conversion please try launching a 1:1 copy with either "DIOS-MIOS Booter" or "CFG mod r37" those are my recommended default launchers.

Once I get things to launch I compress with either GCReEX or DiscEx and normally use WiiFlow which at this point launches GC games excellently as well. Make sure to follow [member='Maxternal']'s advice here and to manually reload cache by pressing the "Home" button on your Wii-Mote and choosing reload cache, 90% of the time that will fix all issues. Other than that as usual sometimes changing the video mode and video patching will help but it's almost never necessary unless the game is from a different region than your console.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
out of curiousity, did you use GCReEx or DiscEx? i get a blackscreen whenever i enter a shop using DML 2.2 usin GCReEx, but it worked fine with DiscEx uncompressed. i believe the compatibility chart says it works with GCReEx
The only reason you would use GCReEx or DiscEx is for compression.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The only reason you would use GCReEx or DiscEx is for compression.
Yeah, if you're not compressing it, DiscEX does nothing except extract some sys files for xNEEK.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Reactions: 1 person

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I suppose, but I didn't think anyone used DM in neek now that it's not required.
Yes, I know but for me NEEK/2o is the only way that DM always recognizes my control (It's original).
In the real-nand sometimes is not recognized, no idea why. And also, apparently is the only version fully tested by crediar and Sk0ld.
It's still the only way to have DM, DML, cMIOS, and QuadForce installed at once and some people don't actually have their real NAND hacked, just an emuNAND and bannerbomb.
Well all that is only possible with the neek2o.
And it does not require the content of sys folder (so either not require DiscEX or GCReEx).

The original NEEK can't do that and indeed is the only program that requires the content of sys folder.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
imag0001p2.jpg
Oh, I never saw this screen before.
And it's happening in all loaders.
What's strange is that it tells you it's a video mode problem, even after trying all (I suppose you really did) video mode setting in all loaders?

I have only Sky of Arcadia's original NTSC-U disc, so I can't test it :/
If you still have this ISO, I would like to make some tests with you, if you have time to work with me contact me by PM. Thanks.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some people don't actually have their real NAND hacked, just an emuNAND and bannerbomb.

how?
I didn't know of any emunand that didn't require ios or boot2 changes.
Yeah, or Letterbomb if you are on 4.3E..with a little help of casper.

Modmii can set it all up for you very easy with the abstinance wizard.

Spinning Bird Ki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually didn't compress the games. Plenty of room on my HDD and as far as I'm aware there are no other advantages to doing so.

I have only Sky of Arcadia's original NTSC-U disc, so I can't test it :/ If you still have this ISO, I would like to make some tests with you, if you have time to work with me contact me by PM. Thanks.
I may not be the best person to do tests like this. I'm happy to help however I can, but honestly I don't understand half of the terms you guys use, and frankly it's a miracle I managed to get GC games running at all. Also I deleted the PAL iso as soon as I got the NTSC one running (sorry).

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
some people don't actually have their real NAND hacked, just an emuNAND and bannerbomb.
how?
I didn't know of any emunand that didn't require ios or boot2 changes.
Yeah, or Letterbomb if you are on 4.3E..with a little help of casper.
Modmii can set it all up for you very easy with the abstinance wizard.
Talking of that, I thought neek2o needed at least bootmii in IOS.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I have only Sky of Arcadia's original NTSC-U disc, so I can't test it :/ If you still have this ISO, I would like to make some tests with you, if you have time to work with me contact me by PM. Thanks.
I may not be the best person to do tests like this. I'm happy to help however I can, but honestly I don't understand half of the terms you guys use, and frankly it's a miracle I managed to get GC games running at all. Also I deleted the PAL iso as soon as I got the NTSC one running (sorry).

For PAL version of "Sky of Arcadia" , you have to turn off the "video patch"
option. (CFG mod r37 +DM 2.2 works for me)

You can check this post below: (although you said you have deleted the PAL iso)
http://gbatemp.net/topic/147638-configurable-usb-loader/page__view__findpost__p__4327511

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: