fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
I can't for the life of me figure this out.

I recently heard about DIOS MIOS and decided to try it out. I have got as far as installing the DIOSMIOS 2.5 wad, using DiscEX, and putting the resulting game in with the other Wii games (The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker [GZLE01]). It shows up (and downloads covers) in GX but whenever i try to play it i get sent all the way back to Wii system menu.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Tried USB Loader GX 3.0 r1204 .. same thing. I should note that the HDD is fat but all my games are in a folder with the tittle wbfs. If i put them in game or games USB Loader GX sees zero games. Which i always thought was odd.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I personally have them in a folder named ''games''.
Make sure that from GX options and ''custom paths'' you have directed GX to the correct folder for GC games. ALSO, make sure that GX is shown the correct DM version (i use 2.0 for example, and have GX set to that)
If all fails, maybe your HDD doesn't work with Dios Mios (it happens, my WD MyBook 750GB works, but my 2.5'' HDD does not).
You could try Dios Mios Lite from SD too...

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Put it in games.. and now when i try to play it turns the wii off lol

make sure that GX is shown the correct DM version (i use 2.0 for example, and have GX set to that)
You could try Dios Mios Lite from SD too...

How is this done? I looked through all the options and i cant see it :( hehe

EDIT: OK now i get a DIOS MIOS flash screen but its doubled (side by side) and frozen hehe

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have got as far as installing the DIOSMIOS 2.5 wad, using DiscEX, and putting the resulting game in with the other Wii games

EDIT: Tried USB Loader GX 3.0 r1204 .. same thing. I should note that the HDD is fat but all my games are in a folder with the tittle wbfs. If i put them in game or games USB Loader GX sees zero games. Which i always thought was odd.

You NEED to put gamecube games in "games" folder, not "wbfs" folder.
then, in the loader, you need to tell which gametype you want to see.
By default, it's displaying only Wii games, so you need to select GameCube as well.

Click on the 4th icon in the top menu, you will see a list of Game Origin:
Wii games
Channels from Wii (NAND)
Channels from Emulated Wii (EmuNAND)
GameCube games

Be sure to use this settings:
USBLoaderGX r1204 (place the 249/boot.dol in SD :/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol)
DIOS MIOS Lite 2.5 (if you want games on SD card. You can store games on USB but it will prompt to copy to SD to launch it)
or
DIOS MIOS 2.5 (if you want games on USB)

Go into USBGX settings > Credit page > Verify that the DIOS MIOS (Lite) is correctly detected.
Go into USBGX Settings > Loader settings > here you can set global settings for gameCube (which will affect all games), they all start with "DML" at the bottom of the menu. I recommend "DML Gamepad Hook" and "DML force Widescreen" and "DML Progressive patch" to have all games in 480p if you are using a component cable.

If a particular game doesn't work, before launching the game, select Settings > Game settings > set the widescreen and/or Progressive patch to Disabled for that game.

nak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have usb loader gx / dios mios 2.5 running on my 4.3u wii and it works great! My issue is when i play Gamecube games I have to turn off the wii to get back to menu; I've tried the R+L+Z+ START combo and nothing i try works . I dont want to damage my new HDD with all the sudden power downs. help...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Enabled the "DML padHook" setting in USBLoaderGX to enable button combination.
Note that some games doesn't work if this setting is enabled (that's why it's disabled by default and available as an option).

jmjohnson85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it is okay to post about my problem in this thread.

I just updated DIOS MIOS from 2.4 to 2.5 and updated USB Loader GX from r1202 to r1204 (downloaded from Cyan's post #4 in this thread). To update to r1204 I just replaced boot.dol (IOS249) and did nothing else.

I've been playing Skies of Arcadia using DIOS MIOS 2.4 with the Progressive Patch turned on but after applying the aforementioned updates I can no longer use the Progressive Patch option. When the Progressive Patch is enabled my Wii just hangs on a "green screen" upon booting the game. If I disable the Progressive Patch option the game boots normally.

I tried reverting back to DIOS MIOS 2.4 and the game boots fine with Progressive Patch on.

Did crediar change the way settings are handled again or am I just missing something here?

teitoku

Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying to get Dios Mios to work with my Wii. I've installed DM 2.6, I've updated USB Loader GX so that it mentions Dios Mios support in the Credits screen and tries to let me run GC ISOs from the USB hard drive, but it hangs at a black screen if I try to run one. I'm pretty sure it's because my FAT32 partition isn't the first partition on the drive; there's also a WBFS partition before it. I'd rather not re-partition this thing yet... anybody expect later Dios Mios revisions to allow for the GC images to be on a different partition than it currently uses?

CobraStr1ke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a major issue getting this to run. I installed the DM 2.6 Wad, updated the USB loader GX....I set the paths to GC games and it sees them fine. So far I have been able to only get a black screen, get the Dios Mios logo popping up on another occasion where it showed it split down the middle of the screen as if you were trying to run 480p on a 480i CRT....black screen hanging, and have also got it to load the actual GC game in my drive....Everything but getting the GC iso to load. If anyone has any help they could give I would sooo appreciate it, thank you for anything in advance.

I just tried redoing it all and I am now getting a very dark grren screen (looks almost black with a green tinge) and a distinct black line running down the middle. This is right after I get th eGC Dios Mios screen which is also split and showing twice how I described above ^ ----> ) :

I looked at http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/FAQ#I_just_get_a_black_screen_(no_DIOS_MIOS_splash_screen)

It seems I may fall under the category of green screen....I dont know where debugger would be...I did use Disc ex to make the iso......no idea at this point.

fuctfuct

OP
Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
HDD is set up properly, DIOS MIOS 2.6 installed, Games in the right place (Using DMToolbox), USBLoader detecting 2.5+ .... Every game i try boots, saves (NNM) then plays for a bit before it just freezes or i get the gamecubes version of dirty disc error. The only options that are on are "DML Gamepad Hook" and "NNM" (Does the same with both off)

I GIVE UP :( lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!