Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to work. After the GCLoader boot screen, it just goes into a black screen.

Details:
- This is the NTSC version
- I've tried both, GCReEx and DiscEx formats
- Every other GCN game I've tried loads fine (at least ten of them)
- I have an original Wii disc in the drive
- I have memory cards plugged in
- I'm not messing around with video mode shenanigans (set to default)

Does this game load fine for everyone?

It works 100% fine for me, DML 1.4b, NTSC-U converted to DiskEx, 4.1U Wii, using USBLoader GX V3, must be your iso is corrupted, try another iso!
I'll double check, although I have checked all my backed up ISO's against the redump.org database. The loader (USB Loader GX) is the latest suspect.

I'll add that it's compressed too, because some games like Virtua Striker 2002 and Kirby Air Ride won't work if compressed!
Try forcing GC interlacing in the loader settings.
Is you wii a US one as the game? Oh and how about your tv? How old is it and how is it connected with your wii?
Thanks to everyone that tried to help me. The issues was indeed the the required interlaced mode, which was one of the first things I tried. However, I was trying to force interlaced in USB Loader GX through the video mode setting and had not seen that further down the list was a GC specific "force interlaced" feature. This did the trick without having to change the Wii's video mode to 480i through the setting menu.

Best Regards.

katastrophie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't been on the Wii scene in a long time, and I just got Mega Man X Command Mission and made it past chapter 1, but now I'm getting Disc can't be read. It worked perfectly before. Anyways I wanted to use this but I don't know how make my Wii Recognize my 4GB SD card, it's a Class6 AData SDHC. Was using Wiigator GC Backup launcher channel 0.1XI. Wii firmware is 3.2U. Heard there was some kind of update to make it recognize 4GB cards, but not sure, never updated my Wii before. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

EDIT:

Updated everything with Pimpmywii, latest System Menu, SD card is recognized on the wii but not on the homebrew channel. Tried updating the HBC (currently on Beta 8) but it just freezes after downloading. I used a 2GB mircroSD with SD adapter to use pimpmywii, but that one doesn't have enough space for the game.

EDIT:

Well I don't think HBC can run SDHC but I tried to install the DML wad with m 2GB but it keeps getting a (ret = -1029 error)

EDIT:

Welp I got it working, just had to set IOS to 222 to install the DML wad and USB loader GX forwader. Thanks guys you were a lot of help! :)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 14b installed and I am launching through Wiiflow. Whenever I try playing a game with a blank DVD-R I get put on this screen for an endless amount of time.

http://i.imgur.com/9pV1E.jpg

However when I put in a GC disk it launches the application but it plays from the GC disk I put in instead of the GC game I have converted in the "games" folder of my SD card.

What am I doing wrong?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Latest News on DM from twitter:

crediar has chosen to not release a public beta. Although, any further news regarding DM will only be announced, when it's released.

As for the expected release, it will be released... "when it's done".

Reactions: 1 person

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was originally for those who actually donated, but unfortunately in light of recent events... He's decided to scrap it completely and carry on as normal.

Anyway... That's my opinion. Although... the news that DM is still being worked on (as confirmed on twitter), is actually true (I just basically wrote in my own words, what he actually said).

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt that, will be likely... As we have quadforce for Triforce Arcade Games (Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 only) which was only released, despite what happened.

Who knows, if crediar will add it though... That's something we'll just have to wait and be patient for. As who knows when DM will be released or if there will be any more updates to DML for the time being.

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like we've got some big news from crediar today.
Update on DM, to prevent any leaks there will be no public beta. The next DM related news will be the release. Release: when it's done.

QuadForce v 0.1 crediar.no-ip.com/quadforce-v0.1
=========================================================================================
quadforce v 0.1 FINAL by crediar
=========================================================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quadforce allows you to run the Triforce arcade games Mario Kart GP and GP 2
on a Wii from a SD card. It can not run any GameCube games.
No other Triforce games are supported by this version.
There will be no source, this project is not based on DML in any way and
isn't using any GPL code except elfloader of which the source is supplied.
This will be the final public release, sadly this means you will be missing out
on the progress that was made since February, like USB support, wavebird support
and support for a few more games.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope full triforce suppor is in dios mios
Doubtful. From what understand, there is very little space available for code, which means that both GC and Triforce games cannot be supported in the same application, at least not in GC mode.

yes, that is my exact understanding as well. what WOULD be nice... is if... say.. wiiflow or cfg-usb had a little option where say you put your desired DML/DM wad in a folder along with the quadforce wad and whenever you start a triforce game or gamecube game it detects which of those 2 wads you need and installs it on the fly... what do you guys think?

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope full triforce suppor is in dios mios
Doubtful. From what understand, there is very little space available for code, which means that both GC and Triforce games cannot be supported in the same application, at least not in GC mode.

yes, that is my exact understanding as well. what WOULD be nice... is if... say.. wiiflow or cfg-usb had a little option where say you put your desired DML/DM wad in a folder along with the quadforce wad and whenever you start triforce game or gamecube game it detects which of those 2 wads you need and installs it on the fly... what do you guys think?

That was the exact solution I thought of. I hope it becomes a reality.

128MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
buying a class 10 sd card did the trick, took it out of the package, installed latest dml and latest neogamma, booted windwaker immediately :D
i'm so happy

pigrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, I have problem when loading Fire Emblem: path of radiance with dml.
My wii is a 3.2u Korean version. Installed dml 1.4, and cfg usbloader 70 mod 32. I have GC memory card and joystick connected to the wii, and a wii game disc in the tray. The tool I used to extract GC iso is GCReEx (I should used it for dml 1.4, right?). The SD card was formatted with FAT32 and I have copied the extracted files to sd:\games\ directory.
I have the game in cfg usbloader, and after pressing "start", the GC loader 0.4 screen pops up, several lines of console output, and the last line I can read is "loading mail.dol [***********]", then it just go to a black screen and I have to close wii.
The image I used was PAL version. I guessed black screen may caused by video mode, so I tried to modify video settings to "force pal", "force pal 60" and "force pal 480p" in cfg usbloader, but none worked
I have tried to used NTSC-USA and NTSC-J version images with default, "force ntsc" and "force ntsc 49-p", but still black screen.
I have tried to turn nodisc on and off, still no use.

Any idea what might be the problem and how to solve it? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ