Hacking [DIOS MIOS] Apploader size is zero!

Zetha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I have recently softmodded my Wii with the Homebrew Channel 4.3U, I have already spent 50 dollars on a variety of USB sticks / a 32gb sdhc card (formatted to 32kb cluster size), including a 2gb usb which can go into FAT32, but not 32kb cluster size. Using DML I tried to load up some ISO's but right after the Dios Mios logo, its always the same error, Apploader size is zero. Is there anything I can do with just my SD card? Thanks in advance.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what loader are you using (Wiiflow, USB Loader GX, CFG Loader or DM Booter)?

what version of that loader? what version of DIOS MIOS?

also - DIOS MIOS = USB loading // DIOS MIOS LITE = SD Loading

Zetha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the last bit, I'm using DM Booter r30, with DML version 2.3, And DIOS MIOS version 2.8. I've noticed that for DML you can use 64kb cluster size, right now my SD card is at 32kb, would that change anything?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no it won't change anything for the error.
The cluster size can help you with the game loading speed. 64k will load faster than 32k.
change it only if your SD is slow. I'm happy with 32k speed.

Usually, Apploader size is zero means that DM/DML didn't find the game ISO.
It's often an error with DIOS MIOS, because users don't put the games on the correct partition.
Games must be on the first primary FAT32 partition.
If you have two USB connected, put the games on the USB Port0, or disconnect port0 if your games are on Port1.

Other possibilities:
- Verify that your dump is ok, just google for the md5 hash.
- Try to install the game again (delete the old folder before)
- Your loader is using an incorrect config version
- You installed DIOS MIOS and are trying to load a game from SD card
- You installed DIOS MIOS Lite and are trying to load a game from an USB device

Remember that you cannot have DIOS MIOS + DIOS MIOS Lite installed at the same time.
It's one or the other. Always the latest installed.
If you installed DIOS MIOS Lite but select a game from USB, DIOS MIOS Lite will mount the SD card and won't find the ISO.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Just update your MIOS and loader,I use wiiflow 4.1.3 and DML 2.10 and everything works fine, when i used wiiflow mod 3.5 i got that error using DML 1.8 then i updated DML to 2.6 (later to 2.10) and wiiflow 4.1.3 and remember to use Dmtoolbox or discex to transfer your games to your SD/USB to the location SD:/games or USB:/ your usb should be in format fat 32 cluster 32 or 64 (i use 32 and it works pretty well) thats all

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
no it won't change anything for the error.
The cluster size can help you with the game loading speed. 64k will load faster than 32k.
change it only if your SD is slow. I'm happy with 32k speed.

Usually, Apploader size is zero means that DM/DML didn't find the game ISO.
It's often an error with DIOS MIOS, because users don't put the games on the correct partition.
Games must be on the first primary FAT32 partition.
If you have two USB connected, put the games on the USB Port0, or disconnect port0 if your games are on Port1.

Other possibilities:
- Verify that your dump is ok, just google for the md5 hash.
- Try to install the game again (delete the old folder before)
- Your loader is using an incorrect config version
- You installed DIOS MIOS and are trying to load a game from SD card
- You installed DIOS MIOS Lite and are trying to load a game from an USB device

Remember that you cannot have DIOS MIOS + DIOS MIOS Lite installed at the same time.
It's one or the other. Always the latest installed.
If you installed DIOS MIOS Lite but select a game from USB, DIOS MIOS Lite will mount the SD card and won't find the ISO.

I used to get this error alot, back when 2.2 was the latest version.
I also got it if i didnt have a disk inside the drive. Try putting one in.

Also, idk why, but i always felt v2.8 was more stable than v2.10. Even NOW, sometimes upon loading games, wii turns itself off sometimes. Maybe its cuz i have a modchip too, idk.

Zetha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I deleted DIOS MIOS, and games that I used Clean Rip on worked, but I have a few games which I scratched the disk on, so I downloaded their ISOs, but they still got errors. I don't know if this is just loading time, but when loading Pokemon XD it seemed to be entirely black after the Nintendo logo. Would there be any reasons for this?

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
That depend of which version of the game you want to play, we use the ntsc but if you are playing the pal, check here
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List
if you have a game that you cant force to NTSC (like resident evil) you just can get video with RGB cable and run your wii in 480p, because i played resident evil 0, 1, and code veronica (pal) but i have the RGB cables i could play it running in 480i I hope you understand because spanish is my straight

Zetha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got all of the games working B-).
Just wondering if there's a list where it says all of the qualities for games?
(I'm just making this part up)Eg, animal crossing : PAL480p - Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door : ntsc480i

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Damn and the list i gave you before, i in the box "480p" you see an X you couldnt run the game in 480p, most of the games pal games cant run in 480p i just saw smash bro melee pal running in 480p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1