NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Thats pretty beast, I don't even really use my Dingoo anymore since the R button broke on me
frown.gif
I still love it though

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the new design comes with a price drop bringing it to $50, maybe I'll get one. Otherwise I'll continue to pass on it.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opium said:
Uh, go back to the old design. It just screams PSP knock off. If I wanted to feel like I was playing a PSP I'd play my PSP. They should design the A330 to look and feel like a unique product.
QUOTE(altorn @ Apr 22 2010, 07:15 AM) yeah, i'd be ashamed of using that a330 in public.. i want the specs/internals but the look is just awful.
it might make people think "This douchebag was ripped off with a fake PSP!"... too bad..

This.
The Dingoo A320 looked like a GBA Micro but wasn't that popular. I'd say the Dingoo was more popular than the GBA Micro itself!
Now it just looks like a knock off. I feel quite embarassed to use it... So i am crossing my fingers to find the Dingoo A320 still being sold aaaandd hopefully, they would still update the firmware to support those old Dingoo users
biggrin.gif

I was quite surprised to find it supported FLAC too... A member told me about it, but haven't heard it yet. I wonder what it sounds like...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i respect costello and shoptemp but i'll add that from my own personal information digging that the dingoo digital team *MIGHT* be giving out false information. It has been reported that they OEM'ed the design. If this information is correct this might account for the "HK" dingoos.

from what i can gather from resellers the dingoo was OEM'ed. the wholesale outlet in china has been telling resellers for the past 6 months that the design was sold. what came out of that was a bunch of dingoo's in a shell without the "dingoo digital" logo. the official team is saying these are clones, but the wholesale outlets who get their product direct from the factory have a different song to sing.

there is most defiantly an "HK" version. there are images of this build at the dingoonity forum. "HK" comes at the end of the serial number which can be found near the bottom left speaker. further more the "HK" build on a hardware level uses different memory. usually it is 2 2GB chips and not 1 4GB chip. Also there are "HK" versions which only have 1 GB or 2GB of internal memory. the "HK" version of the dingoo as been reported (with images and testing to back it up) as being shipped with inferior batteries. The "HK" version is so real in fact that a different unbricking application had to be "hacked" to work on it (thanks joyrider). That is because the hardware is different, the build is different, and this version is real.

some information:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hardwa...confusion!/

are these all clones as the official team has said or is this just an OEM blunder? i do not know for sure. the official team is denying any knowledge of the "HK" build or the problems which have been reported for the past 6 months?

the native apps/3d games/gba games/emus had to all be patched to work on the "HK" build. thanks in part to dingoo-digital-usa.com and MTH (dingoo hacker).
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hardwa...11454/#msg11454

I also have a response from thinkgeek.com:
QUOTE said:
I can actually just let you know that these are the HK versions specifically made for us though.
again, i'm not trying to be the jerk who starts problems in this thread. i do not blame shoptemp or gbatemp for posting what they did. when it comes from the team's mouth you tend to believe it. but if the "HK" version is a myth why do people own it and have problems with it?

dingoo digital needs to sort out their problem, and releasing an updated clone of an already existing system is not the answer.

if only one version of the dingoo is available why are there multiple versions for sale? "HK" vs "non-HK", shells with different branding (dingoo digital, paw print, non-paw print), main board builds with 1GB of internal mem, 2GB, or 4GB, main board builds with 2 2GB chips with the same logo as ones with 1 4GB chip, different warning images for both the "HK" and "non-HK" builds, different memory address issues between the builds, different batteries between the builds, different 3rd party emu functionality between the builds, etc.

there is a ton of proof that there are indeed more than 1 build of the dingoo a320, yet the official teams says this is not the case?

let me add in conclusion that the "HK" build is not a problem any longer. there is a working unbricker tool for it. all of the problem apps/homebrew/etc have been patched. the patch has been added into the unofficial dingoo sdk. the only real problem is getting less than you pay for. this would be less internal memory and a cheap battery. if your dingoo does not have 4GB of internal memory, return it! the export version always shipped with 4GB and this is the version you want. i would also recommend you do some research before blindly dropping homebrew onto the device. if you do have an "HK" build (which, well, the team now says isn't real =P) you could potential brick it.

based on what i have researched here is the information:

dingoo.hk is the real and official team. they had some in-house problems and a few people split. those people owned the rights to the dingoo888.cn website (the old official site). those same people are causing many problems by spreading false information on the web. information from hardware defects to other issues.

i can confirm that dingoo.hk is the real team, shoptemp is ordering dingoos from the real team.

now the real team is saying there is no "HK" or "non-HK" dingoo. they are saying there is only 1 dingoo. this is correct there is only one dingoo.

after the split it appears that the team wanted to distance themselves from the slander and stopped using the dingoo digital logo and name. however, there is also the possibility that the design was OEM'ed as information has come to my attention that the dingoo may not be manufactured by dingoo technologies, and the people who actually own the design are allowing others to make it. i can not confirm that rumor at this point, so please take that information with a grain of salt.

so in the eyes of the real time there is only 1 dingoo, the dingoo they make. however, this dingoo (and the builds that have a serial number which ends in "HK") do suffer from some unknown hardware issue. it could be a memory address, or something else. the real team is not stepping up and admitting anything, nor are they providing any information.

info about the "HK"/problem hardware dingoo:
-only "official" apps/games/emulators will work
-homebrew apps/games/emulators will not work.
*this can be fixed by using the patched versions linked in my spoiler above
-attempting to use the original unbricker/reflashing tool will brick the "HK" dingoo
*this can be fixed by using the homebrew's community hacked unbricker too which can be found linked below
-homebrew firmware will brick this dingoo
*you can not use 3rd party native homebrew firmware and you will need the "HK" unbricker tool to fix the problem.
-dingux installs and works, even if the native area of the bootloader is bricked
-the power on/hold down method of flashing the official firmware will work as expected

the "HK" unbricker: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-help/u...after-flashing/

in the end your dingoo should act like a dingoo. it just depends on what hardware variation you receive. if apps don't work try the patched versions. if you attempt to upgrade the firmware and you brick it, use the "HK" unbricker. have patience and try to debug problems yourself. the shop you buy it from can't be held responsible if the official team is shipping them a product that has different hardware and they are not making the shops aware of it.

i hope that clears things up. i didn't have fun digging all that information the past 3 days. i think i made some enemies =/.

-another world

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just to follow on what Another World has said, I can confirm that the Dingoo A320 that I received from ShopTemp is only compatible with the "HK Unbricker" and requires the "HK Patched" emulators and apps to run. It does run and I can unbrick it, so I'm not unhappy. And it does have 4GB of flash. The battery is unknown (it's completely unmarked, no way to know if it's full capacity or not). But whether it has an "HK" or "unpawed" case or not, it is functionally equivalent to the HK models. Big kudos to the Dingoo comunity for fixing the HK problems already.

As for the A330... I'll pass for now. The appearance does not thrill me, I prefer the 'boxy' shape of the 320. If the 330 has WiFi then I'll be much more interested.

-Atashi

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree with a lot of other tempers that I'd be ashamed of playing a PSP lookalike in public :< I've gotten more interested in buying a Dingoo lately so it's great news that they're coming out with an updated version :] Maybe they will lower the price of the A320 then :3

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
dingoo a330?? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24819
is the new dingoo a clone of an existing system?

-another world
the product you linked is a completely different one
lecture.gif
it also clones the PSP design but have you looked at the full size picture? they're completely different and it's not even hard to see

regarding the HK problem, I'm surprised they denied it ? maybe they're just ignorant about the case...
as for the list of apps they asked us, I suppose I can tell them it's the same as the HK consoles? can you confirm AW?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
eh it looked like the same thing to me =P

costello: all of the native apps, games, emulators, that ship on the dingoo are causing problems for people who received the "HK" dingoo. also every native o/s homebrew, app, and emulator are causing problems. the problems are anything from bricking the dingoo to the dingoo hanging while trying to save or emulate. however, others with a dingoo that has "HK" in the serial number are not reporting problems, so the whole topic is confusing.

the question is what is an "HK" dingoo. it is a lengthy arguement about what one is. is it a faulty dingoo, as they don't all have "HK" in the serial number. now they are officially denying its existance? it gets really confusing...

but if you want to let them know, here is a list of everything patched by dingoo-digital-usa and MTH for use on the "HK"/problem dingoos.

Game\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atari-800.sim
ColeCOO.sim
CPS1.sim
CPS2.sim
DOOEngine.sim
GBA.sim
GNUBoy.sim
LynGOO.sim
MD.sim
MVS.sim
NeoGeo-Pocket.sim
NES.sim
nuiWSC.sim
O2EM.sim
PrOOSystem.sim
SFC.sim
SmsGGOO.sim

3D Games\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 Days.app
AliBaba.app
Block Breaker.app
Candy.app
Decollation-Warrior.app
Fomula-One.app
font.tga
Hell Striker II.app
Hexa-Virus.app
Landlord.app
Link'em Up.app
Manic-Miner.app
Mine Sweeper.app
Mushroom Roulette.app
Nose Breaker.app
Overlord-Fighter.app
Platinum Sudoku.app
PoPo Bash.app
Puzzle Bobble.app
Rick-Dangerous.app
Rubido.app
Snake.app
Spoout.app
StopWatch.app
Tetris.app
Ultimate Drift.app
Yi-chi King Fighter.app
Zero-Gravity.app
Zhao-Chuan RPG.app

3D Games\Astro-Lander\
Astro-Lander.app

3D Games\CommanderKoon\
CommanderKoon.app

3D Games\GooPlayer\
GooPlayer.app

3D Games\Overclocking\
CPU-200.app
CPU-336.app
CPU-370.app
CPU-400.app
CPU-430.app

3D Games\SameGoo\
samegoo.app

Game\3D Games\Sokuban\
Sokuban.app

also they should release an official unbricker tool for these dingoos. the homebrew community's hacked version works just fine, but official support is always nice.

in regards to that, here is the info, the tool, and a guide to using it...
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-help/u...sg9022/#msg9022

here is the code used to patch the problem.
[title:Python 2.6 code]
import sys

def parseHex(hexString):
assert len(hexString) % 2 == 0
return ''.join(
chr(int(hexString[i : i + 2], 16))
for i in xrange(0, len(hexString), 2)
)

signature = parseHex('50ffbd279000b0af')
replacement = parseHex('010002240800e0030000000000000000')

def patchFiles(fileNames):
for fileName in fileNames:
print 'Loading %s...' % fileName
inp = open(fileName, 'rb')
try:
data = inp.read()
finally:
inp.close()
print 'Analyzing %s...' % fileName
index = data.find(signature)
if index == -1:
print 'Signature not found; skipping file'
else:
print 'Signature found at index %08X' % index
outFileName = fileName + '.patched'
print 'Saving %s...' % outFileName
out = open(outFileName, 'wb')
try:
out.write(data[ : index])
out.write(replacement)
out.write(data[index + len(replacement) : ])
finally:
out.close()

if len(sys.argv) >= 2:
patchFiles(sys.argv[1 : ])
print 'Done.'
else:
print >>sys.stderr, 'Usage: python apppatch.py file1.app [file2.app [...]]'
sys.exit(2)

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
KnightFire said:

the dingoo has the same thing, but the slot supports up to 8gb sdhc cards via a miniSD adapter.

here is some info on the separate game controller which will work with the 2.4GHZ radio receiver

ABOUT CONTROLLER:
Description
For Dingoo A330 handheld game player.
Built-in 2.4GHz wireless transmitter, adapt for remote controlling Dingoo A330 handheld game player.
Use 2XAA alkaline batteries.
Working distance up to 8m, maximum is 10m .
5?6-axis inductive movement function.
6?Channel- mating function between the game pad and the receiver.
7?Rubberized grips with comfortable feeling when use.

-another world

FabAnroid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to dingoo-digital-usa on Dingoonity, the a330 will have 64MB of RAM initially, and a 128MB model will come out later. No one there has been able to tell me what this means for emulation though. Like most of you, I'm not too fussed on the new design, so the only reason I'd pick it up would be if it will make SNES games with Mode7 or Super FX stuff more possible. Can anyone here speculate on whether increased RAM would help here, or would it need faster CPU too?

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FabAnroid said:
According to dingoo-digital-usa on Dingoonity, the a330 will have 64MB of RAM initially, and a 128MB model will come out later. No one there has been able to tell me what this means for emulation though. Like most of you, I'm not too fussed on the new design, so the only reason I'd pick it up would be if it will make SNES games with Mode7 or Super FX stuff more possible. Can anyone here speculate on whether increased RAM would help here, or would it need faster CPU too?
I think mode7 and superFX rely on sheer CPU grunt for a steady framerate. That and very ingenious coding. And even then they are very tricky to emulate "properly". Take all of this with a pinch of salt though, I'm no tech-head. Just my thoughts, after messing about with SNES emulators on numerous different hardware devices over the last few years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Gm4uiJXfM&pp=ygUeSSBoYXZlIG5pcHBsZXMgY2FuIHlvdSBtaWxrIG1l