Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Patryc, Oct 4, 2012.
I understand these both play gamecube isos via usb. What's best and what are you using?
I'm using both. I don't really see them at the moment as competitors, rather they complete each other. Devo might in future have advantage due running in Wii mode and having all the features in the pipeline implemnted, but we're not there yet.
I demand you add a poll for that question.
(Devolution, DM(L), both, none)
Anyway, I'm using both. It just depends on the game.
Also, there are some games that just won't play with one and work fine with the other and visa versa.
The other advantages I see with each
- Plays sound in audio streaming games.
- Online play for Phantasy Star games.
- Faster start-up load times.
- Play from the SD card OR from USB without having to re-install the other version.
- Multi-disk game disk swapping
- Potential for future features that will simply not be possible in DM(L) such as BBA, microphone and GC keyboard emulation and WiiMote/Classic Controller/Nunchuck support.
- Better memory card emulation
- You don't need the original disk to "install" the already existing disk image
- Widescreen hack
- Video mode patches (PAL, NTSC, progressive scan)
- Compatible with trimmed disk images to save space
- Compatible with FST for faster in-game load times
- Reset and power off button combinations
Thanks for your replies... just the sort of information I was looking for!
i been using dml but from hearing that i can play phantasy star online im going to have to give devolution a try thanks
Really want the audio streaming and no disc check in the one.
Does Devolution use a straight iso? So if have games on your HDD for DIOS NIOS can Devolution read them too?
Yes, only 1:1 ISO. No problem using the same 1:1 Gamecube ISOs with both programs.
Depends on what you have. If you already have the physical disks of the games you want to play, go for Devolution.
I was reading one of the guides and it was saying you cant just stick the iso there has to upacked in to folder, must be a outdated guide. (or I misunderstood)
Yeah, outdated, actually.
It USED to be like that and it will still accept both the old unpack and a newer, faster unpack.
It will now also accept just the ISO in a folder. I can be a shrunken (aka trimmed or compressed) ISO or a full sized 1:1 ISO (and the 1:1 is the one that will work for Devolution, too.)
As long as the disk image is named exactly "game.iso" inside that folder it should show up in any loader.
for retail disc i use systemmenu and original memcard.
You mean I can just use a straight .iso in DML without putting it into a folder? I can't get that too work.
Just a straight ISO, yes.
It will have to be in a folder and have the right name, though. The folder name really doesn't matter but it has to be inside the games folder like this :
Thanks Maxternal I will try that!