Hacking DIOS MIOS crashes on most games!

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I recently got around to homebrewing my Wii, and today I decided to get USB Loader GX. The Wii games that I've tried seem to work perfectly, but I'm having problems with loading GameCube games using DIOS MIOS.

While playing most games, I will often get an error saying something along the lines of "An error has occurred. Please turn off the GameCube console and consult the manual". I think one (but possibly not the only) cause for this is when I try to save to my GameCube memory card. The game will run perfectly until the memory card is accessed, at which point it will freeze for about a minute until the error message appears.

The games that I've experienced this on so far are Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, and Killer7. I have not gotten the error on Zelda Collector's Edition, but I did get a black screen freeze once. The only game that I have experienced no problems with at all is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I'm running the games off of a 30GB FAT32 partition on my 700GB USB 3.0 Toshiba external hard drive. The rest of the hard drive is NTFS, which is the partition that I've been running Wii games off of. The launcher I'm using is USB Loader GX, but I've tried Configurable USB Loader and experienced the same issues.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. If I left out some important information, just tell me what and I'll see if I can get it. Thanks in advance.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is no one willing to help me?

Upon further testing, I think I've narrowed it down to saving new files. I found a memory card with a Wind Waker save. I loaded up my old file and was able to successfully save. I then tried to start a new game, but got the error when I tried to save. This also eliminates the possibility that it was the memory card causing the problem, unless both of the ones I've tried are identically corrupted.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have No More Memory switched off?
Also, having a disc in the Wii's drive improves compatibility (MGS The Twin Snakes for example wouldn't even start for me until I put a disc in there), now I just have a blank CD-R in there at all times.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have NMM switched off. I always have a disc in the drive, and have tried running the games with both Wii and GameCube games in the drive (not that it should make a difference).

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Make sure your FAT32 partition is the first partition marked as active and also make sure the cluster size is 32 or 64k (I recommend 32 since this will also make sneek work if needed)
NMM is automatically turned off when you insert the Memory card. you can always try another brand or try without any Memory card to diagnose the problem.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm certain that it's my first partition, is marked as active, and its cluster size is 32k. As far as I can tell, everything is set up correctly, and like I said, not all games are having the problem - Melee works fine and Wind Waker seems to work fine as long as I'm playing a previously existing save. That may be the case for the other games having the problem as well, but I no longer have save files for them, so I can't check.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but I'm still having this problem and I'd really like to see it resolved. I'm sure there are other people that have/will experience this problem, so having a known fix out there would be a good thing.

CammyLuddFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfox Adventures gives me an error when I complete the first trail. Also no voice acting and other missing audio. And subtitles appear way after the character has spoken the dialogue.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Starfox Adventure is an "Audio Streaming" game.
It's sending audio request to the sound chipset, and wait for a reply before continuing with the next instruction. reply which never comes.

The sound chipset use direct access to the disc addresses, which it can't find as the game is loaded from SD or USB, not from Disc.
As a result, the games suffer from unsynch, wrong or late subtitle loaded, wrong or no audio loaded.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had identical issues on both CFG and USB Loader GX, but I'll give Wiiflow a try when I get a chance to.
Dios mios is also alot more finicky with hard drives and stuff. I've had better luck with western digital drives then anything else. Have you tried different versions of dios mios too? I think a couple of versions have some things broken. Good luck.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow didn't solve my problem, unfortunately. I don't have any other USB devices around that I can use for backups right now, but I'll keep my eye out for one so I can at least tell if a different drive will help the issue.

lcmaeda

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good evening. I've been having problems loading Resident Evil on Dios Mios, I've tried with DM 2.10, 2.8, and 2.11 lite. I've tried with USB loader GX, Wiiflow and CFG and it's the same everytime. It shows the first disclaimer and then it goes to a black screen. Nothing more. Is there anything I can do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
blackscreen after the splash screen = incorrect video mode.
blackscreen before the splash screen = wrong hdd or setup.

Like said, you should try nintendont instead of DM/DML.
it has better compatibility, no installation required, works with SD and USB using the same homebrew version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1