Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Dingoo A330 -- AGAIN?
Rebranded Gemei A330?
Dingoo-Digital-A330-Console-2.jpg

Our friends at Etronixmart have let us know about the new Dingoo Technologies A330. As if one Dingoo A330 was not enough, this one appears to be a rebranded Gemei A330. Perhaps with this release there will finally be an official SDK, Dingux, and 1st party support.

Thanks to Vincent for the tip!​

icon11.gif
 Source

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bah ! Why do they named it like that ?
The a330 previously released was a fake or what ?

edit : i see. One is from Dingoo Technologies and the other from Dingoo Digital (alias Gemei Tech ?). -_-

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it appears that gemei tech is the parent company and dingoo digital and dingoo technologies are more of the "test the market" companies. its like how acekard released the r4 ultra, its all about the money. the more companies you have, the more products you have, the more people find out about it the more money you can make.

the sad part is that they aren't focused on their products any longer. the new dingoo a380 uses an old verson of dingux, the gemei a330 has hardly any official support which means no homebrew for the community, etc.

this new dingoo a330 (v2) is going to be more of the same. another system that isn't supported by an official team (except for minor updates) and with no official SDK for the homebrew community. but man, i hope i'm wrong. i hope the "dingoo" brand is enough for someone to release an SDK. the gemei a330 is actually a really nice system but without homebrew its gets old pretty quick.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yea he is working on a port of dingux but he said that gemei tech is being really secretive with the information he needs. he has been forced to translate chinese documents and figure out the rest on his own.

dingux on the gamebox? that would be cool.

-another world

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I had remained with Gemei for years. Now my Gemei has a warped screen, odd battery charge, and lost headphones. I just hope that my remaining with Gemei would not be for naught.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
here goes... lol:[*]dingoo digital a320 paw print logo (some were released with smaller batteries that held less of a charge, no one is sure why)[*]dingoo digital a320 "HK" build with paw print logo (said to have been released only for hongkong, had a hardware change that required a community homebrew patch for all native apps/emulators)[*]dingoo digital/technology a320 "HK" with no logo (not 100% sure if they both released an "HK" build)[*]dingoo technology a320 (dingoo digital split, old team is 1-2 guys now bitching that dingoo technologies is a fake company, blah)[*]dingoo technology a330 (new system to get away from the dingoo digital drama)[*]gemei tech a330 (wifi co-op, native o/s, not much community support yet, gemei tech appears to be the parent company for all dingoo products)[*]dingoo technology a380 (wifi co-op, dingux o/s -- tho an old build)[*]dingoo technology a330 v2 (a rebranded gemei tech a330)
^i'm sure i messed that list up a bit. in the middle when the "HK" version came out (which had some hardware changes and required a patch by the homebrew community to get all the files working correctly) i stopped paying attention. i'm pretty sure both dingoo digitial (which at this time was coming to an end) and dingoo technology both had an "HK" build at one point. i'm not 100% sure and if anyone is really curious they should probably research a bit at dingoonity.

the one to get is the old dingoo digital paw print logo dingoo a320, which sadly is no longer made. it is the most supported and in my opinion the best of the lot. the "HK" a320 is the samething but you might have to patch some files to get them working, and the unbricker to use is the "HK" universal unbricker. the gemei a330 has a better case, design, and buttons, and it offers 2-player co-op wifi for all native emus (but GBA), yet it has no community support and no public SDK. if gemei ever gets their head out of their ass to better understand the homebrew movement then i would recommend the gemei a330 over the others, except the lcd built for HD movies causes a "blurry" effect on the edge of graphics built for a grid pixel set-up. however, it doesn't bother me that much and i quickly forget about it after i start playing.

-another world

betterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its full name is" Dingoo Digital A330". Totally the same with Gemei A330 except the logo" Dingoo" Which is printed on the surface of console. It is the product of Dingoo Digital. They removed the word" Gemei" and replace it with" Dingoo".

It seems like that Dingoo is famous than Gemei?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
last i checked dingoo digital was no more, just the shareholders who stayed behind and who own the rights to the dingoo paw print logo, the old website design, and the original native software. the funny thing was that the gemei used the dingoo digital paw print logo on their first firmware update and they used the dingoo digital software. so perhaps they own the rights and are re-releasing stuff under that name.

dingoo technology has publicly stated that they do not work for gemei tech and that gemei is just the factory that products the units.

QUOTE said:
The Chinese people sometimes are very "complex" and "mysterious", so the thing is not just as simple as what you think. The only truth I can tell you is that Dingoo abruption in Sept 2009 because the shareholders have different opinions on the future direction of the company. Some of the staffs gone with them and the others with us. Because we are the ones who engaged in selling Dingoo from the very start, we don't want to abandon it and then we decided to succeed the game player business. Original Dingoo Digital just owned some stock A320. Although we did not do so well as your expected, we still insist on.

Again, please take back your words, we are not work for" Gemei", EVEN and NEVER! Gemei is only a pervious factory of us, that is all! They saw the Dingoo sold well, and then they made out the "Gemei A330".

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...