Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I have all that stuff set to defaults on USB Loader GX.
thats the problem, loader gx auto-forces to 480p if you have component cables, thats why you need enable the "force gc interlace" to make it show the game in 480i like the game is specting.
if that dont work then you can always try dml booter or any other loader.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the problem, loader gx auto-forces to 480p if you have component cables, thats why you need enable the "force gc interlace" to make it show the game in 480i like the game is specting.
if that dont work then you can always try dml booter or any other loader.
OK. Thanks.
I tried that too, yesterday but it still did not work. I'll still double-check tonight and probably leave it set up that way to avoid other problems.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i searched for r58 and got a elf file, correct me im total noob at this

edit

ok found a wad from a forum, will try that

edit

installed that using ios 249 in yawm, now i just get a 'no signal' from my tv when using usb loader gx and when using NeoGamma i get a brief green screen, then black and then 'no signal' again from my tv...
could it be because i'm using component cable?
You said you had a PAL Wii. When it gives you 'no signal' can you still hear the game sounds.
If you can, that is what sometimes happens when you use an NTSC game on PAL if I understand right. Are you sure the game is PAL, too?
You could always try forcing PAL in the options on the loader.

Also, to convert the ELF into a WAD yourself, if you want, you can use this guide.

The newest version of the old DML is not actually on the googlecode page. It's DML r59mod with some of the fixes added to DML v1.0.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I can't get Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to work. After the GCLoader boot screen, it just goes into a black screen.

Details:
- This is the NTSC version
- I've tried both, GCReEx and DiscEx formats
- Every other GCN game I've tried loads fine (at least ten of them)
- I have an original Wii disc in the drive
- I have memory cards plugged in
- I'm not messing around with video mode shenanigans (set to default)

Does this game load fine for everyone?

Works no problem for me by CFG mod r3x+DML v1.4b
(all default settings+GCReEx format)

128MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm only trying fzero gp wich is pal, i dont hear sound either...

edit

luigi"s mansion, all same results, now converting wind waker ...

edit

damn also freezes at 'apploader'

now redid the whole thing, also tried 1.4b and DML booter, STILL same problem -_- third week of trying this and i'm nearly about to quit

128MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
did you try reading up here: http://gbatemp.net/t...__fromsearch__1
hopefully, it'll help.....
i'v read it about 5 times, and done it several times... also read half this thread.

it sounds so easy, just install the dml using a wad manager, convert gc iso and put on the sd, boot game through any of the loaders, and that should be it ...

am i missing something?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Should i try another older version of DML? i'm still not getting any games to run.

EDIT

installed rev 1.4 now it shows gc loader 0.4 and is stuck on 'Loading Apploader'

Your issue is rather common, you have two solutions:
a) Get a new SD card, SanDisk, doesn't have to be class 10 "I have class 4 and works just fine"
b) Downgrade to DML rev58 or rev59

I can't get Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to work. After the GCLoader boot screen, it just goes into a black screen.

Details:

It works 100% fine for me, DML 1.4b, NTSC-U converted to DiskEx, 4.1U Wii, using USBLoader GX V3, must be your iso is corrupted, try another iso!

did you try reading up here: http://gbatemp.net/t...__fromsearch__1
hopefully, it'll help.....

Edit: Hey there ddetkowski, how you been girl? I just wanna thank you for your advice for switching to Fat32 and all that, you've been a great help and for that I shall be forever grateful :)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Details:

It works 100% fine for me, DML 1.4b, NTSC-U converted to DiskEx, 4.1U Wii, using USBLoader GX V3, must be your iso is corrupted, try another iso!
I'll double check, although I have checked all my backed up ISO's against the redump.org database. The loader (USB Loader GX) is the latest suspect.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Details:

I'll double check, although I have checked all my backed up ISO's against the redump.org database. The loader (USB Loader GX) is the latest suspect.

I'll add that it's compressed too, because some games like Virtua Striker 2002 and Kirby Air Ride won't work if compressed!

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to work.  After the GCLoader boot screen, it just goes into a black screen.

Details:

I'll double check, although I have checked all my backed up ISO's against the redump.org database.  The loader (USB Loader GX) is the latest suspect.
Try forcing GC interlacing in the loader settings.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is you wii a US one as the game? Oh and how about your tv? How old is it and how is it connected with your wii?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Hey there ddetkowski, how you been girl? I just wanna thank you for your advice for switching to Fat32 and all that, you've been a great help and for that I shall be forever grateful :)

Hey, no problem, sonictopfan, any advice helps all of us along the way....

128MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
already tried almost all the DML's, im going to buy a new SDHC card a damn good one, if it doesnt work i'll throw it out the window.

WHAT? i also cant play wii games anymore, i cant do anything, and when using a disc it says update software ... wtf is going on?

128MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wii rehacked from scratch and works normal again, ordered a 16Gb sandisk SDHC Class 10 ... should be here in a week or so, will report back other wise i'm done for with this.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
already tried almost all the DML's, im going to buy a new SDHC card a damn good one, if it doesnt work i'll throw it out the window.

WHAT? i also cant play wii games anymore, i cant do anything, and when using a disc it says update software ... wtf is going on?

DML does nothing to your Wii gaming, it only changes your cMios in GC mode, what is exactly the problem with your Wii gaming? maybe we can help!

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DML does nothing to your Wii gaming, it only changes your cMios in GC mode, what is exactly the problem with your Wii gaming? maybe we can help!

it wants to update the software because it detects a non-stubbed ios that they want stubbed.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noticed that game cases and IDs for Mario Kart GP and GP2 were added to WiiTDB as gcn titles. I figure someone who knows about the project added them although the project hasn't been, and may not be, released? Just curious whether or not some development happened there that I can't seem to find anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!