Dios Mios Lite Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pantsface16, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Pantsface16
    OP

Pantsface16 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I installed Dios Mios Lite v2.10 WAD with WAD Manager 1.7, but every time I boot up my Game Cube game (Super Mario Sunshine) from my SD Card, it shows the dios mios splash screen, but it boots the game in the disc drive (Spider-man 2). So I took out the disc, and enabled the no-disc patch, but that gives me the error "Fatal Error apploader size is zero".
    I've tried this with USB Loader GX MOD, Wii Flow, and Dios Mios Booter, but I still can't load the game.
    Please help!
    I'm using IOS 236 if that's of any importance.

2. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Weird that it's booting the disc, what about when you have the no-disc patch disabled AND no disc in the disc drive? The need for a no-disc patch in the loader was removed in a past revision of DIOS MIOS. It now checks the drive for a disc and if none is found applies the no-disc patch itself. The "Fatal Error apploader size is zero" may be because you have the patch enabled from the loader.

3. Pantsface16
    OP

Pantsface16 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I have the patch disabled and the game in the disc drive, but it stills starts up the disc...if I take the disc out and disable or enable the no-disc patch it then shows the Fatal Error...
    In the Dios Mios Lite compatibility list it shows Super Mario Sunshine as a / as no-disc compatibility
    Hmm...maybe it's because I shrunk the game? I'll try to do it without shrinking the game

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    "Fatal Error apploader size is zero" means that it couldn't find the apploader (= your game's files) because it tried to load from the Disc and if the disc is not present it can't find any files to load.

If it's loading the Disc instead of the ISO, it means that the configuration version is wrong, or the sent configuration's data is wrong.
    it's usually because you are using an old version of the loaders (which had support only for DIOS MIOS Lite up to version 2.1). But DML should tell you to update your loader, so it's something else.

If you are using both updated version of DML and the loaders, then it's a problem in the data sent to RAM before launching DML (either data is incorrect, missing or deleted)
    Set every settings to OFF/Disabled in your loaders.
    Try reinstalling DML 2.10
    Try reinstalling an older DML (2.9 or 2.8)
    Be sure you have BC v6 installed
    use another SD card or MicroSD card adapter
    Reformat the SD card
    if you have bootmii@boot2, rename the bootmii folder on your SD card temporarily (curious to see if it affect the GC launching. I have bootmii@boot2 and it's working fine)

5. Slamdrews

Slamdrews Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2013
    United States
    I'm having the same problem. Except I'm using Pokemon Colosseum. I have the latest version on Dios Mios Lite (2.10),I have BC v6 installed, I've reinstalled DML 2.10 a few times to make it work as well. I've tried shrinking it using DMLtoolbox. And I've tried not shrinking it as well.

I have Luigi's Mansion and they're both in SD:/games folder but only Luigi's Mansion will load and work properly.
    (I use WiiFlow and they're both being recognized and found)
    Only Pokemon Colosseum leaves me with the Dios Mios splash art saying "fatal error: apploader size is zero!" just like you.

6. Pantsface16
    OP

Pantsface16 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I tried doing the above(what Cyan said), with and without a disc in the drive. Same thing...
    Maybe Super Mario Sunshine just doesn't work with me and my Wii...
    I'll try getting a different game and see the outcome then...

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    So you mean some games are working, and other are not?
    Then it's not a problem from your device or DML, but a problem from your ISO.

what is the path and filename you are using ?
    please provide the full path, not just the folder name.

I'm pretty sure DML can't find the filename you are using.

8. Pantsface16
    OP

Pantsface16 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I tried it with Legend of Zelda Windwaker, but it didn't work...:cry:I'm running out of ideas...

9. Pantsface16
    OP

Pantsface16 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Well, I finally "resolved" my problem.
    I went and bought a USB (I found it to be more reliable) and tried with that.
    It worked, finally!
    I finally got both the games to work :lol: